Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 11:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova : 4 Wiper Blades in 2 Months! Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Thank you all. Trying to procure a wiper arm for the Innova. Also, threaded the arm on the spindle to eliminate even any tiny bit of play. No play at all. Tight as a drum.

Just to quell all doubts, I gave the windshield the old 1-2-3. 1. Pril + Water + old newspaper . 2. Windshield spray + regular cotton cloth . 3. Microfibre cloth to dry it all up

IT.STILL.JUDDERRRRRRRSSSSS.

Anyone in Bangalore know where I can pick up a new arm? I work in Koramangala and live in Indira Nagar and am dreading a trip to JC Road.
Ice, the problem is not with the windshield cleanliness or even wiper arm. Right now as I am traveling, the windshield has been staying dirty for long times and yet there has not been any juddering. It has to be the wiper assembly (arm assembly in complete). Suggest you get it checked at TASS and if required get the new part from there only instead of searching in the market.
Old 19th November 2012, 14:25   #17
Ice
BHPian

Re: Wiper blade Judder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
- Spot On. This is a common issue which can be rectified with a pair of pliers.

That is where is the problem lies. Leave the wiper in home position itself and see if the rubber edge of the blade is exactly perpendicular to the surface of the windshield. If not, you will have to grab a piece of cloth and a pair of pliers. Wrap the mid of the wiper arm with 2 or 3 rounds of the waste cloth. And grab the arm by the pliers over the cloth. The cloth is only to protect the paint on the arm while the plier bites the arm. Slowly twist the arm little in the direction where the blade will be perpendicular to the surface of the windshield. And you are done. All the best.
Note: Try this before investing on new blades.
Looks like it's fixed. Thank you so much!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks