Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2006, 11:20   #1
ECM
BHPian

Premonsoon maintance

Here u can save Rs.10000 to 1Lac depending upon car u use.
Do 2 things below before rain hits your area.
*Check boots(rubber cover on axles) of axles,if wired out,change them.Bad boot results in a permenant damage of your axles when it comes in contact with water and cost is huge when u replace it.
*Check and change every 2 hrs suspension kit(rubber packings in simple language)which will extend the life of your suspension.This kit has no relation on how much u drive but has a direct relation on what road u drive.If one is not using his car much and his car remains in garage most of time but still rubber will become harder as time goes by .
Hope this helps,thx.
Old 13th May 2006, 12:40   #2
BHPian

Here My Checklist for the Monsoons

1) Check for any rusting or any dents which have paint scrapped out, Advisable to have them touched up so as to prevent rusting.

2) All electricals need to be checked and insulated with electrical tape at any joint. Ensure that your Battery Water is topped, All head-lamps,Indicators,Halogens and Brake lights are working, If you see that any light is weaker than the other replace the Bulbs. AC-Engine Fan Blades need to be checked for working and play.

3) Advisable to get the lubrication done of all doors,windows,antenna,key holes and change brake fluid and engine oil..perform a basic service ( Brake Oil has to be changed over a period of time as it has a tendency to absorb water, Advisable to do before the Monsoons so as you don't open the case in moisture laden times)

4) Along with Brake Oil it is advisiable to check the condition of the Brake Pads and Disc Blades- If they are nearing time-Change ASAP and get the disc polished ( Be careful, as the polishing has to be done to a level, if you scrape more than needed, the blade will become useless) Never take a risk with your brake in the wet season, It may cost you or Save you...!

5) Ensure that all tyres are in good condition-You can do a 50p Coin check or a naked eye is also fine...If you are not investing in new tyres now, At least look for any damages,cracks, replace a heavily patched tube.

6)Wiper blades should be replaced only after the summers and just before the rain starts,as the summer heat will render the new wiper rubber usless and make it noisy. Ensure that the Water Pump as water-soap fluid and is throwing water at the right place with right power.

7) Get all engine belts tightined-check for wear and tear-replace only if neccessary. Get all nuts and bolts in the undercarriage tightned and go for tourquing. Greasing of Wheels joint and Shafts will be helpful.

8) Get your car polished once in two weeks during the monsoons, so as to keep water at bay.

regards
Old 13th May 2006, 15:28   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
Here My Checklist for the Monsoons

8) Get your car polished once in two weeks during the monsoons, so as to keep water at bay.

regards
I think that's a bit of overkill. Polishes are usually recommended at 3 month intervals.
Old 13th May 2006, 15:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check and change every 2 hrs suspension kit
What does hrs mean?? I'm sure its not hours.
Old 13th May 2006, 18:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I think that's a bit of overkill. Polishes are usually recommended at 3 month intervals.
Oops Forgot to add the words " with water repellent polish or spray"

I think ECM meant 2 years...!
Old 14th May 2006, 01:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey wolf bro

That compleets my list as well. Unfortunately i have changed the wiper blades last month . so i think the rubber must have gone bad by now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks