Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2013, 22:26   #31
BHPian

Re: 1 month old VW Jetta & Burning smell : Dealer says pay up for a new clutch!

By any chance did you use the car for towing another vehicle? Just a doubt, I had a friend who used his FWD car to pull his Amby out of the basement garage as it was not moving and had to be hauled up to push start it. We had a bit of smoke and burning smell after we got the amby out from the donor car. Just a week after he did that the donor car had problems with clutch and the Service people told us the clutch is cooked.

He then had to replace it and he knew why. This car had done less than 5k kms and was about 4months old then.

Maybe your car was used to tow any vehicle even before it was delivered to you. Just a probability.

Anyways all the best :-)
Old 9th July 2013, 12:38   #32
BHPian

Re: 1 month old VW Jetta & Burning smell : Dealer says pay up for a new clutch!

Hi Amit,

Can you let us know if your JETTA is pre-budget model(2012) ?

Recently one of my colleagues bought a Laura (Mahavir Auto Hyd) at a jaw dropping price only to discover that the car had a faulty radiator within 26 days of purchase, And your clutch burn at 700kms is impossible by any means. I would like to believe the VW group might be selling away few cars with faults as the discounted models. I may be totally wrong about this concept but the Laura issue mentioned above strongly made me feel so.

As usual the Skoda response was “We are sorry sir, we will have to place an order for a new one which may take about a month’s time”.

I am about to book Jetta in a month’s time at PPS motors itself, I have not read many threads about the VIN de-coding but I believe there is not a single way where we can know the faulty issue with the car. Now looking at your issue I feel I should move aback on opting for the 2012 Jetta models( Hardly 4 or 5 pieces left).

I hope that shall be the last of your VW nightmares. Can image the feeling. And yes like the others said the labor bill of about 5000! – Day Light Robbery. I think you should go ahead with your idea of legal measure.
Old 16th July 2013, 13:22   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Hi Amit,

Can you let us know if your JETTA is pre-budget model(2012) ?

Recently one of my colleagues bought a Laura (Mahavir Auto Hyd) at a jaw dropping price only to discover that the car had a faulty radiator within 26 days of purchase, And your clutch burn at 700kms is impossible by any means. I would like to believe the VW group might be selling away few cars with faults as the discounted models. I may be totally wrong about this concept but the Laura issue mentioned above strongly made me feel so.

As usual the Skoda response was “We are sorry sir, we will have to place an order for a new one which may take about a month’s time”.

I am about to book Jetta in a month’s time at PPS motors itself, I have not read many threads about the VIN de-coding but I believe there is not a single way where we can know the faulty issue with the car. Now looking at your issue I feel I should move aback on opting for the 2012 Jetta models( Hardly 4 or 5 pieces left).

I hope that shall be the last of your VW nightmares. Can image the feeling. And yes like the others said the labor bill of about 5000! – Day Light Robbery. I think you should go ahead with your idea of legal measure.
Amar,
Apologies for the delayed reply. I am traveling overseas...
To your question....my Jetta is indeed a 2012 model!!
If your hypothesis is True...it could be another reference point while dealing with VW.
As far as PPS goes, take my word, be extra diligent with everything. I was sold the vehicle saying there was no foreclosure on the finance from VW financial, but on the day of delivery while papers had to be signed, the contrary was true. I was extremely frustrated but didn't want to turn back after doing a lot of work on negotiating, completing documentation etc., And you know about my post delivery experience :-)

The vehicle is fine as of now, no more nightmares thankfully. Just hope it stays that way.
Old 20th July 2013, 21:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilD View Post

Amar,
Apologies for the delayed reply. I am traveling overseas...
To your question....my Jetta is indeed a 2012 model!!
If your hypothesis is True...it could be another reference point while dealing with VW.
As far as PPS goes, take my word, be extra diligent with everything. I was sold the vehicle saying there was no foreclosure on the finance from VW financial, but on the day of delivery while papers had to be signed, the contrary was true. I was extremely frustrated but didn't want to turn back after doing a lot of work on negotiating, completing documentation etc., And you know about my post delivery experience :-)

The vehicle is fine as of now, no more nightmares thankfully. Just hope it stays that way.
That's good to hear, hope you don't face anymore probably with her. And yes I just could not digest I heavy discounts being offered only by the VW group, no other manufacturer is giving on on such huge amounts.

Speaking of dealers the ModyGroup at himayatnagar seem legit, but then dealing with VW we may never know. I hope you don't face any other issues going ahead

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks