Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2006, 22:38   #16
BHPian

hey team!! thanks a lot for all the suggestions..

I wont be around this weekend.. but getting this check up done will be top of the list mid of next week.. EMC i have noted ur suggestion, will ask if the float could have gone wrong.. also i never been at the Bosch / castrol stations.. Apart from hondas i will check out with them. i mean take their opinion. too..

I will keep u guys posted on this in end of next week

Plus iam planning the get my spark plugs checked .. possible change them to irridium (seen the thread here on irridium sparkplugs )
Old 12th May 2006, 02:58   #17
BHPian

Hey four tire. So it seems u also have the issue with the vtec jerking at low speeds. I heard honda did a recalibration of the ecm to get rid of this issue. Maybe you didnt get one.

And how bout a piggyback chip, another member "iraghava" has one in his ohc vtec. Have tried the car personally.. n it had a better low end than other vtecs.

Cheers.
Old 12th May 2006, 06:37   #18
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire
'Surprise' thanks for the advice on how to check the average FC ..

I only use the REVERSE GEAR when removing it from my garage in my house.. that means a 20 ft maximum.. But to So by this time the needle would have dropped down significantly around 3 points

I only operate the brake / clutch pedal which reversing the car...

AJMAT: I only use the reverse gear normally to either park the car or remove from parking.. the total time used here will be 15 seconds .. worst 45 seconds .. Since the parking inside my garage is only 20 ft and now bends or curves ..
One more idea clicked in my mind,does it has anything to do with reverse light in your car if you have an electroic gauge?Think on this too coz if there is something wrong in the wiring of reverse light it may have something to do with the fuel indicator,can't suggest much but try atleast disconnecting reverse lights connections for a test and see if something clicks.Good luck.
Old 12th May 2006, 10:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
One more idea clicked in my mind,does it has anything to do with reverse light in your car if you have an electroic gauge?Think on this too coz if there is something wrong in the wiring of reverse light it may have something to do with the fuel indicator,can't suggest much but try atleast disconnecting reverse lights connections for a test and see if something clicks.Good luck.

Okay! But could not understand what could go wrong on the reverse light in terms of connections.. did u mean the left & right side connections interchanged??

I dont know yet .. but i will make it point to ask the service guy look into this also..

anyway thanks ECM
Old 12th May 2006, 10:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled
Hey four tire. So it seems u also have the issue with the vtec jerking at low speeds. I heard honda did a recalibration of the ecm to get rid of this issue. Maybe you didnt get one.

And how bout a piggyback chip, another member "iraghava" has one in his ohc vtec. Have tried the car personally.. n it had a better low end than other vtecs.

Cheers.
It was all the worth joining in here! Otherwise I would have ended dumb in near future with an unhealthy car with me..

I will get the ECM EGR tests and calibrations done this time.. all the required tuning.. Thanks Fuelled ..
Old 12th May 2006, 10:45   #21
BHPian

fuel meter has 2 mechanism very much like the overflow tank ball that we have in our overhead tanks. whenever there is a change in the direction, braking or acceleration the fuel moves around in the tank. this sometimes lowers the fuel gauge ball and sometimes does the opposite.

this is the reason why we see a change in the fuel gauge whenever the car is not goin at a smooth pace. hope this helps!

Most Viewed