Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2006, 14:06   #1
BHPian

wobbling after changing punctured tire

Hi

I had my stepney put in place of the Right Front Tyre today because of a puncture..

After the replacement....The car felt wobbly at speeds above 60 kmph while driving...

I had the rim checked again, checked the tyre pressure - 30 psi..Everything looked OK.

At speeds below 60 kmph the car drives smoothly, but at speeds above that even on Straight roads , it feels wobbly - I feel the wobble in the steering wheel & the brakes & accelerator...

I had my Wheel alignment & balancing done 1500kms back.

Should I go for the balancing & alignment again ? or any other thing ?
Old 18th May 2006, 15:14   #2
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Yep i dont think ur stepney is balanced ... since ur alignment and balancing was with the "punctured" tyre i think u shud go in for balancing and alignment or just get ur punctured tyre repaired and fit it back in place and keep the stepney as a stepney.
Old 19th May 2006, 03:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

agree with aza, go in for a tyre balancing + alignment. i was in a similar situation, got the tyre REFITTED (good mechanic) + alignment + balancing... and yoppy, it was gone. most probably its poor/wrong fitment of the tyre to the rim that causes this problem.
Old 19th May 2006, 18:43   #4
BHPian

just check ur tyre wall to see if the circular line closest to the rim is having a 2 to 5 mm distance. should be even both sides. if NOT then thats ur problem get it aligned even our anna tyrewala will do that for u.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks