Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2012, 21:22   #16
BANNED

Re: Toyota Innova - Injectors clogged

A little

I was charged 1528/- for injectors cleaning by MASS.

What is that they specifically do in this type? Open up the whole unit and service it or what?

Help me to understand this.

Sorry mHawk to hijack your thread. Seemed similar in doubt so asked.

Anurag.
Old 15th November 2012, 18:47   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag
A little

I was charged 1528/- for injectors cleaning by MASS.

What is that they specifically do in this type? Open up the whole unit and service it or what?

Help me to understand this.

Sorry mHawk to hijack your thread. Seemed similar in doubt so asked.

Anurag.
Ideally they should use a injector cleaning machine. Where in the add a cleaning liquid to the machine along with 1 litre of petrol or diesel and supply this concentrated cleaner to the fuel line so as to clean the injectors. They don't remove the injectors from the engine.

Another way is to add a additive to petrol or diesel in the tank and wash their hands off.

The second method is what most service centers resort to since its a easy way of making quick buck.

Ideally you need not clean the injectors at all if they are not giving any problem.occasional use of system g or d is more than sufficient!
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 19:03   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Ideally you need not clean the injectors at all if they are not giving any problem.occasional use of system g or d is more than sufficient!
I get an advise from my service center every time I give it for service. Right from my first service till date. They say my car got a heavy running so injectors get clogged and affect mileage. (1 year and 10 months - 72k Kms). I have always told a NO when I give the car but this time I could not give the car as I was out of station and dad had given so they silently got the injectors cleaned and put a heavy bill.
Old 29th January 2017, 16:43   #19
bkc
BHPian

To give more insight on injector cleaning at MASS, they do not have injector cleaning machine and get it done outside.

On my car, for steering vibrations, they opened up all the injectors, used emery paper to scrub rust deposits over it. They even scrubbed on the tip, which had black carbon over it, until the tip became shiny (can they really scrub? the small holes might not close up?).
The injector number were noted down in an order, from left to right, with serial numbers written over them; the first and last injector was interchanged while fixing back the injectors.

Before starting the car again, they connected the OBD scanner and changed the serial numbers of first and fourth injector. Later, the car was started and left to idle for 30 mins before using it (They call it calibration).
bkc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks