Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2012, 14:22   #1
BHPian

Accidental Pouring of 2T Oil in Cars and 4S Bikes

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I went to fill petrol for my Ritz in a BP petrol bunk in Coimbatore near Saravnampatti. I told the person to fill it up with 1000 Rs. My normal practice is to come out of the seat and watch him filling up the petrol to avoid any mischeif from the worker's end.

So just in time i reached when he was inserting the nozzle into the car. I noticed that it was a 2T + normal petrol nozzle where it combines the 2T oil with petrol inside and feeds the noozle. The 2T Oil % LCD display had a number in it indicating that much % of 2T oil will get mixed in it. I suddenly stopped him in time before he started firing. They were not able to reset and he had to fill a 2T bike behind me and then reset to fill my petrol. This happened because there was one 2T bike before me and the worker forgot to reset the 2T % to zero.

Now the Questions..

1 .Will there be any short term/ long term issue for a 4 stroke petrol engine if it gets mixture of 2T oil ?

2. How about the effects of it in a Car engine & Bike engine like Pulsar 150? Because I used to fill my bike also at this place.

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2012 at 13:53. Reason: No need to use BOLD fonts here
Old 13th October 2012, 21:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidental Pouring of 2T Oil in Cars and 4S Bikes

Looks like they added a little bit of 2T oil - this should cause no problem at all.

If you search on TBHP you'll find that people recommend it for diesel engine vehicles in the first place (but in relatively small quantities).

If they added as much as they would for a two-stroke bike engine, then you may have some injector trouble, but it should go away eventually.

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2012 at 13:53. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 08:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidental Pouring of 2T Oil in Cars and 4S Bikes

Definitely there could not be any problem. Dilute the oil effect by filling in more petrol so that the injectors will not get clogged, if at all..
The oil will only act as an upper cylinder oil used commonly in earlier days after engine overhaul. 2T oil leaves much lesser deposits than burning of SAE 30 oil which was once used for two stroke engines before the advent of the 2T.
Therefore there need not be any concern or worry.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks