Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2018, 12:10   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: The DRL Thread: Everything about daytime running lights

Subsequent to my DRLs above, I have a query to anybody with knowledge on this.

For Innova (Old, however, I believe most of circuitry is same for both old and new), does anybody know the tapping points with least length route for:
1. Ignition Switched ON (Engine Running), not just Key turned to Ignition ON position
2. Headlight common switched ON point (in either condition of Low or High)

Pls mind, I am not looking at splicing, T-tapping wires, but a direct endpoint.

It will be great help if somebody knows right at the fingertips and easily accessible. Otherwise, I have found the tapping at the various socket points under dash passenger side and at headlight socket.
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:01   #137
BHPian

I would like to put some standard horizontal DRLs in my VW Polo. Two queries:
1) Can the DRL's be fixed or will they cause some problem with ECU or whatever controls the electronics. Asking this because I read many posts talking of canbus incompatibility.

2) What DRLs should one buy and from where, I heard the Hella Universal DRLs are expensive but good.

Thank you.
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:28   #138
BHPian

@Lionell
May i suggest you look for the same on aliexpress. I have had pretty good experience so far and most of the goods have been of high quality and finishing at almost quarter the price.It reaches goa in about 20 days.

You can check out the below link for options:
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...rl+for+vw+polo
scorpian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 15:36   #139

Dear Bhpians, I have just bought a Creta 1.4 E+, got a basic question regarding the after market DRL installation, the accessories guy has directly fitted the DRLs to the ACC mode, i mean DRLs turn on without turning on the engine, What i would like to do is change the setting to 'DRLS should be on ONLY when the engine is ON' and if possible have a ON-OFF switch for the DRLs. thansk in advance for the reply. Will be posting an ownership thread soon.
Old 24th December 2019, 08:04   #140
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

A rather unusual appearance of a commercial vehicle in this thread - a decent integration of DRL in this old Tata 407
The DRL Thread: Everything about daytime running lights-screenshot_20191224075429.png
Old 24th December 2019, 18:38   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndy View Post
Dear Bhpians, I have just bought a Creta 1.4 E+, got a basic question regarding the after market DRL installation, the accessories guy has directly fitted the DRLs to the ACC mode, i mean DRLs turn on without turning on the engine, What i would like to do is change the setting to 'DRLS should be on ONLY when the engine is ON' and if possible have a ON-OFF switch for the DRLs. thansk in advance for the reply. Will be posting an ownership thread soon.
2 ways - either tap the IGN fuse instead of ACC fuse, or else get a DRL controller like this and run the drl off the battery (i use the same) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3281...chweb201603_53
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 01:29   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndy View Post
You could change your front parking lamp bulbs to LEDs and then tap the leads to make the DRLs work when you switch your parking lamps on. You can get wire taps that do not require you to cut any wires. Most accessory shops should be able to tap wires neatly for you. Parking lamp bulbs are usually W5W bulbs and you can get W5W LEDs consuming 0.5 W or 1W of maximum power. You should be able to safely power your DRLs from the same leads.
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 22:58   #143
BHPian

I am looking for good quality DRLs to install in my Ford Aspire. I have no problems in getting lesser known/unknown/Chinese branded DRLs if the quality of the product is good enough. I am not interested in buying the DRLs available under Ford official accessories because it is/was extremely overpriced (Rs. 12000).

Thanks in advance.
Old 30th October 2021, 09:58   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
2 ways - either tap the IGN fuse instead of ACC fuse, or else get a DRL controller like this and run the drl off the battery (i use the same) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3281...chweb201603_53
Will this : https://amzn.to/3vZPld6 work?
Currently I have my DRLs getting current from parking light cables, but wanted something automated and safe.
Can no longer order stuff from aliexpress so had to search for it on Indian ecom sites.
More expensive controllers are also available : https://amzn.to/3nHQItp

Which one should I order?

Thanks!
Old 31st October 2021, 01:19   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky03 View Post
Will this : https://amzn.to/3vZPld6 work?
Currently I have my DRLs getting current from parking light cables, but wanted something automated and safe.
Can no longer order stuff from aliexpress so had to search for it on Indian ecom sites.
More expensive controllers are also available : https://amzn.to/3nHQItp

Which one should I order?

Thanks!
Both the first one and the second one should work. I have the second variety installed in my car.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 14:26   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Both the first one and the second one should work. I have the second variety installed in my car.
Ordered the first one, attaching the circuit image for reference.

The DRL Thread: Everything about daytime running lights-1639126169991.jpeg

Will get it fixed once I figure out how it works.
Venky03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 17:21   #147
BHPian

Good evening everybody. Not sure if this issue is addressed earlier, my VW Taigun’s DRLs have started yellowing off late, compared them to my friends’ Taigun, Virtus and Kushaq - it’s definitely yellowed.

Any idea if this will be covered under warranty? I really don’t mind the warmer tone but it’s not symmetrical and I don’t want it to be a cause of some issue at a later date.

Attaching pictures of the lights. In later images the headlight is turned on and you can appreciate the contrast.

My Taigun is 16 months old and has run 46000km
The grey one belongs to a friend and is brand new.

The DRL Thread: Everything about daytime running lights-ef4a743d0ff14890994607732b662238.jpeg

The DRL Thread: Everything about daytime running lights-73aa40307bf94ce8a6ecaf4b140d5af6.jpeg

The DRL Thread: Everything about daytime running lights-101fb4193df043c98a71b6b8ab2fd802.jpeg

The DRL Thread: Everything about daytime running lights-0650b69ec3964fceae06d3e7624296b8.jpeg

The DRL Thread: Everything about daytime running lights-cdb4a37f26e04b88aad9e6ad9340e05d.jpeg
Old 12th June 2023, 17:55   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteon206 View Post
Good evening everybody. Not sure if this issue is addressed earlier, my VW Taigun’s DRLs have started yellowing off late, compared them to my friends’ Taigun, Virtus and Kushaq - it’s definitely yellowed.

Any idea if this will be covered under warranty? I really don’t mind the warmer tone but it’s not symmetrical and I don’t want it to be a cause of some issue at a later date.

Attaching pictures of the lights. In later images the headlight is turned on and you can appreciate the contrast.

My Taigun is 16 months old and has run 46000km
The grey one belongs to a friend and is brand new.
If the DRL design uses LED light guide or LED light pipe then this may not have UV protection coating applied.

Do you park the car outside in the sun or in a shade ?
bobbyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 18:43   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblr View Post
Do you park the car outside in the sun or in a shade ?
At home, the car is parked in shade or covered parking area. At the hospitals I visit, it’s a mix of covered and open areas, I would say 70% of morning hours in open areas - 4-5 hours a day for 4-5 days a week.
Old 13th June 2023, 10:48   #150
BHPian

I’ve given the car for service along with all these pictures and the video of the issue I have with the infotainment system. They said they’ll upload these for ward claim. I shall update what happens soon.
Moderators please consider merging this to the Taigun thread so that others owning the car can benefit too.

Most Viewed