Team-BHP - Which would be the best small car for CNG
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Which would be the best small car for CNG (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/13103-would-best-small-car-cng-3.html)

Thanks Anupam, Thats Why I went back today to finalize the colour and Also changed the model...Now I'm getting XETA GLG Model-Silver

This just has some more cosmetic changes over the GLS Model...! Costing me 20 K more...But I think its well worth for De-Mister, Heater,Both Side Mirrors,Central Locking,Fog Lamps,Front 2 Power Windows, Fabric Inserts in Door Panels.

I find the showroom to be to expensive for the body colour paint work...So I will get it done later from my old garage...!

So here is the Final Deal- Indica XETA GLG-CNG in Silver Metallic. Total On Road Cost- 3.79

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfinstein
Hi guys, Thought I update the information..! I've finally booked a XETA GLS model ( Colour Undecided, will take Mom Tommorow- Maybe Lagoon Blue or Wine Red )...! Total Cost is 3,60,000 ( On Road) including Insurance/CNG KIT With Lamda Sensor From TATA/Extended Warranty.

What's a Lamda Sensor?

According to what was explained..! The Lamda sensor is a device which works in collaboration with XETA's ECU Unit to control Engine Knock-Restrict Fuel Supply when in CNG Mode-Getting accurate data from other sensors such as Oxygen Sensors in the engine so as to prevent mis-reading by the ECU when CNG is used. Was also told that with the new sensor unit- The car starts on Petrol and on accelaration shifts to CNG mode ( I wonder if this is common with all CNG systems..Not sure), You also get a Display unit to guage the amount of Gas left in the Cylinder...Something about some better Solenoid etc...!

Quote:

According to what was explained..! The Lamda sensor is a device which works in collaboration with XETA's ECU Unit to control Engine Knock-Restrict Fuel Supply when in CNG Mode-Getting accurate data from other sensors such as Oxygen Sensors in the engine so as to prevent mis-reading by the ECU when CNG is used. Was also told that with the new sensor unit- The car starts on Petrol and on accelaration shifts to CNG mode ( I wonder if this is common with all CNG systems..Not sure), You also get a Display unit to guage the amount of Gas left in the Cylinder...Something about some better Solenoid etc...!

Is your CNG kit equipped with the Automatic Timing Advancer? It's device that advances the timing of the spark plugs (when in CNG mode) so as to minimise the power loss. Most CNG guys do not fit this device in the car, resulting in poor pick up while on CNG.

Yes, in good CNG kits, the switchover to CNG is automatic, being linked to engine RPM. By default, the car always starts in petrol mode, even if CNG mode has been selected. Once the RPM crosses a designated figure (say 1500 RPM), the car switches over to CNG automatically. Thereafter, it remains on CNG even if RPM falls below the designated figure.

i would say go for maruti esteem i know its not a small car but once u put cylinder in small car there will be no storage place.

@ Direct

Don't know about the Advanced Timer- Since its going to be a TATA Kit...I'm sure that it will be advanced enough...Maybe thats what Lamda sensor is all about...!

The car has been booked, and will get it by Wednesday or Thursday, as I insisted on having a complete ready car, rather than take delivery and then give it back for CNG Formalities at the RTO.

Maruti Esteem does not come under a Small Car Category, However Much I would have liked a Maruti- I was really put of by Maruti Not Honouring Warranty after CNG installation, whearas TATA does..!

Second Hand car was an option, but since I was keen on the CNG..You never know what condition the engine is to bear the CNG load..! Even if its a good condition car- Risk overcame Pro's in this case...!

So for Rs.3.79 , I'm getting a New Advanced CNG Car with 36 Months of warranty- Translating into a Peace of Mind..!

Im happy to know that TATA give wattanty on CNG cars as well ..........

@ wolfinstein vbmenu_register("postmenu_237192", true); GLG in petrol is equivalent to DLG in diesel right?

@ Rayden

No Bhai, DLG is not under the XETA brand, so it does not have the same interiors ( Beige)...Engine Wise of course Petrol and Diesel are different but the Petrol Engine in the XETA is 1405 cc as compared with the Previous Indica of 1300 + - Some cc ..!

I also enquired that is it possible to have CNG installed in the Diesel Varients, But was told that its not possible as of now..!

TATA will give you the CNG kit in Indica XETA and Indigo Marina / Indigo..!

All XETA varients have the same engine, cosmetic difference account for models..!

Quote:

@ Direct

Don't know about the Advanced Timer- Since its going to be a TATA Kit...I'm sure that it will be advanced enough...Maybe thats what Lamda sensor is all about...!

The car has been booked, and will get it by Wednesday or Thursday, as I insisted on having a complete ready car, rather than take delivery and then give it back for CNG Formalities at the RTO.

Maruti Esteem does not come under a Small Car Category, However Much I would have liked a Maruti- I was really put of by Maruti Not Honouring Warranty after CNG installation, whearas TATA does..!

Second Hand car was an option, but since I was keen on the CNG..You never know what condition the engine is to bear the CNG load..! Even if its a good condition car- Risk overcame Pro's in this case...!

So for Rs.3.79 , I'm getting a New Advanced CNG Car with 36 Months of warranty- Translating into a Peace of Mind..!

Congrats on your purchase! Do keep us informed about your driving experiences with your CNG Xeta.

Even I saw the Tata Motors circular in which they had given the name of their authorised CNG kit dealer in Delhi. It's a very smart move on the part of Tata Motors to honour warranty on their cars even after CNG fitment. As it is, the Xeta pricing is very attractive. Now with this scheme, I'm sure we'll see a lot more Xetas on the road.

Thanks direct..!

Once I get her home..Will post pictures..and def write a review on the CNG based Indica..!

Yes, do post pics and tell us of your driving experience with and without CNG.

The earlier, the better, as I too want to go in for a CNG car.

@ Pioneer..I knw a Palio would have been a good option- But Its not practical as you don't get warranty on a new palio if you convert to CNG...! Plus 1.4 Indica is not so bad as compared with a 1.6 Palio..My lancer is 1496 cc..! So its not such a great performace increase worth the conversion...! If I had the option of choosing a second hand car in my earlier budget of 2.5 I would have chosen either a ZEN or Wagon R..Maybe a Palio...!

@ Rayden..I've been assured of a Wednesday or Thursday Delivery..So will tell you ASAP..!

Delayed Delivery due to Non - Availibilty of Silver Colour in XETA..Been assured of a delivery on 18 June. There was one car available but strange enough it has clocked 49 KM on the Meter and Showroom guy says it had come directly from the Gurgaon office as it had been offloaded there..But I insisted on having nothing more than 49 KM on the clock. Which will include its PDI and Registration to RTO..CNG Fittment and Re-Registration at RTO.
Just to advise you all- TATA has Authorised Bendini Kits for fittment into the XETA- I wonder why they opted out of Landi-renzo..! The Bendini Kit is Euro 3 complaint and comes with LAMDA Sensor-Adavanced Timer-12 KG Tank.

Has anybody on the forum come across a palio 1.6 or hyundai getz 1.3 on cng. Would either of these two cars be good options to put cng in?

I have always know Mahindra Renault Logan as an economical sedan. Now Mahindra Renault has launched a CNG Logan. I think it will be really economical car because the running cost will be really low. Talking of CNG cars I think CNG Logan can be really worth it.