Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2012, 17:20   #16
BHPian

Re: My Chevy Aveo catches Fire :-(

Thanks All for your response.

Yes, I did get the AutoCop installed from Chevy Dealership when I got the car. (even the chevy website promotes it on their website saying quality products).Yes it is 4Yrs+ Old and nothing has happened yet otherwise.

I had even got Anti-Rodent thing done in my engine bay as well (3 Years back) from Chevy workshop.

Although they are still not sure of the actual of cause of fire but they are certain it was due to the short of electrical circuit involving AutoCop as its wire caught fire (under the carpet at driver's end). Not sure how but this wire would wear out/ eaten up under the carpet.

After the final cost was given, I have written a mail to GM directly. No response yet but I heard from workshop that they had ensuired about the issue at their end the very next day.

I agree Insurance will only partly cover for various things, but insurance has refused to cover the cost of wiring replacement. It is covering Body parts, insulation etc.

Aplogise for the incohrent response, but I hope I answered all the doubts raised. Keeping my fingers crossed to get this issue resolved sooner.

However, I bit skeptical of driving the same machine again. Is there a good place/person from where/whom I can get it reassessed properly?
Old 20th August 2017, 16:26   #17
BHPian

Re: My Chevy Aveo catches Fire :-(

I think, in this kind of scenario, we should check up the system by seeking help of a professional who is not biased to the insurance company and find the cause of fire.If it is due to the third party accessory, which is really a possibility, they have more legal rights than us.However, there is also a possibility that the fire started off as a result of leakage in fuel delivery system ( Which is really unlikely ) or any damage in the wiring kit.Luckily , if it is the second case, we can seek legal aid and force them to give a free repair/replace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks