Old 5th May 2006, 00:54   #16
BHPian

try formula 1 scratch out.....

this removes minor scratches
Old 5th May 2006, 04:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar
Thanks very much for the info and the price, but the painting guy usually charges me 100 Rs for rubbing and polishing. I do not know how many times will a 50 Rs box last for. Can you use it more than once? I have also seen the painting guy applying a lot of strength for the job. Is it really easy to use this compound? kindly excuse my ignorance.
This 3M Finesse-it box should be sufficient for the DIY small scratches and will last you quite long. The region where you have applied rubbing will look very clean and even shine, but don't use it very often as it removes a thin layer of your paint coat and hence gets rid of those scratches also cleaning the surface off some dirt particles. Use white waste(the ragged cloth made of numerous threads that mechanics and painters use) only as it is smoother than the coloured waste. Yes it requires little bit of force, just watch a painter do this and then DIY. In case of major scratches, take the car to a good painter.
Old 5th May 2006, 11:31   #18

Where can one get the authentic Teflon car coating (SIMONIZ) in Delhi/NCR??

Hi pals, Could someone please tell me where to get my car coated with SIMONIZ, the authentic Teflon car coating? Most of the places are coating cars with Waxpoletc, which is not really teflon. Teflon, a dupont product is done under the name of SIMONIZ.
Old 5th May 2006, 15:29   #19

Teflon Car Coating

Any idea where can one get Teflon car coating done in DElhi/NCR??
Old 5th May 2006, 17:56   #20
BHPian

Guys i now have to get teflon coating to avoid these scraches...... so let me know where can i get teflon done in delhi preferably south delhi...

can i get it only on the hood and roof or do i have to get that as whole.. also kindly tell me what cost can i expect for Palio..

Thanks
Old 6th May 2006, 13:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

The teflon coating costs some where from 1500 to 2000 INR. Get it to atil autos on NH 8 which is a fiat service station and he will do it and i am not sure if it is duepont or not
Old 19th May 2006, 21:11   #22

RE:Ugly minute scraches HELP!

Guys,

The Formula 1 Scratch Out mentions that it will not harm 'clear coat' paints. What are clear coat paints? Or for that matter, what are non clear coat paints?! My car is a Azure Grey Swift - is that a clear coat?

Thanks,
Sushrut.

Most Viewed