Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 13:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford Ikon : Drum Beating sound?

Hi Binford,
Can I ask if the drum beating sound is heard from front left side . If yes then I sometimes hear it in my car especially on smooth roads at speeds above 70. Its faint and not too audible, I usally ignore it as there are lot more other noises to hear at the speed ,from engine, tires etc.
What is the break up of 5800? Any thing is being changed than the usual consumables? I suspect that the diesel filter price and labour might have gone up.
Also can you please tell me the approximate cost of brake pads as you have changed it once.Mine is little over 30k and might need a replacement.

Last edited by bullboy : 13th December 2012 at 13:19.
Old 13th December 2012, 14:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy
Mine is little over 30k and might need a replacement.
The distance alone cannot be considered for replacement of brake pads. What is your brake usage? Do you use brakes more often? Get the brake pads checked for the life remained in them.

Off-Topic-- I got the front brake pads of our Xylo changed at 153KKms.
The first brake pads which came with the vehicle lasted for 153KKms.
Old 13th December 2012, 15:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
What is your brake usage?
I'm not that heavy on brakes , I hear some sound from front right wheel while braking ,not metallic.Need to check it .153k is an exceptional life for brake pads.
Old 13th December 2012, 16:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Hi Binford,
Can I ask if the drum beating sound is heard from front left side . If yes then I sometimes hear it in my car especially on smooth roads at speeds above 70. Its faint and not too audible, I usally ignore it as there are lot more other noises to hear at the speed ,from engine, tires etc.
What is the break up of 5800? Any thing is being changed than the usual consumables? I suspect that the diesel filter price and labour might have gone up.
Also can you please tell me the approximate cost of brake pads as you have changed it once.Mine is little over 30k and might need a replacement.
Hi Bullboy
This sound comes on rough roads and not on smooth roads. It was identified earlier as the front suspension bushes and I have asked them to change both(RS 600+labour).Sound vanished for 2 weeks and again it came back but less audible now

Now they are claiming Front Shocks gone and need replacement. I really doubt this happened between span of 3000 kms. I did not driven the car harshly in between. So need to check with some local guys if the shocks are really gone or not If so I will replace.

Then brake pads replaced in year 2010 and that time it cost around 1400 or so. They said for ABS types it costs more and for Dizarre it is around 4000 .Not sure about this really.
BinFord is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 18:36   #20
BHPian

Awaiting the delivery as ASC called and informed work is complete.Total Bill 6500
Old 13th December 2012, 21:07   #21
BHPian

Got the Car back in the evening after 60000 Service. Total cost 6500.Please find the breakups attached.

Asked them to leave Shocks. Ball joints and Tie roads were replaced excluding some parts.

All other service requirements completed as part of 60000 service .

Hope it is reasonable? What do you say mates?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf f3.pdf (236.0 KB, 386 views)
File Type: pdf f4.pdf (87.1 KB, 348 views)
Old 13th December 2012, 22:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
Hi Catalyst_delhi and S5157

One quick query. I have given my FORD TDCI for 60000 Service. Now the SA called me and said Both front shocks and ball joint need to replace.I have asked them to check the things mentioned by you and S5157 earlier as the issue reoccured.

They gave a quote of 11000 including both.

Does this really cost this much?

3000 for each shocks(front) and remaining for Ball joints and steering accessories. Apart from this 5800 odd for 60000 Service.

I am really worried hearing this.

Any quick reply ?
I checked the bills and they are very very resonable. I am surprised. FNG looks costlier in terms of normal wear and tear stuff at ford

Thanks

CatalystDelhi

Last edited by Catalyst_delhi : 13th December 2012 at 23:04. Reason: Missed a post
Old 13th December 2012, 22:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post

Do report back on what the 5800 rupees consist of?

Thanks

CatalystDelhi
Hi CatalystDelhi

Can you check my previous post.I have already updated after the service.Bills attached with details.
BinFord is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks