Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2013, 20:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Power Window Failure? How to manually roll your window up

Piqued my interest, Went through the whole thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Fiddling with wiring, without a circuit diagram or proper diagnosis of fault, is not what is recommended in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
I did assume a level of intimacy with wiring and electrical stuff in general, considering the OP explicitly told us twice that he had an IT background.
My two bits on what seems to be the crux of a dispute:
If a person needs advice (ie unable to figure it out for himself) on what to do about a power window problem, I for one would not advise him to fiddle around electrical connections (to a presumably DPDT switch). My advice would be the same as SSTs, mechanical in nature.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 21:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
... I park on the road outside my house so it wasn't safe to park the car whole night with a window open... other ideas which can be implemented.
Good post. I have another idea, if the purpose is to protect for a night- a full body cover for the car, I think, could be used to hide the open window from vandals.

-BJ
Old 9th April 2014, 12:28   #33
BHPian

Re: Ford Ikon Power Window Cable Replacement GUIDE

Sorry for reviving such an old thread but, I'm having a problem with the driver's window on my Ikon. It seems to be stuck in the downward direction!
Is there a quick fix for this because my local mechanic claims that it'll cost around 1500-2000 for a switch that I'll have to procure myself from Opera House (with no warranty!)!
Old 12th April 2014, 08:24   #34
BHPian

The switch can be fixed in some cases. If you are competent enough to open it up. You only need a screwdriver to check. And when you say stuck- describe the symptoms a little more. Is the window stuck and refuses to go up or down? Or does it go down, but refuses to come up?
RM2488 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 12:06   #35
BHPian

The window is stuck(closed). The upward direction of the switch for the driver's window doesn't have a tactile feel like the other three window switches. When I press the switch in the downward direction(to roll down the window), the tactile feel is present but the window doesn't roll down at all! This gets really annoying when I have to pay tolls et cetera!
Old 13th April 2014, 14:27   #36
BHPian

Your switch does appear to be damaged. Perhaps it can be repaired, but you'll have to open it up to see. I doubt this is the case, but you can have a buildup of crud on the contacts. Cleaning them does the trick.
RM2488 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 15:24   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM2488 View Post
Your switch does appear to be damaged. Perhaps it can be repaired, but you'll have to open it up to see. I doubt this is the case, but you can have a buildup of crud on the contacts. Cleaning them does the trick.
Yeah, I'll check up on that, then! Thanks for the help!
Old 23rd April 2019, 10:16   #38
BHPian

Reviving a very old thread here.
I have a 2011 VW Vento and a month ago had replaced the gear of front passenger side power window motor as it had all is teeth worn out. The work was done at a FNG and the problem was sorted out.
Now since the last two days I get a knock from my apartment watchman that the same window is rolled all the way down when the car is off and parked at night.
What could be the problem.
Old 4th May 2022, 06:17   #39
BANNED

My Swift Power windows get stuck occasionally. The car is pretty old now but used to have this problem even when it was just a couple of years old (it used to be pretty rare then though). Now for the last few years, this problem is frequent. One of the windows get stuck quarter or halfway. Then I have to pull it up by hand & then the automatic button starts working again & then the problem occurs again after a month or so. I have taken it to the neighbourhood mechanic & he opens the panel, does stuff & then the problem doesn't happen for 5-6 months & then it starts again occasionally. I have taken it to mechanics around 4 times in the last few years. Is there a permanent solution to it?

Last edited by carboy : 4th May 2022 at 06:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks