Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2007, 12:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, AH (Ampere -hour) is a capacity value like litres,kgs.
So, extra life ,im guessing.
I maybe wrong though!
Old 10th July 2007, 13:09   #77
BHPian

The OEm Exide in my Santro is going good at 43 (obviously months)

Touch wood !!
Old 10th July 2007, 14:41   #78
yuv
BHPian

congrats manikjeet!

2800/- is sweet.... wonder if I can get that price anywhere in Mumbai?
Can someone point me to reasonable dealer? Thanks

Btw the 36 months warranty is usually 18+18 ie. 18 months replacement and 18 months pro-rata.... unless you got urself a better deal?

Cheers!

Yuv
Old 10th July 2007, 16:59   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
congrats on your new battery, let it serve you for a decade.
thanks budddy for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
congrats manikjeet!

2800/- is sweet.... wonder if I can get that price anywhere in Mumbai?
Can someone point me to reasonable dealer? Thanks

Btw the 36 months warranty is usually 18+18 ie. 18 months replacement and 18 months pro-rata.... unless you got urself a better deal?

Cheers!

Yuv

yeap i got a good deal and hope you get a similar deal i think prices are the same in all the cities

and was getting a 55a battery for around 3600 buck

i think you are rite at the warranty stuff will check with the dealer to make sure

BTW my car was purchased on 28 September 2002 and today is 09 july 2007

my original battery lasted me almost 5 years

Last edited by manikjeet : 10th July 2007 at 17:01.
Old 11th July 2007, 09:07   #80
BHPian

Has anybody tried the new battery from Tata, which is called Tata Green??

They have a whole range of batteries for Trucks, cars and two wheelers and it seems that the price is cheaper compared to other manufacturers.

Got one installed on my activa yesterday, it comes with a 15 month warranty while other manufactures like Exide, SF and Amco Yuasa(these are the only manufacturers of 2 wheeler battery) comes with only 12 months warranty and cost wise it is cheaper compared to others.
Old 12th July 2007, 22:36   #81
yuv
BHPian

Tata Green sounds interesting. How much would a 35A or 38A cost?

Im still looking for an amaron for 2800/- like the one Manikjeet got but no luck so far.

Last quote by my dealer is 3k.

Unless someone can point me to a good dealer in Mumbai?
Thanks,
Yuvi
ps: Manik - Is your battery a 32A or 35A, thanks alot.
Old 6th October 2007, 21:43   #82
BHPian

Last i got a quote of 5,000 for Amaron 44
I m going in for Bosch for the same lets try the german tech
Old 20th October 2007, 12:56   #83
BHPian

im in search of a battery.plz help

my car (zen) loaded with heavy ICE,100/90 bulbs,50watt fog lamps . can i change to higher capacity battery from 35amp to 38amp etc, do i require changing the alternator also in case of higher capacity ?? please help in choosing the battery amaron(Rs3700) 35amp or exide , sonic(Rs3000) ? the light in battery indicating RED and due for immediate change, plz help guys.

Old 23rd October 2007, 16:41   #84
Senior - BHPian

My stock Exide gave up today (its ran for exactly 2 years, I was not expecting it to die so soon!!) and need to get it replaced, I was just looking at this thread and understand that Amron shoud be a good idea.
I'm not using any heavy ICE, the GreenTrack guy told me that Exide will cost about 6+K and Amron would be less by about 4-500 Rs...
He told me that the prices are raised since last month or so!!! is this true!

where can I find a good deal for Amron (which model for Palio-D !!) in Bangalore!!
I'd appreciate a quick response before I call the greentrack guy and ask him to replace the one...
Thanks.

Last edited by Ketan : 23rd October 2007 at 16:56.
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:51   #85
BHPian

Hi Ferro
Why dont u give ac delco too a thought as its suppose to be 1 of the best brands available in the market though not marketed too well in India.
ACDelco - Automotive Parts and Service Centers
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
My stock Exide gave up today (its ran for exactly 2 years, I was not expecting it to die so soon!!) and need to get it replaced, I was just looking at this thread and understand that Amron shoud be a good idea.
I'm not using any heavy ICE, the GreenTrack guy told me that Exide will cost about 6+K and Amron would be less by about 4-500 Rs...
He told me that the prices are raised since last month or so!!! is this true!
Can I get my battery bench charged or something!! I do not see any indication on the instrumnet panel showing problem with the batteries though!! wondering whether its really died or its because my car was parked for about 15 days (asked my friend to run it once in a week though and he reported the problem with the battery in my absence)...

I'd started experiancing this problem after I got the Autocop installed, I have the engine immobilizer activated - I'm also going to ask GreenTrack guy to find out if the security system is the bottleneck and drained my battery dead..!!
Old 16th January 2009, 14:38   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Green Batteries

Guys,

Need some inputs from you all. My dad has a Palio 1.6 GTX with a Standard Furukawa battery thats on its last legs. It's a 1 year old battery which was the replacement for a unit that failed within the 24 month (replacement) warranty period. It ran flat last week and I charged it using a Battery Tender. It retained the charge but the electrolyte is turning black which is probably a sign of plate shedding. Dad's understandably not too keen on a SF battery this time. Battery size is DIN50 or DIN55.

Have been enquiring around with the standard brands like Amaron and Exide but met with this dealer who claims Tata Green is better than all and has an expected life of 100,000 KMs...which should theoretically translate into 6-10 years of service depending on your mileage/year. Quite unbelievable IMHO.

Has anybody here experienced life with a tata green battery?

Cheers!

R2D2

Note from Team-BHP Support: Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th January 2009 at 15:03. Reason: search please
Old 16th January 2009, 23:52   #88
BHPian

I'm a little confused. you guys are talking about 35, 38 and 40 Amp batteries?

I'm used to talking about batteries in CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) and most batteries are in the 550+ range!. These are 12V lead acid batteries you're talking about right?

@ Manikjeet: Your engine sounds better? Dude that makes no sense at all!
Placebo effect at its best?
Old 17th January 2009, 11:12   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 View Post
I'm a little confused. you guys are talking about 35, 38 and 40 Amp batteries?

I'm used to talking about batteries in CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) and most batteries are in the 550+ range!. These are 12V lead acid batteries you're talking about right?
Yes these are 12V LABs (Lead Acid Batteries). THe DIN 50 or DIN55 are 50Ah or 55Ah batteries respectively.

Most battery sizes in India are based on classifications by DIN (German) or JIS (Jap) sizing specs. In the US it is the BCI sizes that are prevalent. Though CCA and RC specs are mentioned by some manufacturers, most do not. Dunno why, but possibly because CCA in a hot tropical country like India is a moot point. Of course as you may be aware, places in Northern India are known to get close to or below freezing especially up in the Himalayas.

Cheers!

R2D2
Old 17th January 2009, 12:23   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Yes these are 12V LABs (Lead Acid Batteries). THe DIN 50 or DIN55 are 50Ah or 55Ah batteries respectively.

Most battery sizes in India are based on classifications by DIN (German) or JIS (Jap) sizing specs. In the US it is the BCI sizes that are prevalent. Though CCA and RC specs are mentioned by some manufacturers, most do not. Dunno why, but possibly because CCA in a hot tropical country like India is a moot point. Of course as you may be aware, places in Northern India are known to get close to or below freezing especially up in the Himalayas.

Cheers!

R2D2
Great, so its the Amp Hour rating. Now it makes perfect sense. Thanks!
Wow I didnt even know that all these standards existed (BCI, RC, DIN, JIS). You learn something everyday!

Most Viewed