Team-BHP - Fiesta Central Locking problem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Fiesta Central Locking problem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/13467-fiesta-central-locking-problem.html)

I have a Fiesta Petrol 1.4 got the MINDA central locking from a car accessory vendor in Pitam Pura, New Delhi. The problem I am facing is that the time i lock car the car beeps ten times after closing all doors!!

I asked the minda guy who was installing it he told me if u lock ur car with the light switched on it will give this sound as all the circuits are on and after 30 seconds when the light switches off automatically then u do it .. it will lock fine without the 10 beep sounds.

I was frustrated and thought its a problem with ford or something .. but i realized other fiesta's not having this issue.. Actually this beep sound signifies though the car is closed but there was some error. I feel it can be fixed may be he didnt plugged the right wires...

please: Any help would be really appreciated!

I hate to say this, but - read the instruction manual!

It could be anything from lights left on, to a half open bonnet, to low remote battery, etc etc

Each message should be listed with the number of beeps in the manual.

cya
R

KDB ... these vendors never explain ALL the features on the locking system. If you did get the manual go thru it and you will there are many things u didn't know. Most of the features can be put on and off so this 10 beep thingie shouldn't be much to worry bout.

cheers
aZa

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa
KDB ... these vendors never explain ALL the features on the locking system. If you did get the manual go thru it and you will there are many things u didn't know. Most of the features can be put on and off so this 10 beep thingie shouldn't be much to worry bout.

cheers
aZa

agree: Cause they do not know it very well themselves. LOL

Well as suggested I would also recomend to go through the manual.

Happy Driving.

Thanks aZa and Rehan!!

I called up Minda (plant) in Noida today and got to know that they provide customer service there. The guy who was the engineer over there told me to bring my car to the Sec 59 office and so that they can check it. I went there at Lunch and i didnt expected i will get such a nice service, 4 engineers with their boss were checking my car and they told me that the fiesta has this 30 sec delay problem that makes sound if u try to lock the doors before that. so they said they have configured their latest locking model (LX) and feeded this delay into it so that it gets locked normally.

They replaced the whole system of central locking and gave me the new keys .. also told me how to lock and unlock the car silently .. that too within an hour. he also gave me his cell number so that if i face any issue with the locking i can call him.. To my surprise this was the best i could have expected from Minda. man FORT KNOX Rocks!! .. It works gr8 now!!
:Cheering:

Thanks for the support everybody.