Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2012, 23:15   #1
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Emission Monitoring Solution (EMO) to monitor Emission data in real time

MODS:Not sure if this is the correct section to post in, feel free to move as appropriate. Quick search did not yield any existing threads but if it does please merge.

Interesting read - came across this today. Courtesy:New Indian Express
Quote:
When one day, an employee working with the Global Innovation team of CGI wondered as to why in India, we have to get a Pollution Under Control check done every 3 months by going to a petrol pump and standing in a queue? Why cannot the same emissions check be done remotely and in real time? The team immediately realised this idea had potential not just for the Indian market but also globally as a way to combat the growing menace of vehicular pollution.
Link

Last edited by GTO : 22nd October 2012 at 16:43. Reason: Keeping fair usage practices in mind, it is best to include an excerpt + link to full article
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:28   #2
BHPian

Re: Emission Monitoring Solution (EMO) to monitor Emission data in real time

{I work in emission development }
Never heard of this company. They seem to take the data from OBD and display it to the driver.

This ofcourse has nothing to do with the PUC test done periodically. PUC testing is only for smoke . I dont think OBD can display smoke levels constantly.

I dont want to go on obscure tangents about the field of emission testing, but I see a lot of inconsistencies in the article.

What exactly is this company CGI? They are working for the emission industry, postal industry and the insurance industry? I am confused.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks