Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2013, 08:09   #1
BHPian

VW Polo & Vento : Front Seats Recall?

I have heard that VW is replacing under structure of front seats of all Polos and Ventos built prior to Dec 2010.

It is said that there is some defect that is leading to rusting of rails and supports.

VW Thane is doing it.

Is it true?

mods: I have started this as new topic since it deals with both Polos and Ventos. If not appropriate please merge with appropriate thread.
CANPUSH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 12:43   #2
BHPian

re: VW Polo & Vento : Front Seats Recall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I have heard that VW is replacing under structure of front seats of all Polos and Ventos built prior to Dec 2010.

It is said that there is some defect that is leading to rusting of rails and supports.

VW Thane is doing it.

Is it true?

mods: I have started this as new topic since it deals with both Polos and Ventos. If not appropriate please merge with appropriate thread.

Canpush, I'd checked with VW on this when I went in yesterday and they said that it is being done but only for certain batches, and that too on the Vento only.

Did you check with your service guys? What did they have to say about it?
joey645 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 22:26   #3
BHPian

Re: VW Polo & Vento : Front Seats Recall?

Is there any written communication in regards to this? Armed with a hard copy, we can then head to the dealer of our choice and get this replaced for free.

A good move by VW. Even though a small component but, a good way to win customer support and trust.

-Shivang Gandotra
Old 13th February 2013, 08:30   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Is there any written communication in regards to this? Armed with a hard copy, we can then head to the dealer of our choice and get this replaced for free.

A good move by VW. Even though a small component but, a good way to win customer support and trust.

-Shivang Gandotra
Nothing written as yet. But I will check with local dealer today. However, as suggested by joey645 it must be only for few batches of Vento and possibly Polo.
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 08:46   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

You guys need to visit the VW Vento/Polo threads more frequently There is an ongoing VW seat assembly and (additional protection for) steering column campaign being discussed since several weeks; and several owners' cars have undergone the same.

PFA a few posts here, here and here (this post by @el lobo 61 gives you complete details of the campaign numbers and details). You'll find similar more detailed experiences in different Vento ownership threads too.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 13th February 2013 at 08:48.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 10:18   #6
Team-BHP Support

This explains the pile of seat frames I saw in October

VW Polo & Vento : Front Seats Recall?-imag0405.jpg
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 15:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
Nothing written as yet. But I will check with local dealer today. However, as suggested by joey645 it must be only for few batches of Vento and possibly Polo.
Just got to know from a colleague, who had gone to get his Vento TDi serviced and was informed about this issue. However, they didn't quote the exact reason. Instead, what he was told that the existing seats are weak and VW is replacing them with better and stronger ones.

So, people who are reading this, should definitely start calling up their SAs in regards to getting this fixed.

Dealer - KSM Motors, Navi Mumbai
Date - Circa early January

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 13th February 2013 at 15:43.
Old 13th February 2013, 16:28   #8
BHPian

I was told the same. The reason quoted was possible rusting. I did not bother to change it. If anyone has better reason, please do share it.
Old 13th February 2013, 17:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Just got to know from a colleague, who had gone to get his Vento TDi serviced and was informed about this issue. However, they didn't quote the exact reason. Instead, what he was told that the existing seats are weak and VW is replacing them with better and stronger ones.

So, people who are reading this, should definitely start calling up their SAs in regards to getting this fixed.

Dealer - KSM Motors, Navi Mumbai
Date - Circa early January

-Shivang Gandotra
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
I was told the same. The reason quoted was possible rusting. I did not bother to change it. If anyone has better reason, please do share it.
I did checked with my Service station. Yes they are changing it if they find trace of rust an the metal work. I was told not to rush, they will inspect and do it if necessary at the time of next scheduled service this year.
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks