Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2006, 15:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Hey Prince, the FE of 20 kmpl was claimed in this thread itself, if this was a ECM only, then there was no need for 20 kmpl claim.
BTW, i was referring to ECM-the T-BHpian and not ECM which forms the heart of an MPFI engine.

Just clarifying
Old 8th May 2006, 16:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Common, don't ridicule him. Some other Baleno happy person, who is getting 13-14 in city in city might ridicule you for getting such poor FE

Based on his post, I guess, he is getting FE of 20 KMPH on highway with very very careful driving. Many of us get 16-18 kmpl on highways, so his might be just little more extreme case.
12 kmpl is normal... I have got mileage of 11.8, 12.2 and 12.7 in the last three runs with AC on 90% of the time (even leave it on for minor ~ 5 min stops..if I need to pickup something while wife is in the car)...so the car does not guzzle fuel for sure...
Old 8th May 2006, 21:03   #18
ECM
BHPian

VenkatRX

"and you are talking about 20 kmpl......this is ridiculous to say the least."
I advise you not to use words like this as this thread and forum is for sharing information with others and members gain a lot of knowledge out of it.If you cannot get such mileage in your car(what ever u using)kindly check what is wrong in your car or handover it to some other guy for a test drive as sometime our driving habits is the culprit for it.
Now back to main topic,
First I am amazed that members are taking keen interest in discussion,congrats to admin who built this forum and members who are keenly active in sharing info.
I just changed alternator and probe is still there,I also checked(changed)ignitors(coil in simple language)which is mounted above plugs(total 2 nos.).Tomorrow Maruti is sending 2 engineers to my place to solve this probe so I shall post tomorrow the next story of this saga.I have always felt Maruti is super fast as far as servicing and handing complain goes,the key is to appoarch the right person and explain him your probe.
Probe is in the 4th cylinder and now I can see a missfires when it is in idle speed,engine jerks continuously and spark plug of 4th Cyl. comes black when service ppl remove it so some excess fuel is going in that Cyl,why this is happening is a point to inspect.
thx all and keep sharing information.(But not in Venkat style )!!
P.S:-Someone just asked me here how I calibrate my avg when I fill up only 20 kms fuel in tank.Its easy.Suppose I am going to Mumbai fm my place and at this point I do not full my tank to full capacity.I keep feeling petrol at good pumps on highways.After reaching my destination and leaving for my place I full my tank and after reaching home I refull it to check my avg,this I do once in 2 months.Those who still doubt me my open challenge to prove that I get an avg of 20 kms/Ltr @ 70kms/hr.speed on highways.Someone(sorry I forgot his name-id)which tyre I am using.well I have JK radials fitted in my Baleno rt now.Hope this helps.

Last edited by ECM : 8th May 2006 at 21:08.
Old 8th May 2006, 21:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

You know what with careful driving 20kmpl is quite possible...its the driving style that matters. But getting those sort of figures consistently would be harder to achieve.

Anyway, I'd check the piston rings too on that 4th piston.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 8th May 2006 at 21:13.
Old 8th May 2006, 21:18   #20
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
You know what with careful driving 20kmpl is quite possible...its the driving style that matters. But getting those sort of figures consistently would be harder to achieve.

Anyway, I'd check the piston rings too on that 4th piston.

Drifter
Brother there is no oil consumption at all and this probe I am getting since last 1 month only and after that I have stopped using this car.Your logic is good I agree but in that case car must consume engine oil which is not the case.Anyway as I have said I am getting it inspected tomorrow at 11 by 2 senior engineers speacially comming for to inspect this probe and will post the inputs for all of you.thx again for sharing your valued knowledge with us.May god bless you.
Old 8th May 2006, 21:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]Hey ECM.. i am not very familiar with a Baleno engine.. so was wondering if the Engine has got Crank Case Ventilation diapragm.. cos according to my exp with BMW Engines a faulty diapragm could cause ingress of oil in Cylinder no 4/8 ie the last cylinders of a V8, followed by engine vibrations/misfiring/hissing noise and also the check engine lights to go on.. Hope this helps u in any way..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Regards,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Maverick.[/SIZE]
Old 8th May 2006, 21:25   #22
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490
[SIZE=2]Hey ECM.. i am not very familiar with a Baleno engine.. so was wondering if the Engine has got Crank Case Ventilation diapragm.. cos according to my exp with BMW Engines a faulty diapragm could cause ingress of oil in Cylinder no 4/8 ie the last cylinders of a V8, followed by engine vibrations/misfiring/hissing noise and also the check engine lights to go on.. Hope this helps u in any way..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Regards,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Maverick.[/SIZE]
Dear brother though I did not get you full but let me tell you that we have already checked all vacum pipes including tank cap.Will keep your sotion in mind too when the final saga gonna play tomorrow,thx again and again..Amazing forum indeed as when I refresh page someone is hitting with answers.Love you all!may God bless you my dear friends.
Old 8th May 2006, 21:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ok you mentioned that the error code was something to do with the oxygen sensor...isnt that supposed to situated in the exhaust system...have maruti tried changing the oxygen sensor? That could be damaged...but still cant relate why your fourth plug is black...still worth a try.

Drifter
Old 8th May 2006, 21:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

A faulty oygen sensor is a very common cause for check engine lights going on in BMW's as it deterioates the emmision values and also forces the ECU to go for richer fuel mixture.. but it wont cause the other mentioned symptoms..
Old 8th May 2006, 21:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

This thread has been a sesation in my office, I just couldnt help laughing after reading the claimed FE and tricks to get it like closing the windows while driving as they effect aerodynamics of the car.... to add to this point one should always drive in the wind direction, this will give you even more mileage

Last edited by aseem : 8th May 2006 at 21:42.
Old 8th May 2006, 21:42   #26
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490
A faulty oygen sensor is a very common cause for check engine lights going on in BMW's as it deterioates the emmision values and also forces the ECU to go for richer fuel mixture.. but it wont cause the other mentioned symptoms..
The error code I get is exactly for OS(oxy sensor)but in idle speed engine is not running smooth and one can feel constant misfires in it hence OS may not be faulty and wrong timing is the reason perhaps for OS signal in ECM.
And also note in my very first post that relays are getting heated up(may be due to wrong timing in engine and ecm is then using default datas when check engine light comes on)so all in all now I am focusing in electronics and not in physics for my baleno probe,thx again for valued inputs.
Old 8th May 2006, 21:47   #27
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
This thread has been a sesation in my office, I just couldnt help laughing after reading the claimed FE and tricks to get it like closing the windows while driving as they effect aerodynamics of the car.... to add to this point one should always drive in the wind direction, this will give you even more mileage
Then tell your office staff to see a road show on BBC and number of time anchor has advised to drive with windows closed(wind in car produces opposite force,learn aero dinamics man and then laugh on others).If someone can laugh on my lines I indirectly feel that I saved them from higher blood pressure!! haha.
Big fault in ours(incl.me and slowly I am learning)that we-Indians never listen what opposite party says,b4 he finishes we jump on it and try to prove that I am something or you are wrong and I am right..poor thing and only time can teach us this.Not anyone's fault.
Old 8th May 2006, 22:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Hahahahahaahahahhahahaa...i cant stop laughing.
No! Not very funny...

Thats a fact, closed windows will mean less fuel consumption.
Was wondering where you had gone off to...anyway whats the fuel consumption on your swift...you'd be better off taking the suggestions regarding FE.

Drifter
Old 8th May 2006, 22:05   #29
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
Hahahahahaahahahhahahaa...i cant stop laughing.
No! Not very funny...

Thats a fact, closed windows will mean less fuel consumption.
Was wondering where you had gone off to...anyway whats the fuel consumption on your swift...you'd be better off taking the suggestions regarding FE.

Drifter
Swift won't give him more than 15kms/L,if he gets more he is lucky!
Old 8th May 2006, 22:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Swift won't give him more than 15kms/L,if he gets more he is lucky!
With basics like that, nobody will get good FE!

Drifter
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks