Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2012, 10:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Engine misfire in my Hyundai i20 CRDI: UPDATE: Issue resolved

Took the car to Advaith Hyundai this morning. I got to know after reaching there that my SA has extended his leave until Friday. I did the mistake of not calling him before starting from home. I didn't want to leave my car with any other SA as my regular SA knows my car in and out, he was the one who handled my car when the underbody damage happened last year. Also I didn't want to keep my car parked in the workshop until Saturday since I have seen the driving style of service guys inside the workshop. I'll be taking the car again on Saturday.

The workshop is around 20 km from my home. The drive was smooth. The car started without any issues. The check engine light was ON throughout the drive.
Old 27th October 2012, 13:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Took the car to Advaith Hyundai this morning. They checked for the error codes and found that all the sensors are working. My SA then told me after some inspection that a wiring has gone kaput. He asked me to leave the car in workshop for 2-3 days so that they can correctly diagnose the issue and take corrective actions.

The misfire didn't occur after last Monday.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 19:46   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a vague feeling of dread that Hyundai will ask for a change of ECM & wiring, costing a bomb, and blaming water damage for it..
Old 31st October 2012, 23:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

My SA called me this morning and told that the wiring has arrived last evening and will be completing the work most probably by Friday.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 12:52   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr
My SA called me this morning and told that the wiring has arrived last evening and will be completing the work most probably by Friday.

Which wiring is it exactly? Is it covered under warranty? Please share the cost and part number.

How did it go kaput ,any idea?
Old 1st November 2012, 18:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Which wiring is it exactly? Is it covered under warranty? Please share the cost and part number.

How did it go kaput ,any idea?
I too don't know which wiring is this. My SA told its covered under warranty. I couldn't get any more details as I couldn't go to the workshop due to very tight schedule at work. I'll get the entire details once I go to collect my car.
Old 4th November 2012, 15:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr

I too don't know which wiring is this. My SA told its covered under warranty. I couldn't get any more details as I couldn't go to the workshop due to very tight schedule at work. I'll get the entire details once I go to collect my car.
Vinay.
I hope you got your car back by now.
Could you please let us know what was the issue and how was it fixed.
Also any amount spend from your pocket to get it fixed or all taken care under warranty.
Cheers
Old 4th November 2012, 15:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury

Vinay.
I hope you got your car back by now.
Could you please let us know what was the issue and how was it fixed.
Also any amount spend from your pocket to get it fixed or all taken care under warranty.
Cheers
Hi Supriyo. My SA told that the work has been completed and has asked me to keep the car in the workshop for 2-3 days for observation. Nothing is charged. Everything is covered under warranty. I could not visit the workshop this weekend since I'm out of the town. I'll go to the workshop on Tuesday or Wednesday and post the entire details here.
Old 8th November 2012, 00:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

The issue is rectified.

Got a call from my SA this morning that I can collect the car anytime after 2 pm. I went to the workshop at around 6 in the evening. The car was ready by then. I asked the exact cause of the problem. He told that the main wiring which gives the reading of the sensor values to the ECU had developed a fault. He came to know about this from the scanner. Even he doesn't know the exact reason why the wiring went bad. So they replaced the wiring and rechecked for any error codes in the scanner. It showed that all the sensors are working fine. They took close to 11 days to rectify this. The diagnosis of the issue took 2 days, the arrival of the wiring took almost 4 days, installation took 2 days, trial run for 3 days.

Replacement of the wiring was done under warranty. They did not charge anything to me. Infact they did the exterior washing, polishing and interior cleaning with durawax for free.

Now the Check Engine Light is gone. I drove about 35 km on the way back from the workshop and the car was behaving normal. Cranking too was normal, but need to verify it during the coldstarts. I'll check this next morning and post the details here.

Thanks everyone for the support.
guyfrmblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 10:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Performed a coldstart this morning and the cranking was perfectly fine. The hum of the engine was uniform. The sine wave phenomenon which I had explained in the opening post wasn't there. Then I drove the car all the way to office which is around 40 km from my home and everything was normal. I appreciate the work done by Advaith Hyundai.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks