Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2006, 21:26   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Hi finetuning, I have a question if each of these mods could add up to give you good power and milage, couldnt there be other ways to get it too... You have at multiple occasions tried getting better milage out of your vehicle and have tried every possible aspect however, I have a few questions:

1) Acetone tends to clean out all carbon deposits and dirt from the fuel lines and the valves, how long do you think that benefit is going to last?

2) Yes the groove is a good approach provided you understand flame fronts and are able to make the groove to propogate it in the direction where the flame is not efficient, hence a random groove will not work

3) LPG is a great option but it tends to wear out your piston rings due to a lack of lubrication

4) Had it been petrol wouldnt it have been easier to underjet, or reduce the amount of LPG being flowed to get a better milage and just increase compression?

Do realize that there are ways of increasing efficiency of the engine and yes they work provided they are done in the right way, not everyone can just decide to go ahead and open up their engine and get it right the first time.

And yes great work done but can you please stop repeating yourself in every post.
Dear Psycho,

My only effort is to pass on whatI experienced to all nothing else....there is neither business sense nor show off......its simple sharing of every experience that I came across......i think this wonderful place is for this only......
Now I wish to clarify about ACETONE......remember acetone is a Vapourising Additive .......yes it cleans carbon deposition slowly slowly till ur entire engine is free of carbon....then what?........then with every addition of acetone......it acts same way of burnig fuel totally.......this had been used by thousands of ppl since last25 years with total satisfaction and benefit......so nothingwrong if we go on adding on each refill.....................the essential purpose of adding acetone is to help fuel burn better and increass performance......mileage.............

Secondly....regarding the grooves....I was in contact with the Inventor somender Singh and with his guidance only I dared to make it a reality...I dont claim I have superior knowledge...but with such ease I had done this encourage me to share with fellow BHPians......Whats wrong?...I made grooves in the right direction a per idea....otherwise I couldnt have benefited so much......combuston is not efficient without the grooves......its seen with the increase in power with mileage too....every drop of fuel burns completetly.......this plays such a big role in todays increasing price of fuels.....remember our this fellow received Inventor Of The Year Award from National Geographic.....I only wish that such wonderful invention must not go unnoticed........so with every gain...my heart forces me to share....thats why I m here.....

Regarding LPG......its realy a gr8option......I had seen in Australia more then half a million ppl using LPG as a fuel bcz of stringent environmental laws of government.....I havent come across any event as lack of lubrication failing piston rings.......

And lastly......there is always scope to improve FE at the cost of pleasure of driving.......its so simple....make the mixture lean to get benefit.......but I instead encourage ppl to find out ways...techniques...to improve FE without degrading the performance......infact all these only added to pleasure of driving.......with such gr8 gains......If I dont share all this then whats the use of being the menber of this wonderful comminity??..so dear not make it a personal debate and pass on the benefits to all......there are thousands reading this posts..........if at least few implements and find it beneficial then I m satisfied.......

I hope I clarified u........................

Enjoy..............
Old 19th May 2006, 02:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Threads merged. Gentlemen, please continue your discussion.

Last edited by Mpower : 19th May 2006 at 19:43.
Old 20th May 2006, 00:31   #48
BHPian

[quote=Psycho]Hi finetuning, I have a question if each of these mods could add up to give you good power and milage, couldnt there be other ways to get it too... You have at multiple occasions tried getting better milage out of your vehicle and have tried every possible aspect however, I have a few questions:

2) Yes the groove is a good approach provided you understand flame fronts and are able to make the groove to propogate it in the direction where the flame is not efficient, hence a random groove will not work

Do realize that there are ways of increasing efficiency of the engine and yes they work provided they are done in the right way, not everyone can just decide to go ahead and open up their engine and get it right the first time.
quote]

Dear Psycho,
You have mentioned flame fronts and grooves, as you are one of the senior most members of this forum, request you to kindly throw some more light on this topic of grooves and the ideal way that i can make these grooves in my MPFI zen.
Any other mods that can help increase Fe if most welcome. Thankx
Old 20th May 2006, 21:57   #49
BHPian

Dear ajalphonso,

We know there is a flat area on the surface of the head called QUENCH area
...lets understand it.........

Quench, or squish area is typically the flat area on the top of the piston that's almost level with the top of the block deck. It must have a corresponding flat area on the deck surface of the head to qualify as quench.
If you look at a combustion chamber, you will usually see these flat areas, and they will have the volume of the actual combustion chamber between them. When the piston is compressing the mixture, as the piston nears the head, the flat areas on the head and piston come together and force the mixture from those areas to "squish" into the chamber, where the spark plug and burning mixture reside, so you achieve a more complete burn.

The quench area also runs cooler than the rest of the chamber / piston. These lower temperatures are where the "quench" comes from.

When properly designed, the quench areas can have a tremendous effect on the quality of combustion, and allow higher compression ratios, and due to this they are considered "artificial octane" by scientific types.
Bottom line is "properly designed, quench is good".

Now this quench is a good design aspect and almost all vehicle manufacturure adopted it as a good turbulance creating design.....Now the grooves done by Mr Somender Singh is a step further in this......it will create more turbulance inside combustion chamber just prior to ignition.....remember there is actual air fuel volume trapped in this quench area and bcz the flame doesnt reach there .....that mixture is not ignited when flame propagated inside cynilder.....

Now making the grooves on this flat area pointed towards the plug direction......gives path to the flame or the heat energy.....it then ignites the trapped volume and there is then no residuel mixture left hence total combustion resulting into improved efficiency.....so we can say grooves creating another spike of heat directed towards the area where no flame can reach bcz of ....design of head and piston top....so this indeed is the efficient method of improvign the combustion in any IC engines........

Many years ago... it was with the introduction of the ' quench ' concepts by Sir Harry Recardo almost 80 years ago.....now it is the introduction of Grooves by Mr.Somender Singh....both improvising the functioning of IC engine to greater level.....

Enjoy............

Last edited by finetuning : 20th May 2006 at 21:58.
Old 20th May 2006, 22:24   #50
ECM
BHPian

Dear Finetuning
have u taken a snap of your head after grooving?If so post it please,thanks a lot.
Old 21st May 2006, 14:14   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Dear Finetuning
have u taken a snap of your head after grooving?If so post it please,thanks a lot.
Dear ECM,

No photo taken....will take it if next time opening any engine head.....but u can see the grooved head on other websites.....http://somender-singh.com/content/view/68/49/

My engine head resembles this one.....http://members.cox.net/raunch/pitre%20r133.jpg

Enjoy......
Old 18th July 2006, 22:47   #52
BHPian

Hi all,

Nothing more heard about Somenders grooves from fellow bhpians...i m wondering why such a gr8 invention is going unnoticed?This is the Best Mode one can do for their car as per my knowledge.....it directly affects the functioning of IC engine....my only aim is to pass on benefits I m getting...

Enjoy......
Old 19th July 2006, 12:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning
Hi all,

Nothing more heard about Somenders grooves from fellow bhpians...i m wondering why such a gr8 invention is going unnoticed?This is the Best Mode one can do for their car as per my knowledge.....it directly affects the functioning of IC engine....my only aim is to pass on benefits I m getting...

Enjoy......
Hey Finetuning I happen to get 13.5 kmpl while pushing the car to the limits on a stock esteem and it gives me 16 if I end up driving peacefully and it has done 82000 km without any engine problems why would I want to touch the head when just a good tune job does that, however if someone wants to do it they will. I do not mean to put you down however, you have done the mods and they worked and you told the world and they are doing it and they are happy ... then why do you keep pushing everyone on these mods???

Even guys like me in that case should keep telling everyone on this forum to go ahead and mod the hell out of their engines as we could get good milage and power as required... leave it to them you have shared the info for them to use.

enjoy.

PS: I am sorry if I have offended you in any way
Old 19th July 2006, 18:34   #54
BHPian

Dear psycho,

Whats wrong with asking technical upgradation form people.....I think gone the days with conventional tuneups.....Mine esteem shows 95000km & runnning with lpg....My FE is not at cost of conservative driving but rather at extreme pleasure of driving....Importance of such mods lies here....If one want more power without sacrifying the performance then this is.....

I welcome all criticism...that help me improve my skills....

Enjoy....
Old 19th July 2006, 22:59   #55
BHPian

Article on Grooves

Some Food for Thought

http://fueleconomytips.com/index.php...d=181&Itemid=2
Old 20th July 2006, 11:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I welcome all criticism...that help me improve my skills....
I am not criticising your posts but commenting on the repitition of your posts.
Old 4th August 2006, 06:24   #57

Quote:
Hi all,

Enjoy......
wow, finetuning, thanks for all the info you are putting up here, I am planning to start playing around with a M800 thats done 50K.
1. Engine coating with lubrilon from Exclplus (dont know where to find them though)
2. Change to Mobil 5W50
3. 2.5ml acetone for every litre of petrol
4. 10K kms later, if everything is still holding up, a trip to Singh's den (I live in Bangalore)
5. K&N Extreme Filter

Cant wait to see how the M800 responds to all those mods. All the mods that worked for the M800 will then go to Fiat Palio / Punto that'll be in my Garage next year.

Me thinks Singh deserves a Bharat Ratna for his discovery.
Old 4th August 2006, 11:51   #58
BHPian

Looking forward to see the results. If they turn out to be good then i too plan to get it done on a Palio. Keep us posted.
Old 4th August 2006, 15:54   #59
BHPian

[/quote]Me thinks Singh deserves a Bharat Ratna for his discovery.[/quote]

Dear ahyanbhog,

Its good that u r appriciating the technical marvels of Mr.Singh.....u will definitly get instant benefit the moment u start using wonderful acetone....but dont overdose....

Enjoy......

Last edited by finetuning : 4th August 2006 at 15:56.
Old 4th August 2006, 16:04   #60
BANNED

somender singh is not a mechanic.. hes at an altogether diff level.. spent the better half o my college days in his garage.. manna.. pure manna... crazy arse racer, rd 350, tz 350,, score of tuned an blown yezdis, yamahas... drool.. former wild child.. still pretty wild actually.. and a god with engines... have sat in is indica an have seen him drive it in 4th.. no gear change and no slippin d clutch.. check im out on his web site somender-singh.com.. meet im if u can an he'll blow ur mind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks