Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2017, 11:10   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 ECU Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
My ECM troubles are back. The previous instance was fixed just by reducing the wires and applying some pressured air to the contacts. Yesterday I got the 3M poweshine treatment and in the process they sprayed water on the ecu probably. Now the car is just not starting. The engine light and the immobilizer light just do not light up. Am wondering what can be done now.
Could be an issue of water seepage slowly into some connectors which is causing the problem. You have two possible fixes. First is to remove the ECU connectors and get it cleaned /blown with air and reconnect them. Do this after disconnecting the battery. If that doesn't work maybe you have a shot ECM which I don't think is easy to happen unless the ECU is not water tight.

Else repeat whatever was done earlier when you had issues and attend to the same connector / harness or sensor. If there is a potential for an issue in it, then it would be the same problem showing up again.
Old 7th January 2017, 11:51   #17
BHPian

Somehow the known mechanic knew a ECM repair guy. Some ICs were shot. He replaced them. Now all scan codes are okay and lights come up but the car still won't start. It just doesn't crank - battery too is just a few months old. Can this be because of some bent valves (as when the car was not starting earlier, the guys may have tried to crank it multiple times)
Old 25th July 2017, 14:28   #18
BHPian

My ECM troubles are back. It started as current leakage and then I found out that it may have been because of the ECM itself as there's a lot of corrosion found on the wiring harness coupler and the ECM pins themselves. In the pictures you may see that one of the pin is also broken.

Why would the green residue form on these pins? The car is usually parked in the basement where because of monsoons there's some humidity. But would that cause the green residue? Also, even if I replace the ECM, how do I avoid the same again?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 ECU Trouble-img20170723wa0002.jpg  

Hyundai i20 ECU Trouble-img20170723wa0005.jpg  

Old 26th July 2017, 00:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Why would the green residue form on these pins? The car is usually parked in the basement where because of monsoons there's some humidity. But would that cause the green residue? Also, even if I replace the ECM, how do I avoid the same again?
Green residue is copper oxides, causing because the pins in the connector and ECU are rusting.

The main cause is the waterproofing on the connector/wiring harness has gone bad. This will keep repeating unless you change the connector/wiring harness or waterproof the connector properly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks