Recommended 7 41.18%
NOT recommended 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2013, 01:23   #1
BHPian

Mechanic - Raj Motors (Nithari, Noida)

Hi Brothers,

I have been using this workshop alot and for each and evry of my need, to the extent that when just recently i bought my new skoda i first confirmed to him, if he is well versed with the car, if something goes wrong at the Dealership.

The name of the owner is Raj, He himself is the head mechanic and orders his minions to perform work on cars.

He has till now handled a BMW 3 series to top the list for which the service centre guys asked for 5.5 lakhs and above; he did the same cars' work in 80k and the owner is really happy.

I myself have all the cars serviced at his place and have 100 percent trust in him.
His prices are unbeatable and his work is highly commendable!

Would really recommend him. You may Quote my name 'Sahil' to get a better realtion trade off right from the beginning, he has as thing to repair cars on priority basis who are related to me, otherwise he has waiting!

Services offered:
Car Repairing, Servicing, Overhauling.

What I like:
Have been a Raj's customer since last two years. Honest straight-forward dealing. No-nonsense nature.
Can source parts of nearly any car. Have seen Maruti 800s as well as all major 'Mantri'(Ministers) SUV's getting stuff done at his place.
Excellent customer support. Even if your car goes bad in the middle of nowhere, he will 90 percent of the times reach you in his own indica and repair your car there only (yeah hes that good!) or maybe help in making you toe your car to his workstation.

What I don't like:
The place near his workground has loads of cow-dung always put up on walls to dry(A common sight in Noida), and that makes it very smeelllyyy!

Pricing:
Ranges from cheap to reasonable. Never had him quote a higher price than someone else.

Speciality / USP:
He is a well experienced and a very intelligent mechanic, who knows his work really well!(emphasizing on this). He has received his training from Tata plant in Jamshedpur . and has immense knowledge to the extent that he owns his own Scanner Machine which he bought for 2 lac rupees. and as softwares for nearly any and every car built till now

Contact Information:
- Name of the contact person: Raj
- Phone numbers: 98188 59757
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Right in Nithari .

Google map attached for location
All the best

Thanks
Sahil
Attached Thumbnails
Mechanic - Raj Motors (Nithari, Noida)-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st February 2013 at 14:46. Reason: Adding more formatting. Will be moved out soon.
don_carmaster is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 17:47   #2
BHPian

re: Mechanic - Raj Motors (Nithari, Noida)

Hey car master, some more details of locations, few photographs of the workshop would do justice.
What work you have recently got done? and usually what kind of jobs he does?
Old 7th January 2013, 20:38   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for this.
Give us the location and whatever else you might have gotten done from him, please. This may be a pocket saver just in time.
Old 21st February 2013, 15:44   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Directory Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 22nd February 2013, 16:21   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I've just spoken to this guy after Ford blew me off again. Cars fan has gone kaput, so he's also agreed to arrange for a tow. Let's see how this pans out.
Old 25th February 2013, 15:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I've just spoken to this guy after Ford blew me off again. Cars fan has gone kaput, so he's also agreed to arrange for a tow. Let's see how this pans out.
Waiting for you to update your experience. I work at NOIDA so i'm keen to hear some feedback on this workshop.
Old 1st March 2013, 10:18   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

don,thanks.
I mentioned your name first thing,and he not only picked up the car,but dropped it off too.
Car went in with a blown head gasket,caused due to overheating,caused due to a faulty fan coupler which ford did not replace even after being told to over the past three services.
He took the car on friday evening, and returned it on wednesday, mostly because of sourcing of parts, and also as he kept refusing, saying,"i am not happy with the work yet".
And since i was also laid out with flu in the interim, i didnt bother him much.

one thing is for sure, he is quick to identify and eliminate prospective cuses, and ones that make sense, unlike every ford authorized asc ive been to(except ncr). Plus hes willing acknowledge that the person may know something about cars himself.

Car feels fine as of now, and i absolutely acknowledge his sourcing skills, even for the chastity b wearing ford monopoly. he didnt give me a quite initially, but promised he would keep it reasonable. Now, i havent got this work done from ford ever,but i have got enough other work done to have a general idea bout how much it would have cost me.
Raj was reasonable, I feel.

10/10.

ps:sameer, you can get your car to him.
mayankk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 23:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
don,thanks.
I mentioned your name first thing,and he not only picked up the car,but dropped it off too.
Car went in with a blown head gasket,caused due to overheating,caused due to a faulty fan coupler which ford did not replace even after being told to over the past three services.
He took the car on friday evening, and returned it on wednesday, mostly because of sourcing of parts, and also as he kept refusing, saying,"i am not happy with the work yet".
And since i was also laid out with flu in the interim, i didnt bother him much.

one thing is for sure, he is quick to identify and eliminate prospective cuses, and ones that make sense, unlike every ford authorized asc ive been to(except ncr). Plus hes willing acknowledge that the person may know something about cars himself.

Car feels fine as of now, and i absolutely acknowledge his sourcing skills, even for the chastity b wearing ford monopoly. he didnt give me a quite initially, but promised he would keep it reasonable. Now, i havent got this work done from ford ever,but i have got enough other work done to have a general idea bout how much it would have cost me.
Raj was reasonable, I feel.

10/10.

ps:sameer, you can get your car to him.
Awesome, i need to get few things sorted out. Let me call him and see, if he can do my work on sunday.

But, how do i get to him. I don't know anything in noida, except DND
Old 8th March 2013, 10:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

I had an unexpected and pleasant experience with Raj earlier in the week. My Elantra-D was over-heating according to the temp gauge. This happened barely metres away from Raj's workshop at 7 in the evening. I called him up and gave him Mayank's reference - had forgotten don_carmaster's name. He guided me to his shop and co-incidentally Mayank was also there at the time. He took a quick look under the hood and advised me to get the cooling system cleaned and flushed. Not wanting to risk over-heating and getting stranded by the road on the way home, I had no choice but to leave the car with him. Mayank very graciously dropped me home after that even though I live in the opposite direction to where he was going.

The experience was very positive. He had already taken out the radiator and sent it to his outsourced guy for cleaning/flushing etc. by the time i reached the next morning. We fitted it back and tested the circulation plus fan activation etc. with the OBD tool connected to monitor the temperature.

Then he insisted on a drive too to ensure that everything was indeed working as it should. But after a short while the temp. needle started behaving oddly again. This confirmed that it was a slight electrical issue that was causing it and the car actually was not over-heating it. He patiently investigated the wiring loom and connectors around the gearbox housing and found a loose grounding connection. This must have been over-looked during a clutch job which I got done elsewhere a few days earlier. Fixed it properly and put in some new bolts to replace old ones that had worn off or rusted - without me asking.

Additionally, i got some other minor work done too including brake-bleeding.

The cost came as follows:
- Radiator cleaning: 600
- Coolant: 420 for 3L
- Labour: 400

Seems very reasonable for the amount of time and attention-to-detail he put in. Definitely going to him again for my car related needs
Deeps is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 11:38   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
I had an unexpected and pleasant experience with Raj earlier in the week. My Elantra-D was over-heating according to the temp gauge. This happened barely metres away from Raj's workshop at 7 in the evening. I called him up and gave him Mayank's reference - had forgotten don_carmaster's name. He guided me to his shop and co-incidentally Mayank was also there at the time. He took a quick look under the hood and advised me to get the cooling system cleaned and flushed. Not wanting to risk over-heating and getting stranded by the road on the way home, I had no choice but to leave the car with him. Mayank very graciously dropped me home after that even though I live in the opposite direction to where he was going.

The experience was very positive. He had already taken out the radiator and sent it to his outsourced guy for cleaning/flushing etc. by the time i reached the next morning. We fitted it back and tested the circulation plus fan activation etc. with the OBD tool connected to monitor the temperature.

Then he insisted on a drive too to ensure that everything was indeed working as it should. But after a short while the temp. needle started behaving oddly again. This confirmed that it was a slight electrical issue that was causing it and the car actually was not over-heating it. He patiently investigated the wiring loom and connectors around the gearbox housing and found a loose grounding connection. This must have been over-looked during a clutch job which I got done elsewhere a few days earlier. Fixed it properly and put in some new bolts to replace old ones that had worn off or rusted - without me asking.

Additionally, i got some other minor work done too including brake-bleeding.

The cost came as follows:
- Radiator cleaning: 600
- Coolant: 420 for 3L
- Labour: 400

Seems very reasonable for the amount of time and attention-to-detail he put in. Definitely going to him again for my car related needs
He sounds great

Please ask him whether he can implant a Verna diesel engine in a Getz-P...
Old 8th March 2013, 11:52   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post

He sounds great

Please ask him whether he can implant a Verna diesel engine in a Getz-P...
Ive spoken to him about such transplants.
He has performed such tasks before successfully.

He also is an expert in reinstalling second hand engines if yours has gone kaput.

Thanks,
Sahil
Old 8th March 2013, 12:01   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Ive spoken to him about such transplants.
He has performed such tasks before successfully.

He also is an expert in reinstalling second hand engines if yours has gone kaput.

Thanks,
Sahil
Thanks Sahil.

Gonna scout Sotiganj this Saturday for Verna engines
Old 8th March 2013, 12:14   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post

Thanks Sahil.

Gonna scout Sotiganj this Saturday for Verna engines
I guess mayapuri,delhi is also a hub for such parts
BTW, where is sotiganj?
Old 8th March 2013, 12:19   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
I guess mayapuri,delhi is also a hub for such parts
BTW, where is sotiganj?
Sotiganj is meerut.
Its where youll find all the total loss cases ending up. Its quite cheap, and ok, provided you dont try for any structural parts from these cars.
Headlights, hoses, instrument clusters, switches, etc, all available.
Old 8th March 2013, 12:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Sotiganj is meerut.
Its where youll find all the total loss cases ending up. Its quite cheap, and ok, provided you dont try for any structural parts from these cars.
Headlights, hoses, instrument clusters, switches, etc, all available.
In addition to total loss cases, more than half of all cars stolen from North India also end up here.
ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks