Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 07:29   #151
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
I drive a 2011 VW Polo TDI, wanted to know if the Polo is OBD-ll compliant and if one of these adapters would work?
Since the car is manufactured in 2011, it will be OBD II compliant. Does your car have a 16 pin connector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Another query I have is whether this Torque PRO app is only for android? And are there any Apps for my PC (a laptop!) as well? Gurus please help!
This Torque PRO app works on all - Android mobiles, laptops. You just need a Bluetooth connection for the reader to transmit data. If you buy a cable one also it will work. There is a CD provided which gives out guidelines for installation for various platforms.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 25th June 2013, 10:41   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch

Slightly off topic on this thread as i couldn't find apt one -

There is an app for tyre health tips and location finders by CEAT. Just read this news today - News Link Here. Nothing great but has got few novice tips and articles worth reading it once.
Old 18th April 2014, 23:05   #153

Hey guys can the OBD2 ELM327 be kept connected permanently in the car..and one more thing, in i20 the OBD port is in the fuse box right to the steering covered by a plastic panel. If i connect elm327 how do i close the plastic panel???
Old 21st April 2014, 22:34   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drayan_idc View Post
Hey guys can the OBD2 ELM327 be kept connected permanently in the car..and one more thing, in i20 the OBD port is in the fuse box right to the steering covered by a plastic panel. If i connect elm327 how do i close the plastic panel???
No issue if the ODD reader is plugged in and left that way but do remember to use the car regularly.

You have two options:

1) plug it and leave the plastic cover open.

2) plug in only when needed.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 15:20   #155
Senior - BHPian

Had a ELM327 to play with the Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 tdci and with fun2drive, got the following readings.

The various legs of the journeys from top left to right:

Top row: (1) Hosur to Thoppur toll gate; (2),(3) Thoppur ghat descend.

Bottom row:(1) BETL from EC 1 to Silk board @ 80 kmph, (2) is from Silk board to Forum mall in evening traffic.

Comments awaited!
Attached Thumbnails
fun2drive - Free Performance & Diagnostic App from Bosch-20140614_053436.jpg  

Old 11th May 2016, 12:55   #156
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Any idea which port the 2005 Safari 3.0 Dicor has? My guess is that it has OBD-I.. Or is it OBD-II?
Old 6th September 2016, 14:55   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Had a ELM327 to play with the Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 tdci and with fun2drive, got the following readings.

The various legs of the journeys from top left to right:

Top row: (1) Hosur to Thoppur toll gate; (2),(3) Thoppur ghat descend.

Bottom row:(1) BETL from EC 1 to Silk board @ 80 kmph, (2) is from Silk board to Forum mall in evening traffic.

Comments awaited!
I tried the fun2drive app with an ELM527 OBD reader but it didn't work. This setup works just fine with my Torque Pro app though. Would it be a problem havin both Torque and fun2Drive installed on the same mobile phone?

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 6th September 2016, 18:15   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Would it be a problem havin both Torque and fun2Drive installed on the same mobile phone?
Don't think so. For the peace of mind, just kill one app and try another one. By "kill" I mean terminate form running apps list.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 19:28   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I tried the fun2drive app with an ELM527 OBD reader but it didn't work. This setup works just fine with my Torque Pro app though. Would it be a problem havin both Torque and fun2Drive installed on the same mobile phone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Don't think so. For the peace of mind, just kill one app and try another one. By "kill" I mean terminate form running apps list.
The way the Bluetooth profile used by ELM317 is, it is "visible" to only one app or one OS running instance at a time. I have tried and tested this a few times. For example, if your Torque Pro is already connected to the ELM327, then for fun2drive or any other app, the ELM327 is not even visible. You can't connect to it again with another app. This may explain why you could not get fun2drive to work. If you quit Torque Pro completely, and then open fun2drive, it might work.

It is not a problem to use both apps together in the sense that it will not cause any harm. Just that the first app that connects to ELM327 will work fine and the second one will not.
Dr.AD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 13:44   #160
BHPian

Hello !

I use an app called "Torque" and it is working fine.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.prowl.torque

Tried Fun2Drive, but am not able to add more than one car profiles to this. Also after first configurations, I wanted to make some changes in the settings, but not ale to find that button ! Is it something to do with my phone ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks