Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:46   #16
BANNED

Re: Issues with my BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post

Regarding every other person who has mentioned about escalating the matter in the right way. I followed the process Service advisor, Service Manager, Cutomer relationship Manager, Technical head Detusche Motoren, CEO Detusche Motoren. post all this I wrote to BMW India President and Chairman germany. If we will not tell them how the dealers are handling the customers then how will they ever know.
1. Escalation within the dealership is pointless and a waste of effort. I was referring to the Service Manager and Service Head of BMW India which is the only escalation levels that you should have used. Going directly to the President has denied you the benefits of these escalation points.

2. If your car is Sept 2011 and delivered to you in July 2012 then you have got a very old car and a probable cause for your problems. Check your registration details and see if the year of manufacture has been mentioned as 2011.
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Year of manufacture as per the registration paper says 2012

2. If your car is Sept 2011 and delivered to you in July 2012 then you have got a very old car and a probable cause for your problems. Check your registration details and see if the year of manufacture has been mentioned as 2011.

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by GTO : 24th October 2012 at 17:19. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I checked on the site the production date is 26.09.2011, thanks for the link. I got the car in July 2012.
Oh this is really terrible, I guess you overlooked this aspect at buying stage.
Being very aggressive with the dealer or the top brass of the company will not be a very good idea, it is better to be patient yet persistent with technical support for all claims to get what you want.
Some members have given positive suggestion and hope they are useful to you.
Hope you can patiently discuss and settle this issue amicably with BMW.
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The steering noise is a known issue with the E90. BMW is coming up with a solution to it.

My suggestion is you go there and show them the problems, rather than getting it picked up every time.

Also the gearshifts are a bit jerky at slower speeds sometimes, not an issue. Google on how to reset the transmission, it may help.
Bro what is the registration date and year of manufacture on your car. if you dont mind sharing.
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:09   #20
BANNED

Quote:
There! You have a possible solution to your problems. Now check the other details given by the dealer and confirm whether all the papers mention 2012 as the year of manufacture too.
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:48   #21
BHPian

The insurance paper bajaj allianz and bmw secure advance registration information says 2012
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:00   #22
BANNED

Quote:
The insurance paper bajaj allianz and bmw secure advance registration information says 2012
What about the Invoice? Also if you have a copy of the application for registration (photocopy will do too) done by the dealer, check that too.
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:04   #23
BHPian

Invoice is silent on year of manufacturing.registration copy I'd not with me as i used someone so he sent paper directly.
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:13   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Invoice is silent on year of manufacturing.registration copy I'd not with me as i used someone so he sent paper directly.
Ok, so check with that the other person whether he has a copy of the application. Next, have you got any emails or any other correspondence with the dealer prior to your buying the car?
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:16   #25
BHPian

Nothing on that.but i can check with the guy
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:21   #26
BANNED

Why is that so? Did you not interact with the dealer prior to buying the car or was it all done by the other person?
Old 23rd October 2012, 20:30   #27
Team-BHP Support

We recently had a similar experience with the office 5, the response from the dealer here in BLR was not only pathetic but very unprofessional. They didn't even show basic courtesy which a MUL workshop gives, like acknowledgement or decent update of status. In short a frustrating 1 month with car waiting in the garage for a simple connector, that too for a under a year old car with just 17k kms. After many "stinkers" to BMW managed to get some replacement cars, that was the only respite. After spending half a crore of rupees, we were amazed at the response, rather the lack of it.

Wishing you the very best in getting the issues resolved amicably.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 15:12   #28
BHPian

I totally agree, BMW India is just drowning. I had bad experience with my 520d service as well. Do read about it in the long term review section.
Old 25th October 2012, 01:36   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bro what is the registration date and year of manufacture on your car. if you dont mind sharing.
It was registered in October and manufactured in April last year.
Old 4th November 2012, 19:50   #30
BHPian

Guys, it's not only BMW India, this is worldwide. I had a 2007 335i in the US. Had it for 3 and a half years Andy Git rid of it after the warranty died. The only saving grace was that BMW USA covers everything for 4 years and 50K miles. So the only out of pocket cost I incurred during that time was for a couple of run flats. I had 4 fuel pumps blow out on me, the washer fluid motor, the wing mirror motor, trim pieces coming apart and this one time soon after I got it, my wing mirror housing came off somewhere an and they did not replace it for free even when they determined that it was not in an accident or someone had tried to forcibly rip it off.

I was also involved in a minor accident where my passenger wheel assembly was damaged and after they fixed it and returned the car it kept veering to The right. It took them 2 months and multiple visits to figure out that they had not torqued one of the nuts in the strut assembly correctly.

That is why I got rid of her and picked up the 2011 Jetta and it has been a problem free experience ever since. I would love to get into another performance German car again but my experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth. My brothers in India picked up 520d's this year and they are crossing their fingers that they do not have the same problems I did.

Just one piece of advice to all of you enthusiasts. I have a lot of friends here that own high end machinery. All of them have had issues with their cars. If you are willing to drop that coin be prepared for the TLC you will have to give your cars and patience will be your strongest ally.
e92335 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks