Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2006, 22:14   #31
BHPian

Swift

I would say aseem manages only5 Kmpl, the way he drives. He always drives with his windows open and against the wind direction
Old 8th May 2006, 23:38   #32
elf
BANNED

Try to solve the problem, Shirley!

You guys are nuts! Leave the man (ECM) alone.

If half you loons noticed, he did place a rider by way of an introduction before he started his first post, being that he loved his Baleno & it gave him his claimed FE of 20. He then started his post to seek help for his ECU problem. To quote:
"... My Baleno gives me an avg of 20 kms/Ltr on road at a speed of 70Km/Hr. ..."

He wasn't posting about his FE, but still had the decency to respond when somebody else asked him how he managed it. That's all. Quit heckling the poor sod!

@ vinu99@gmail.com: post #13
"... If not, wait for some more runs with fuel from a different fuel station. If the FE remains the same, then there might be a probem..."
How is it a problem if he's getting a higher FE of 20 instead of the 10-11 you get?
You working for a fuel company or something, son?

@ aseem:
You're a master of practical aerodynamics, which is why you'd know that closing your windows will get you a higher top speed & better FE (separately, of course), as will driving downwind, due to lessened wind drag.
Granted, ECM's measures may be a bit extreme for most of us & may even border on discomfort, but then again, it's his car, his FE, his life.

@ Maverick5490:
I think you're pretty much right on the Oxygen Sensor, since you said that the last cylinder in BMWs you worked on also had a problem when the OS was faulty.

@ ECM:
Methinks it's a case of busted timing, combined with the faulty OS, which is freaking out the ECU.
Also, not to be rude or anything, but the word is "problem", commonly shortened to "prob". I had a tough time understanding your sentences ("probe") till I figured you meant that.

Hope the service guys tomorrow fix the car, & all the best to you dude.

Ciao!

Last edited by elf : 8th May 2006 at 23:43.
Old 8th May 2006, 23:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Then tell your office staff to see a road show on BBC and number of time anchor has advised to drive with windows closed(wind in car produces opposite force,learn aero dinamics man and then laugh on others).If someone can laugh on my lines I indirectly feel that I saved them from higher blood pressure!! haha.
Big fault in ours(incl.me and slowly I am learning)that we-Indians never listen what opposite party says,b4 he finishes we jump on it and try to prove that I am something or you are wrong and I am right..poor thing and only time can teach us this.Not anyone's fault.
Very well said ECM. ...............Aseem .........mmmmmmm i am not suprised
Old 9th May 2006, 00:30   #34
ECM
BHPian

Okay Guys I quit now as some posts pissed me off fully.Perhaps I did something wrong in expressing myself here.btw in my family we have 5 balenos and we all are happy with what we have in our hands.Sorry if I've hurt anyone directly or indirectly with my poor engish,you keep buzzing each other like true Indians.good bye.

Do not quote the entire message. - Mod Team

Last edited by Samurai : 11th May 2006 at 17:16.
Old 9th May 2006, 02:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Okay Guys I quit now as some posts pissed me off fully.Perhaps I did something wrong in expressing myself here.btw in my family we have 5 balenos and we all are happy with what we have in our hands.Sorry if I've hurt anyone directly or indirectly with my poor engish,you keep buzzing each other like true Indians.good bye.
Hi ECM, please dont take suggestions from ELF or remarks from anyone too personally. We at TBHP are a family, and like all families, many times we disagree, argue, yet at the same time we are there for each other as resources when the time counts. Please dont get discouraged to post or blame our Indian mentality. We should take pride in the fact that we are Indians and here to help each other.
Welcome onboard and please continue to post.
Old 9th May 2006, 03:44   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
We at TBHP are a family, and like all families, many times we disagree, argue, yet at the same time we are there for each other as resources when the time counts. Welcome onboard and please continue to post.
...and on that note, lets continue with the topic under discussion...
Old 9th May 2006, 04:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hey ECM dude...dont get ticked off over some flying comments man...we are all kidding...

Well, getting back to the concern, I may add that the problem isnt with the O2 sensor coz most people who have concerns with the O2 sensor, they end up getting pathetic FE unlike yours...

I have a feeling its your ecu which is kinda shorting out somewhere and sending incorrect signals to the the injectors and also plugs. If your ECU is automatically altering Ignition timing and fuel maps, this is what you can expect. Try asking Maruti guys to give you a dummy ECU to chk for few days...that will solve your problem Im sure.
Old 9th May 2006, 10:54   #38
BHPian

@ECM - Trace the wiring from the crank and cam position sensors to the ecu, especially from the Crankshaft position sensor, and ensure that they are in top condition and that connectivity is okay. If its fine , try using a new Crankshaft and camshaft position sensor.
You could also interchange the injector for cyl 4 and chk.
Old 9th May 2006, 17:04   #39
BHPian

guys i got my baleno serviced a few days ago.. my service advisor got my fuel injectors cleaned according to the service schedule.. the throttle response had improved a lot.. but yesterday, my car started giving jerks between 1100 - 2000 rpm.. there hasnt been any loss in power, and i havent been able to check my FE..
P.S. the check engine light does not come on...

any idea as to why this is happening?

@ECM: is it similar to your problem?

cheers!
Shrivz...
Old 9th May 2006, 20:20   #40
ECM
BHPian

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I would not be back here to be honest but I got many priv msgs to post and continue so posting once again.One request to those who are smarter than me,never pull legs of any newbie,let him settle down and know others.I do not blaim anyone but really it was a hash feeling when someone thinks that I can't write or I claim false FE etc..etc..
Bhai when we all born out of our mother's stomach we sound in simililar tune,correct me if I am wrong! No one of us speak Hindi,Kannada,Gujarati or English so be like that and treat others like your brothers..my preach ends here.
NOW...good news is Maruti Engineers solved my prob(not probe!! )today and One member here gave an exact solution for my prob.Let's start this new saga with a quiz type question and I am thrilled to see the knowledge of that person who correctly detacted the exact probe what I had in my Baleno....Guess the name of that person!!
I shall post tonite what was wrong in my car without fail so stay tuned.
Maruti Baleno Rules on Indian roads

Last edited by Samurai : 11th May 2006 at 17:19.
Old 9th May 2006, 20:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
I shall post tonite what was wrong in my car without fail so stay tuned.
Maruti Baleno Rules on Indian roads
Welcome back and good to hear that your problem is solved. Now, get rid of those "claps" and "waves", since that is against T-BHP rules Not more than 2 smiley per post. (You now hate me, don't you? )
Old 9th May 2006, 20:42   #42
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Welcome back and good to hear that your problem is solved. Now, get rid of those "claps" and "waves", since that is against T-BHP rules Not more than 2 smiley per post. (You now hate me, don't you? )
Removed/edited..haha regarding I hate you-No way but I do crazy thing in 2 cases,either I am drunk or driving Baleno..haha!(I do not drink btw being a Gujju and living in dry state).
Old 9th May 2006, 20:53   #43
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz
guys i got my baleno serviced a few days ago.. my service advisor got my fuel injectors cleaned according to the service schedule.. the throttle response had improved a lot.. but yesterday, my car started giving jerks between 1100 - 2000 rpm.. there hasnt been any loss in power, and i havent been able to check my FE..
P.S. the check engine light does not come on...

any idea as to why this is happening?

@ECM: is it similar to your problem?

cheers!
Shrivz...
Shrivz,
I adise below for u,kindly let me know whats your odometer reading(total run of your car) and at WHAT SPEED U GET JERKS?(RPM IS IM-MATERIAL HERE).
*Again give a bath to your baleno(wash it with full force in service station)and then clean with it full force of air for atleast 10 mins and nozzle must clean each and every part of your engine/electric system speacially plug caps,ignitors,sensors etc..
*Check all nozzles while keep your engine running,do u see any leak?Sometimes O ring of nozzles not fitted in place hence this prob can occur.
*If you had a total run of say more than 50,000 KMs recheck spark plugs and clean then,adjust gap to .6 to .8 mm,mine is .8 in that case.I advise to put new DENSO plugs(type DENSO SGP K20PR-U).For god's sake do not use any other plug that I mentioned above.
*check all vacum pipes.
*I advise to change fuel filter and clean air filter.
*Double check your fuel tank cap,retight it.
*Open all harmless and with a metal brush try to clean them softly.
Let me know if abv helps,if not I shall give u some more tips to get rid of this prob.
All the best and good luck to you.

Last edited by ECM : 9th May 2006 at 20:55.
Old 9th May 2006, 22:40   #44
BHPian

thanks for the reply ecm... the sudden jerks occur at around 20 - 30 kmph.. in 1st and 2nd gear.. they are very minor in 3rd, 4th and 5th but they do occur.. my car has clocked 69000kms and is 5 yrs old...

1. I am personally present when the guys at the service station work on my car.. engine cleaning was done well.

2. I have the Denso K20-PRU spark plugs as you have mentioned in your post and had got them checked and cleaned (will get the plug gap checkd)..

3. Had got my Air filter cleaned and had changed my fuel filter at 64000kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
*Open all harmless and with a metal brush try to clean them softly.
What do you mean by harmless??!!

everything else seems to be pretty much okay..

cheers!
Shrivz
Old 10th May 2006, 00:15   #45
ECM
BHPian

Guys and Gals(hope to have some atleast!!)join me to congratulate this brilliant guy

He rightly detacted the fault in my Baleno and his name is..........

Noneother than................

rdkarthik

who today wrote "@ECM - Trace the wiring from the crank and cam position sensors to the ecu, especially from the Crankshaft position sensor, and ensure that they are in top condition and that connectivity is okay. If its fine , try using a new Crankshaft and camshaft position sensor.
You could also interchange the injector for cyl 4 and chk."

Guys let's appreacite this man's knowledge and yes dear Karthik prob was in my camshaft position sensor only.
CONGRATULATIONS FOR PREDICTING THE RIGHT THING AHEAD OF OTHERS MY FRIEND,I am amazed by your deep knowledge and sence.
Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed