Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2013, 17:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Solved! Fiat Linea Front Suspension Noise

thank you for the reply. i think i will be able to resolve the sound issue in the suspension.
Old 1st August 2013, 21:17   #17
BHPian

Guys would really like to know if the Punto and Linea 1.3 share the same suspension setup? If not what is the difference between both?

Can we fit Linea suspensions to Punt and vice-versa?
Old 3rd August 2013, 12:57   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me@fiat View Post
Guys would really like to know if the Punto and Linea 1.3 share the same suspension setup? If not what is the difference between both?

Can we fit Linea suspensions to Punt and vice-versa?
I hope the part numbers are different between Punto & Linea.
But technically the Front suspension setup can be same for Punto & Linea, but rear should be different (considering the weight difference)
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
I hope the part numbers are different between Punto & Linea.
But technically the Front suspension setup can be same for Punto & Linea, but rear should be different (considering the weight difference)
Thanks Mr. Boss,

I tried to find this out one of the FASS said both are same just the mountings are different. Where as other two said they are not sure about it. as they never tried to do it. So as of now it's still unanswered Q for me.
Old 3rd August 2013, 23:28   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me@fiat View Post
FASS said both are same just the mountings are different. Where as other two said they are not sure about it. as they never tried to do it. So as of now it's still unanswered Q for me.
Mountings are exactly same for Punto & Linea
Old 4th August 2013, 12:25   #21
BHPian

so, i think both the setups are same. Just the parts number are diff and we can switch Linea <---> Punto suspensions!!!
Old 30th December 2013, 18:30   #22
BHPian

I am also getting some noise on my T-Jet. I cannot make it if it is from suspense or steering column or whether it is LHS or RHS. The sound is similar to when a heavy person sits slowly on an old charpai or chair, u get a kind of tak-tak-kad-kad-kad kinda sound. I get that sound while engine braking or when the car goes over potholes at dead slow speeds, the more careful I am on pothole the more prominent the noise is. I never get that sound while sudden braking.

I am yet to give the car to Vecto motors, but during the last service they could not diagnose the issue neither they could reproduce the sound.

Any guesses where the sound is coming from?

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 30th December 2013 at 18:32.
Old 31st December 2013, 11:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I am also getting some noise on my T-Jet. I cannot make it if it is from suspense or steering column or whether it is LHS or RHS. The sound is similar to when a heavy person sits slowly on an old charpai or chair, u get a kind of tak-tak-kad-kad-kad kinda sound. I get that sound while engine braking or when the car goes over potholes at dead slow speeds, the more careful I am on pothole the more prominent the noise is. I never get that sound while sudden braking.

I am yet to give the car to Vecto motors, but during the last service they could not diagnose the issue neither they could reproduce the sound.

Any guesses where the sound is coming from?
Friend, I am also having this sound in my Linea but this sound is from the LHS front window glass. I dont know why this happens but the sound is there from the window glass when the vehicle tilts when it goes through uneven surface or through a pot hole. The suspension noise is little different from this, that happens only when we jump a pot hole. Just don't slide the window fully and check if there is sound for testing it. This is how I isolated the issue.
Old 31st December 2013, 14:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
Friend, I am also having this sound in my Linea but this sound is from the LHS front window glass. I dont know why this happens but the sound is there from the window glass when the vehicle tilts when it goes through uneven surface or through a pot hole. The suspension noise is little different from this, that happens only when we jump a pot hole. Just don't slide the window fully and check if there is sound for testing it. This is how I isolated the issue.
Thanks for info and it is really weird. So do u hear the sound once the window is down? Sometimes I feel that the sound comes from somewhere inside the dashboard. But yeah, need to perform the test you have suggested.
Old 7th January 2014, 01:51   #25
BHPian

I don't hear the sound when the glass is rolled down. I hope you will be able to isolate this issue.
Old 7th January 2014, 22:32   #26
BHPian

I don't know whether there is any possibility of your problem of noise being similar to mine, nevertheless I will just bring out my experience. I had a similar problem in my T-Jet and I was not able to identify the exact problem. The noise would be from front or rear or left or right, but mostly from rear. I suspected suspension problem and thought of difficult time ahead as some people have had in many cases. I requested Fiat service to pick up my car and analyse it carefully on a lonely stretch of road where there was no other noise.

After two hours the SA called up and said there was no problem with the car and noise was all because of the rubber mud flap rubbing against the ground. I asked him to replace the rubber mud flap with the moulded mud flap and then do a longish test drive on potholed roads and confirm the problem was resolved. After he confirmed, I collected the car and it's been two months and no problem at all.
Old 10th December 2019, 18:12   #27
BHPian

Bumping the thread after many years. I have the same noise as vahanpujari. It sounds like a rusty spring that expanding from a compressed position. It's always heard in the morning especially over a speed breaker and disappears after the first run. Fass wants to change the balance bar and link rods. But this sounds like it's from the strut area on the right side. Please help
Old 10th December 2019, 22:53   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arununo View Post
Bumping the thread after many years. I have the same noise as vahanpujari. It sounds like a rusty spring that expanding from a compressed position. It's always heard in the morning especially over a speed breaker and disappears after the first run. Fass wants to change the balance bar and link rods. But this sounds like it's from the strut area on the right side. Please help
Creek sound could be because of Anti Roll bar bushes as well.
Easy diagnosis: Remove one end of the link rod and drive over the same bump. If noise remains, something else is the culprit.
Old 10th December 2019, 22:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Creek sound could be because of Anti Roll bar bushes as well.
Easy diagnosis: Remove one end of the link rod and drive over the same bump. If noise remains, something else is the culprit.
Thanks for the valuable information

I will try this at the service station in a couple of days
Old 29th October 2023, 17:55   #30
BHPian

Got a bunch of work done on my 2015 TJet from CarMenders in Panvel. Managed to not only get mount pads, and swing arm repairs done, but also various niggles and buzzing sounds. Tried to stuff some tissue paper in several 0lastic gaps on the dashboard plus (this one evaded me for years!) The place where the door pocket meets the bigger door trim. The car has zero buzzing sounds and feel like years younger. Viola!
Kameshwar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks