Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 11:06   #121
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster: Water leakage on the floor carpet. EDIT, now Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Camphor im told is a better medicine for bad odour. Try with a few tablets of Camphor under the carpets
Thanks, for conforming. That is what I thought when this gent told me about 'cockroach tablets'. What flashed in my mind was camphor, not naphthalene, but the guy was insisting. I put in Odonil instead. Naphthalene would have driven me out along with the roaches
Old 17th January 2013, 19:00   #122
Senior - BHPian

The best solution to get rid of the odour would be to sprinkle baking powder (soda) over it and allow it to remain for a bit then brush it out.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2013, 21:11   #123
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster: Wet carpet odour

I've kept a small Odonil under my front foot mat with the A/C blow directed over it. I've also placed camphor bits under all the floor mats and the boot.

The car has a very 'divine' smell now. I only hope the bad smell disappears with all these experiments.
Old 24th April 2013, 10:54   #124
BHPian

Hi Rajesh,
Long time no update. How is your Duster doing now.
Have you managed to eliminate the foul odor?
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 14:20   #125
BHPian

I have water in the right rear passenger floor mats during rains, sending the car over for repair tomorrow. The SC has not fixed any of my previous problems with the AC. Hope this gets fixed.
Old 31st May 2013, 19:55   #126
Senior - BHPian

Use camphor - It removes moisture inside the car.

Was thinking of the duster when your thread has made me wary!!

All the best Sir!
Old 2nd June 2013, 10:11   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
I have water in the right rear passenger floor mats during rains, sending the car over for repair tomorrow. The SC has not fixed any of my previous problems with the AC. Hope this gets fixed.
I have taken my car thrice to the Whitefield service center to get this fixed and the team there has been unable to solve this.There are buckets of water in the right side passenger area after each rain.What option am i left with.
werfish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 09:19   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have taken my car thrice to the Whitefield service center to get this fixed and the team there has been unable to solve this.There are buckets of water in the right side passenger area after each rain.What option am i left with.
Have they identified if it indeed comes through the doors? Any clear findings in that direction?
Old 5th June 2013, 12:07   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Have they identified if it indeed comes through the doors? Any clear findings in that direction?
I was told that the leak is happening through the door beading and the speakers that i had setup at an ICE outlet.Need to wait for the next rains to check if the problem is solved.I had setup the ICE in last August and this problem is being seen since the past 1-1.5 month only.
I had twitted Renault on this problem and i had got many call's from them on the problem and they have assured their support if the problem recurs.
Old 5th June 2013, 12:22   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told that the leak is happening through the door beading and the speakers that i had setup at an ICE outlet
How can the speakers cause this problem ? its clearly the door beading that is at fault.

Why can't they water wash the car , after drying the door completely, to find out ?
Old 7th June 2013, 22:48   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Hi Rajesh,
Long time no update. How is your Duster doing now.
Have you managed to eliminate the foul odor?
Hi Sumesh, Been out of circulation for a while. Absolutely no problem now. Completely dried out and smelling wonderful with the the deodorant. Had the camphor under the carpets for two weeks though.

Quote:
Quote:
I was told that the leak is happening through the door beading and the speakers that i had setup at an ICE outlet.Need to wait for the next rains to check if the problem is solved.I had setup the ICE in last August and this problem is being seen since the past 1-1.5 month only.
I had twitted Renault on this problem and i had got many call's from them on the problem and they have assured their support if the problem recurs.
Hi werfish, Sorry about the delay. Your problem seem a little different from mine. I did have a loose door beading on the left rear door (look at the pictures in the beginning of this thread). That wasn't the reason fot my leak anyway but Renault replaced the beading for me.

My leak was from the scuttle panel drain in the front. The water used to accumulate below the windshield, where the wipers lie, then overflow through the outer air circulation vent for the A/C. The scuttle panel drain has a rubber o-ring with a one way valve that was too hard. The service guys cut off the valve leaflet so now the water flows out freely.

I'm not sure how the speaker is to be blamed unless you have cut a larger opening for them. It has to be beading since Renault has, in it's infinite wisdom, found the need only for one beading for the doors (on the inside).

Have you got any pics of the leak? Please post them or mail them to me.

Rajesh
Old 9th June 2013, 10:18   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
I'm not sure how the speaker is to be blamed unless you have cut a larger opening for them. It has to be beading since Renault has, in it's infinite wisdom, found the need only for one beading for the doors (on the inside).

Have you got any pics of the leak? Please post them or mail them to me.

Rajesh
I was told that the speaker cap was not placed and that caused a leak and also that door beading was misaligned by the ICE installers and hence added to the leak.
They have mentioned that these two items has been rectified ,need to wait for the next rain to check if the problem is resolved, will share the pics the next time it leaks.
Old 9th June 2013, 19:49   #133
BHPian

Quote:
I was told that the speaker cap was not placed ....... also that door beading was misaligned by the ICE installers .......
They have mentioned that these two items has been rectified .... wait for the next rain
I had my beading hanging loose at the top of the rear left door. See the first page of this thread (post #4). Renault replaced the beading. There is no problem after that. We'll wait for your next rain/wash experience. Let's hope it has been solved once and for all.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:17   #134
BHPian

The water seepage in my car just refuses to go away, all these months it was on the rear right passenger area,now its on the rear left passenger area.Previous reason given by Renault ASS was fixing of ICE speakers now they are saying its due to floor carpet.Really have no clue why all these problems started recently when the accessories were all fixed a year back.Have put a video showing the leak.
Old 4th September 2013, 10:43   #135
BHPian

That's a bad design. The drain hole seems to be a bit high and aligning with the inward slope of the floor. The rubber flap is not sealing tight when the door is closed. I assume that you have already tried changing that piece of rubber. I'll suggest to cut a small piece from cycle tube and stick it with glue like a flap.

Havent faced it myself, but this is a waiting time bomb.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks