Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2006, 19:23   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
BTW how much do the baleno brake pads cost including labour charges?
initially the front pads cost Rs 4798 or somewhere in that region but the spare parts prices came down and the last time i changed mine it costed me Rs 900 something for the front pads .......... i dont remember the labour charges.
Old 12th May 2006, 20:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringEngine
heehee... thats what I have been doing now. I pump it couple times before I fully apply the brakes :-)
but you are not using engine-braking then.
Old 12th May 2006, 22:41   #18
BHPian

even i used to find my baleno's brakes insufficient for its power.. until i started engine braking... its now become a habit (and a good one)... try and master this skill.. its very useful!!!
Old 16th May 2006, 15:54   #19
BHPian

Engine braking? U mean controlling the engine by shifting down the gears at the same time as u apply for the brakes?
Old 16th May 2006, 18:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Engine braking? U mean controlling the engine by shifting down the gears at the same time as u apply for the brakes?
what else? .

Last edited by revharder : 16th May 2006 at 18:08.
Old 16th May 2006, 18:35   #21
BHPian

Hi Dr. Chill,
I understand the price difference between the break pads are because the former ones were from Japan and the latter ones are from India. Now my Baleno is equipped with the Japanese brakes and touchwood, they perform like a miracle even after 26.5K on the Odo. I was just wondering if the Indian ones are as good? Did you have the Japanese pads fitted in before? Are the Indian ones as good?

Burjis
Old 17th May 2006, 12:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjiis
Hi Dr. Chill,
I understand the price difference between the break pads are because the former ones were from Japan and the latter ones are from India. Now my Baleno is equipped with the Japanese brakes and touchwood, they perform like a miracle even after 26.5K on the Odo. I was just wondering if the Indian ones are as good? Did you have the Japanese pads fitted in before? Are the Indian ones as good?

Burjis
The Japs manufactured ones will be always good and expensive compared to Indian ones. I think its worth buying good ones if it lasts longer and performs great. isn't it?
anyways, thanks for all the feedbacks and inputs on this issue. I really appreciate it. *thanks*
Old 21st May 2006, 16:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjiis
Hi Dr. Chill,

Burjis
Actually the MRP in the packet was Rs4ooo something but after i enquired about the price drop in the spare parts .they cross checked and gave me those ones at Rs900.so i got the imported ones for the local price ...since my car is a 2000 model i guess it came with the japanese ones from day one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks