Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2012, 13:52   #16
BHPian

re: Diesel filter needed every 10K kms for the i20 Diesel?

Oh I just got it replaced for my car a couple of days ago, and yes to the OP, it needs to be changed often but not as early as 10K km I guess, in over 50K km I've got it replaced twice. Its placed below the ECU but you don't need to pull out the ECU. TASS raises the car and does it from under. Ah must say its just one of the curses of owning a CRDI
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel filter needed every 10K kms for the i20 Diesel?-untitled2232.jpg  

kartikk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 16:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Diesel filter needed every 10K kms for the i20 Diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Oh I just got it replaced for my car a couple of days ago, and yes to the OP, it needs to be changed often but not as early as 10K km I guess, in over 50K km I've got it replaced twice. Its placed below the ECU but you don't need to pull out the ECU. TASS raises the car and does it from under. Ah must say its just one of the curses of owning a CRDI
What car is it ?

Only 2.2 litres of engine oil ??
Old 14th October 2012, 09:02   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Filters for Skoda/VW 2.0 CRDI are cheaper

A friend paid 1,27,000 bucks for Sonata Embera CRDi's clutch plate(invoice available on request).
What is the cost of the Diesel filter for the VW group's 2.0 TDI?
The thing that i would want to know is what are its costs when bought from Audi. Considering that the engine mechanicals are the same, will there be any price difference in them?
If yes, then Audi cant have an answer as to why

also it would be nice to compare it to the comparable engines like the Cruze VCDi.
Old 14th October 2012, 09:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
For old swift diesel filter is replaced at 20k intervals. I believe it costs around 1.5k
Yes !

It was replaced at 20K service. Rs 1200 -Bosch- Made in Spain.
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel filter needed every 10K kms for the i20 Diesel?-2012022414.46.58.jpg  

F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 11:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
The bill reads 'Gasoline engine oil.' Does CRDi engine uses that oil?
Old 14th October 2012, 23:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
please do tell about the car quite interesting to see 2.2L gasoline oil put in a crdi engine
Old 15th October 2012, 11:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
What car is it ?

Only 2.2 litres of engine oil ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
The bill reads 'Gasoline engine oil.' Does CRDi engine uses that oil?
Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
please do tell about the car quite interesting to see 2.2L gasoline oil put in a crdi engine
Ahh, sorry guys nothing to be excited, I was carrying about 1.5 ltrs of Mobil1 with me, the bill only shows what I have been charged not whats gone into the engine. 3.7 ltrs for our national engine,by the way weren't we discussing Fuel Filters
Old 15th October 2012, 14:11   #23
BHPian

According to the manual, the fuel filter cartridge needs to be replaced every 10,000 Kms. Since Hyundai imports the engine and related parts, the cost is on the higher side. Moreover, Hyundai recommends replacing the entire fuel filter assembly which includes the element and the housing which is the cartridge. The cartridge contains all the relevant sensors related to diesel quality and also checks for water presence in the fuel which is what makes it an expensive component to replace costing around Rs. 1,750.

However, that is still less when compared to the new Diesel Swift's fuel filter replacement cost which has now become around Rs. 3,300 plus labour charges of around Rs. 200 for removal and refitting of engine control module which is removed to access the fuel filter cartridge . Rs. 3,300 includes the cost of filter element and the cartridge. The only saving grace is that Maruti recommends replacement of the entire unit every 20,000 Kms. Guess Maruti is going the Hyundai way and trying to beat them at their game.
Old 15th October 2012, 20:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Wow, some interesting insights into the maintenance "hazards" of owning a Maruti or a Hyundai. It seems that the cheap to maintain mantra that used to be the USP for Maruti & Hyundai is no longer valid.

Any idea on the pricing of the same component (i.e. diesel fuel filter) for other cars such as the Ford Figo/Fiesta TDCi, Mahindra Verito dCi & the VW Vento TDi?
Old 16th October 2012, 00:42   #25
BHPian

Hello Freewheelin

I own new swift Zdi and cost mentioned for diesel filter replacement is wrong . I gave my swift for service for 20000 km interval and it costed less then 2000 . Whole service costed me 5800 which includes gear oil , engine oil ,brake oil , engine oil filter , air filter , diesel filter . I dont think the price qouted by you is correct .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheelin_KD View Post
According to the manual, the fuel filter cartridge needs to be replaced every 10,000 Kms. Since Hyundai imports the engine and related parts, the cost is on the higher side. Moreover, Hyundai recommends replacing the entire fuel filter assembly which includes the element and the housing which is the cartridge. The cartridge contains all the relevant sensors related to diesel quality and also checks for water presence in the fuel which is what makes it an expensive component to replace costing around Rs. 1,750.

However, that is still less when compared to the new Diesel Swift's fuel filter replacement cost which has now become around Rs. 3,300 plus labour charges of around Rs. 200 for removal and refitting of engine control module which is removed to access the fuel filter cartridge . Rs. 3,300 includes the cost of filter element and the cartridge. The only saving grace is that Maruti recommends replacement of the entire unit every 20,000 Kms. Guess Maruti is going the Hyundai way and trying to beat them at their game.

Last edited by Safari_Beast : 16th October 2012 at 00:46.
Old 16th October 2012, 05:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello Freewheelin

I own new swift Zdi and cost mentioned for diesel filter replacement is wrong . I gave my swift for service for 20000 km interval and it costed less then 2000 . Whole service costed me 5800 which includes gear oil , engine oil ,brake oil , engine oil filter , air filter , diesel filter . I dont think the price qouted by you is correct .
Why don't you post a picture of your invoice so that those who're paying a lot higher will get to know?
Old 16th October 2012, 10:23   #27
Team-BHP Support

Diesel filter of a Swift costs around 1300 bucks. No extra labor charges, if the fitment is done as part of a paid service.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 10:59   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
A friend paid 1,27,000 bucks for Sonata Embera CRDi's clutch plate(invoice available on request).
Yes, the invoice will tell the real story.
My Tucson clutch overhaul costs @14000 (add another 6000 if you want to have the flywheel changed as well). Master cylinder is @3500 and slave one @2500.

Does Sonata use a DMF?

BTW, regarding the diesel filter, they change it during every service for the Tucson (recommended service interval is 10000 KM), I guess diesel filter change interval should depend on the diesel quality rather than anything else...
Old 16th October 2012, 12:06   #29
BHPian

Hello Bhpains

Here is the invoice copy of of my new swift Zdi for 20000 km service interval , and diesel filter for new swift costs 1100 rupees only . In the 20000 kms service interval gear oil , engine oil ,brake oil , coolant , engine oil filter , air filter , diesel filter were changed and whole service costed me 5981 rupees .
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel filter needed every 10K kms for the i20 Diesel?-invoice.jpg  

Old 16th October 2012, 17:13   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello Freewheelin

I own new swift Zdi and cost mentioned for diesel filter replacement is wrong ....
Buddy, the cost you have mentioned is only for the filter element and not the whole cartridge. Even i got it replaced for Rs.1,200 at my 20,000 Km service but I had to cajole and use techniques better not mentioned here to get the SA to replace the element. He said this is the last time he will do this as Maruti has strictly recommended that the entire cartridge be replaced for all new diesel Swifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Diesel filter of a Swift costs around 1300 bucks. No extra labor charges, if the fitment is done as part of a paid service.
For old Swifts, i.e. pre August 2011 models, I think only the element has to be replaced and not the whole cartridge. The cost for that is around Rs. 1,200. For new Swifts, the entire cartridge with the element has to be replaced. This post gives out the details on the same :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2877205
Freewheelin_KD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks