Team-BHP - Which would be the best small car for CNG
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Which would be the best small car for CNG (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/13103-would-best-small-car-cng-2.html)

hey wolf

Cng is definately a good choice but do you know it takes years to recover the cost of a kit. My dad told me to get it fitted in my car as i take it daily to office which is 50kms up down (CP gurgaon). the price of the kit is based on the volume of the cylender . it starts from 28000 for the (second hand one) till 40000 Rs. and buy a zen its a good car for cng and if looking for a zing my friend brought a 2005 model ps pw zing for 1.8 lacs. so do a little market reaserch and buy the car of your choice if you ask me i would go for a zen. Finally its your call take it !!!

Basically when Petrol was around Rs. 30-35. It would take something around 3,000 KMs per month of driving to get back the cost. Now as the petrol cost is increasing you can get it back at a faster rate. But then at time there wasn't this share market boom etc. so probably this 36,000 was taken into account. Well I guess you would need to calculate the returns according to the instrument you usually choose to invest your money with.

Yes, I was infact having a zen in mind more than anything..But like I said the cost is a factor...! Buying any second hand car and then installing CNG is a good option provided you can avoid the cost of a new car...! For example If I take a Xing PS/PW costing 1.8 like Pramod bhai said...Add the cost of a CNG kit..Which I'm estimating at 30,000 for a decently sized cylinder...the cost of ownership is around 2.10 Thousand, I rather Pay 30,000 More and either buy a Dealer fitted CNG Maruti 800 DX or Alto Basic..with a slightly higher cost..!
Well the confusion will be sorted out soon, Just need my interview to go well and then Ka-Ching...! Will be Delhi-Hunting for a car...!

Dream Deal could be ( Maruti 800 DX-1999-2005 - 55,000 KM or Less-Well Maintained-Fitting CNG - New Tyres - Service - Total cost around 1.8 or 2.0 Max...else will go for a new thing)

Hey wolf Bro

I Have a few dealer friends tell me which car would you like to go for and i will see if i can find a decent CNG fitted car of your choice. PM me for his number

Hey guys, Was just browsing through MUL website
http://www.marutiudyog.com/bp/faq.asp?ch=2&ct=14&sc=2
Here is the problem

" Does Maruti extend warranty to new vehicles retrofitted with CNG kits?

A. Currently, Maruti extends warranty on Carburettor vehicles which are retrofitted with CNG kits from Authorised Transenergy Outlets. We are awaiting Road Worthiness approval from VRDE for MPFI vehicles retrofitted with CNG kits. Once this is received, we can extend warranty on them. "

What I din't get is that, What Vehicles does Maruti Now have that are carburatted...?? Then why a vauge answer...I think all Maruti's are now MPFI or CRDi...!

I tried speaking to a dealer, but no point...was not following my query..Does someone know that If You purchase a new maruti with CNG from the dealer do you get the same maruti warranty ??

thanks

dude sorry but you are mistaken... lpg when it reaches the engine is in the gas form. it is only stored in the liquid state. the lpg gas pipe is directly connected to the air box and the injectors and disconnected

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupamsinha
I read that LPG is a bit better than CNG. As LPG is liquidified and hence also lubricates a bit. But this really be much of a concern. It might reduce engine life but then it should be by a few 1000's Kms. Steps you would require to follow to get a CNG kit in your car.

1. You have different kits for different cars. So make sure before buying a car that it has a certified kit and the same can be endorsed on the RC.
2. They need to be certified by the govt. and the car manufacturer. Palio doesn't has a CNG kit, I guess. In case you somehow get a kit installed in a car for which it isn't made. First of all it would be illegal and secondly you wouldn't be able to endorse it on your RC.
3. The biggest thing. You need to get the change reflected in your RC. The fuel section which probably read petrol before would now be changed to Petrol/CNG. Remember to get this done withing 14 days of getting the kit installed. I guess thats the rule. I would suggest that you ask your dealer to do the same.

as of what i know no company warrenty is valid when the engine is retrofitted with either lpg or cng....
personally i feel that in a new car since the engine is new and all that one should drive it on petrol till the warrenty gets over. till that time even the engine gets free .......

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfinstein
Hey guys, Was just browsing through MUL website
http://www.marutiudyog.com/bp/faq.asp?ch=2&ct=14&sc=2
Here is the problem

" Does Maruti extend warranty to new vehicles retrofitted with CNG kits?

A. Currently, Maruti extends warranty on Carburettor vehicles which are retrofitted with CNG kits from Authorised Transenergy Outlets. We are awaiting Road Worthiness approval from VRDE for MPFI vehicles retrofitted with CNG kits. Once this is received, we can extend warranty on them. "

What I din't get is that, What Vehicles does Maruti Now have that are carburatted...?? Then why a vauge answer...I think all Maruti's are now MPFI or CRDi...!

I tried speaking to a dealer, but no point...was not following my query..Does someone know that If You purchase a new maruti with CNG from the dealer do you get the same maruti warranty ??

thanks

@ Anupam...I don't think you visted the link..! Its the Official Maruti Udyog Website..From where I was enquiring the issue...!

I did some more info hunting on IGL website also, turns out that CNG has a higher Octance level of Over 120, Easily disperses in Air in event of leak and Has more Calorific value than petrol. All this technical detail is on IGL's webpage...!

regards

if CNG is availabel then go for it.. Or else LPG is best choice for cars..

Bangalore dont have any CNG dealers..

Yeah Delhi was the first city in India to launch CNG and have the entire public and Pvt Transport system on CNG..! Buses/Auto's/Taxi's all CNG- The Green Fuel...! Mumbai is also now CNG

Hi friends,

I went down to a Maruti Dealer here and appears that Maruti has delayed the Launch of the LPG Wagon R as they are contemplating the need for a New CNG varient as a more commerically viable option...to add more he said maruti will not offer warranty on any new vehicle converted to CNG...So that clears up my doubt...So here I was all dejected, then I wheeled down to the next TATA motor dealer right next to the Maruti...Man I was in for a surprise...TATA Offered CNG in any TATA Car..@ 42,000...Car comes Factory Fitted with CNG...So I went for a drive in a XETA..Amazing car...! Strong and Sturdy, Plush Interior..rate them as good as a NHC- Beige are standard in the XETA series...! Drive was very responsive...No jerks..hard gears...Took pot holes with comfort..So I'm all sold out on a XETA-GLS with CNG..Which is amounting to Rs.3,19,860 ( All inclusive of Reg/Tax/CNG/Extended Warranty)..! Nevertheless I'm also going to down to a Maruti True Value on Sunday..Check out deals there...But My dad and I both are really sold on XETA...real changes made by TATA have been Impressive..! Any Suggestions...!

Is there any LPG option for XETA since CNG is not available for majority Indian cities ?

Hi Wolf,
the advantage with CNG is undoubtly its lower running cost. which is okay if someone else is driving the car- I had one installed in my baleno, which does about 80 kms a day, by my driver.

I had it taken out last week. I could not stand the sight of everybody overtaking me on the flyover. I am going for an LPG kit.

I have three other cars- all with LPG kits. One which might interest you is the Matiz- run over 22K with LPG- almost no loss of power, no drag while going up flyover, no hassles till now.

Hope this helps. CNG is a good option if you are looking only at fuel costs.

Hi guys, Thought I update the information..! I've finally booked a XETA GLS model ( Colour Undecided, will take Mom Tommorow- Maybe Lagoon Blue or Wine Red )...! Total Cost is 3,60,000 ( On Road) including Insurance/CNG KIT With Lamda Sensor From TATA/Extended Warranty.

I got to know that Indica also offers choice of Tyres- JK Tyre/ Good Year / Apollo / Bridgestone...I will be going for Bridgestone..unless if its not available which other tyre should I choose..Good Year or JK..!

XETA also has One Reverse Light Bulb...Got this confirmed...Asked dealer to explain logic- Says Reverse is not used that much plus you don't drive at 80 KM on Reverse..one bulb is sufficent to let people know that the car is backing...!

On dealer selection I visited A-One ( Mirkana Auto)/ Sanya / Vivek Motors...Found almost all of them offered a similar deal and pricing..Only got much better reponse from Vivek..The Sanya guy, told me Indica does not offer customization..Your Lancer does because it does not sell well..That really pissed me...!

I wanted to know...I'm not getting Fog-Lamps from the dealer as they are turning to be too expensive- Between 2300- 2500 All inclusive of warranty/wiring/switch..! Can anyone suggest me good fog lamps for Indica XETA after market..! Dealer is also charging 900 for painting the Door Handles- Sounds too expensive..!

About My ICE- I will move my Lancer Old Kenwood into the XETA..! However I need New Speakers for XETA and a New HU System for the Lancer...!

Speaker- 2 In-Dash / 2 In Door / 2 for Parcel Tray ..Good Sound..Not Expensive.

Which Head Unit- MP3 From Pioneer or Blaupunkt...I pref Kenwood...Not more than 5000..!

What Cables should I use for the sound setup any brand..!

What About Security- I'm not going in for Auto-Cop...Does the Engine Imobilser work or can it be disabled easily...Even Contemplating Gear Lock system..!

hi man
fog lights can be put after market but the quality might differ.
the body coloured handles and a good buy.. looks good on the car
and i feel it is worth it. it can be done outside but if the colour changes u might be in a problem. ask them for body coloured side mirrors too