Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2014, 12:39   #46
BHPian

Re: Project Super Sport: Fiat Palio S10

You literally saved the poor old S10 of all its sins Hats off to your passion and dedication to bring the old girl back in its glory. I see an S10 driven by a fat lady every single day and she drives that thing with total ignorance. Sort of thing you could make out by the looks of it that there isn't a single inch on that still beautiful bright yellow S10 without a massive dent, scratch you name it. Thankfully the bumpers look all good. Feel so sorry about that car everyday and then I see this thread on T-BHP.

I have a suggestion though. With all due respect what Mr. Sachin Tendulkar was, the S10 deserves a better signature. If I were you, I would have replaced the signature with either of these two driving gods as a tribute and as a difference the immortal Ayrton Senna or the unbeatable Michael Schumacher. Again this is just a suggestion. Enjoy your drive.
Old 16th August 2014, 17:48   #47
BHPian

Congratulations Nimish,S10 looks amazing.I would say worth the time and effort.By the way i have a doubt,as you mentioned Sachin had personally autographed individual cars?Is that correct.I mean all the 500 of them were autographs or was a template used?

As for the final images,it sees like the rear has got the diffuser installed.Can we have images of the same.The front looks clean and plane jane!!!Waiting for the updated body kit.By the way did you consider gun metal or matte black wheels?IMO it should looks menacing.
Looking forward to more updates and images.
Old 16th August 2014, 21:25   #48
BHPian

What a wonderful story !! Absolutely fantastic to see such passion and consequent results!

I still remember test driving the Palio S10 way back in 2002 in New Delhi and if I am not mistaken it was costing ~5.78 lacs on road then. Couldn't buy it then...still have that remorse, instead ended up buying a santro. Would hasten to add I loved my santro too!

Today I own a T-jet, innova, today but would rate the Palio S10 the hot hatch which remains to be beaten.

All the very best and enjoy the new ride!!
Old 18th August 2014, 10:21   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

And some people say; carrying a baby for 10 months and giving birth is the most painful!! Ask such S10 owners and you'll know what's more painful!

Beautifully crafted review & car. Where is the car, Cochin? Would love to see JayD's & your car. The itch for the S10 grows even more.

Congrats on the mean machine. Would like to know how much did you pay for the FFE.
Old 19th August 2014, 12:07   #50
BHPian

Had a long weekend and ended up taking the yellow out for a drive to the nilgiris. Enclosing some pictures of the same. The initial run in was sorted out and the machine feels more rev friendly after a stint of 1500 kilometres. The front bumper and meters will be included in phase 2.
Attached Thumbnails
Project Super Sport: Fiat Palio S10-img_4319167284867.jpeg  

Project Super Sport: Fiat Palio S10-img_3922348282337.jpeg  

Project Super Sport: Fiat Palio S10-img_3407896590319.jpeg  

Project Super Sport: Fiat Palio S10-screenshot_20140819120409.png  

Project Super Sport: Fiat Palio S10-screenshot_20140819120451.png  

Nimish anthony is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 09:47   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Looks brilliant, Nimish. It must have been quite frustrating for you to wait close to a year to get her back on the road. Needless to say, all that hard work seems to have paid off. The car can pass off for a brand new car, at least that's what the photographs seem to indicate. Do post more photographs of the interior and the engine bay.
Enclosing a few more pictures as requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykerdawg View Post
Nimish, this is massively awesome. I own a silver 1.6 GTX that is piling on dust and what not - for lack of time and funds. Restoring it has been a long-standing pipe dream and this thread was really exciting to go through. What an amazing moment it must have been to hear the engine crank back to life. If I were in Cochin, I'd hound you for a spin until you gave in .

For what it's worth I think the silver alloys work better than smoked ones. And more pics, please!
Leave me a PM when would like to have a TD and shall have a spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
Nimish: I want to add ffe to my GTX. Can you share the cost. BTW we shall meet and check the drag timing, that would be fun.
The FFE as of now Costs 20 K plus. Shall have a track day sometime and check out the timings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
And some people say; carrying a baby for 10 months and giving birth is the most painful!! Ask such S10 owners and you'll know what's more painful!

Beautifully crafted review & car. Where is the car, Cochin? Would love to see JayD's & your car. The itch for the S10 grows even more.

Congrats on the mean machine. Would like to know how much did you pay for the FFE.
Attached Thumbnails
Project Super Sport: Fiat Palio S10-super-sport2.jpg  

Project Super Sport: Fiat Palio S10-super-sport-1.jpg  

Project Super Sport: Fiat Palio S10-super-sport3.jpg  

Nimish anthony is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 10:23   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

You got some drool worthy pics!! The four S10s in a convoy + the last ones especially.

Nimish, could you also tell me how much was the sparco replicas? How comfortable is it compared to the stock seat? I find the GTX seats to be not-so-comfortable owing to very less support. And where did you source those from?
Old 25th August 2014, 10:34   #53
BHPian

Quote:
You got some drool worthy pics!! The four S10s in a convoy + the last ones especially.

Nimish, could you also tell me how much was the sparco replicas? How comfortable is it compared to the stock seat? I find the GTX seats to be not-so-comfortable owing to very less support. And where did you source those from?
The replicas come in 3 quality grades. They charge you from 22 k to 40 K for a pair depending on the quality of seats. The seats definitely offer lateral support but its difficult to get in and get out as the side bolsters protrude. From my experience majority of the seats are not comfortable but its best to go to the shop sit on it and check it out so you get a feel according to your posture. I found the ones installed quite good for my use.
The same is available at hottracks in bangalore and quite a few shops around koramangala.
Nimish anthony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 13:12   #54
BHPian

Stunning photographs! No doubt, your snaps will fuel the desire to acquire more S10s in fellow BHPians. I'm nearly there myself .

Are those pure white pilot bulbs? Could you tell me where you sourced them from? I've been looking for pure white bulbs to to replace the ones in my pilot, reverse and number plate lamps for ages now. But every single one that I have managed to find seem to have a little too much of blue in them for my liking.
Old 6th September 2014, 15:07   #55
BHPian

Those are pilot white bulbs sourced from ebay.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post

Are those pure white pilot bulbs? Could you tell me where you sourced them from? I've been looking for pure white bulbs to to replace the ones in my pilot, reverse and number plate lamps for ages now. But every single one that I have managed to find seem to have a little too much of blue in them for my liking.
Old 22nd February 2015, 14:19   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

You car is up for sale? http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...at/Palio.html/

That's quite a lot of effort gone into the car; why sell it so quick?
Old 24th February 2015, 11:34   #57
BHPian

I had picked up Badge No 10 S10 that was owned by Sachin Tendulkar. Since i have two now i was in the thought process of parting with 1 car as 2 yellow machines dont serve my purpose. Hence the sale.
The Super sport has undergone a remap of late. will update the same.

Quote:
You car is up for sale? http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...at/Palio.html/

That's quite a lot of effort gone into the car; why sell it so quick?
Attached Thumbnails
Project Super Sport: Fiat Palio S10-unnamed.jpg  

Nimish anthony is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks