Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Old 2nd August 2018, 12:10   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The DRL Thread: Everything about daytime running lights

Subsequent to my DRLs above, I have a query to anybody with knowledge on this.

For Innova (Old, however, I believe most of circuitry is same for both old and new), does anybody know the tapping points with least length route for:
1. Ignition Switched ON (Engine Running), not just Key turned to Ignition ON position
2. Headlight common switched ON point (in either condition of Low or High)

Pls mind, I am not looking at splicing, T-tapping wires, but a direct endpoint.

It will be great help if somebody knows right at the fingertips and easily accessible. Otherwise, I have found the tapping at the various socket points under dash passenger side and at headlight socket.
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:01   #137
BHPian

I would like to put some standard horizontal DRLs in my VW Polo. Two queries:
1) Can the DRL's be fixed or will they cause some problem with ECU or whatever controls the electronics. Asking this because I read many posts talking of canbus incompatibility.

2) What DRLs should one buy and from where, I heard the Hella Universal DRLs are expensive but good.

Thank you.
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:28   #138
BHPian

@Lionell
May i suggest you look for the same on aliexpress. I have had pretty good experience so far and most of the goods have been of high quality and finishing at almost quarter the price.It reaches goa in about 20 days.

You can check out the below link for options:
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...rl+for+vw+polo
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 15:36   #139

Dear Bhpians, I have just bought a Creta 1.4 E+, got a basic question regarding the after market DRL installation, the accessories guy has directly fitted the DRLs to the ACC mode, i mean DRLs turn on without turning on the engine, What i would like to do is change the setting to 'DRLS should be on ONLY when the engine is ON' and if possible have a ON-OFF switch for the DRLs. thansk in advance for the reply. Will be posting an ownership thread soon.
Old 24th December 2019, 08:04   #140
BHPian

Default Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

A rather unusual appearance of a commercial vehicle in this thread - a decent integration of DRL in this old Tata 407
The DRL Thread: Everything about daytime running lights-screenshot_20191224075429.png
Old 24th December 2019, 18:38   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndy View Post
Dear Bhpians, I have just bought a Creta 1.4 E+, got a basic question regarding the after market DRL installation, the accessories guy has directly fitted the DRLs to the ACC mode, i mean DRLs turn on without turning on the engine, What i would like to do is change the setting to 'DRLS should be on ONLY when the engine is ON' and if possible have a ON-OFF switch for the DRLs. thansk in advance for the reply. Will be posting an ownership thread soon.
2 ways - either tap the IGN fuse instead of ACC fuse, or else get a DRL controller like this and run the drl off the battery (i use the same) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3281...chweb201603_53
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 01:29   #142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndy View Post
You could change your front parking lamp bulbs to LEDs and then tap the leads to make the DRLs work when you switch your parking lamps on. You can get wire taps that do not require you to cut any wires. Most accessory shops should be able to tap wires neatly for you. Parking lamp bulbs are usually W5W bulbs and you can get W5W LEDs consuming 0.5 W or 1W of maximum power. You should be able to safely power your DRLs from the same leads.
SCORPION is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed