Senior - BHPian

Another link on this

http://www.the-week.com/23jul06/life6.htm

Both these links were picked from Paliousersgroup in groups.yahoo
Old 4th August 2004, 02:45   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey satish,

I read this in the current Outlook magazine, apparently some mechanic claiming that his new discovery of "ribbed heads" (I think) can lead to much more driveability and 40% more fuel efficiency.

I dunno why, but it reminds be of that chap from South India who claimed to have a formula that can convert regular water to petrol!! Needless to say....

GTO
Old 4th August 2004, 04:07   #4
Team-BHP Support

Sounds very interesting!

Someone in Mysore should pay this guy a visit and get a TBHP viewpoint on the story and probably even get to drive one of his modded machines !

cya
R
Old 7th August 2004, 12:03   #5
SLK
Senior - BHPian

20 in 4th would be less than 1000rpm for most cars.

Or is he slipping the clutch at 4000rpm.

And also the thing is... would it remain at 20.. or ever reach 30?

Or how about the top speed and power.... the car will probably ask for 15th or 20th gear at 140km/h.....

b'coz if the car produces so much torque (sounds something like 3-4 times) at 1000rpm.... and say its a declining torque curve and it gives out half of what it gives at 1000rpm .. at 6000rpm................ Then the BHP should be almost DOUBLE.

So he's saying that .. he doubles the bhp and the fuel economy also increases by 40%. how the hell is honda still in business then??
Old 9th August 2004, 15:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

What about acceleration and top speed? Having a FE car is one thing, but making it go faster than it should is a completely different ball-game.

I would never drive a under performing car, not even if it gave a 100 kms to a litre.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 11th August 2004, 05:06   #7
SLK
Senior - BHPian

100km/l?.... I won't mind driving that car to Office, Till they don't pay me for the 12km/l.
Old 19th January 2005, 10:37   #8
Suryam

Hi guys,
Let us not simply deride this Someinder Singh without knowing too many details. Please see the details of his invention and his travails of making his invention to general public.

From above article, it does not appeat that he is another Ramar Pillai. He has tested his modifications on various indian vehicles and even in ARAI(Pune).

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/futurec...9464-3,00.html

Old 19th January 2005, 10:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

well guys i have seen his work..and he is pretty good at what he does...in fact i tested a baleno he had done for a friend and it was pretty good with an improved mileage..!!!also he is well known for his ultralights and aero-models
Old 19th January 2005, 12:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
well guys i have seen his work..and he is pretty good at what he does...in fact i tested a baleno he had done for a friend and it was pretty good with an improved mileage..!!!also he is well known for his ultralights and aero-models
Hi ICEMAN,

Had read about this a long time ago and was wondering if this also boosted top end power... coz most of the articles mentioned that the low end torque of the vehicle is considerably increased but nobody has spoken of the effects of the top end... since you are the first among the group to have tried his work first hand would like to know you viewpoints...
Old 19th January 2005, 12:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

well he does mods for fuel economy as well as power depending on your requirements. he has given some astonishing results in the two wheelers and small cars. this was the first baleno he did and it was much peppier than a stock car and he increased the fuel economy to 14-15 km/l which is very good for the car. also it had a much smoother feel..but then again the car was new...
he is good at this but has not yet entered the racing scene...dont know why. my baleno was done by dom and on the highway we got a crazy figure..19.6 km/l for a 400km drive. which has given me a permanent smile on my face.
all said and done singh is good with his engines and i think he is good especially since he has gotten good recognition abroad...which is an achievement by itself.
hey psycho i heard that u have 4 carbs on the conti...and it pumps out 150 horses. thats really good dude..
Old 19th January 2005, 12:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

hey also...forgot this small detail....if i am not mistaken torque and power and speed are directly proportionate to each other so an increase in any should give an increase in the others too. i know that when tuners do mods on an engine they also look for increase in torque...because torque helps a lot in the initial launch of the car.
also i could not push the baleno done by singh too see its top end because he had stock braking, suspension and tires so iwas not willing to push it. especially since itsa anew car with onlly 6k on the odo
Old 19th January 2005, 12:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Low end torque and power can give you good acceleration too. WRC cars don't revv that high, most of their torque and power is produced at much lower rpms than their street siblings.

What they get from this is snap acceleration from very low rpms which helps in launching the car and increases their exit acceleration. Ratios have to be recalculated to match the torque and power curves. A WRC Subaru can do 0-60mph in less than 3.5 secs, where as a normal road subaru would take around 5 secs.

Shan2nu
Old 19th January 2005, 13:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

yeah..shantanu...well thats what i was trying to get across. nice meeting you guys yesterday.
Old 19th January 2005, 14:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
hey psycho i heard that u have 4 carbs on the conti...and it pumps out 150 horses. thats really good dude..
Back to Stock Man ... Back to Stock... I have gone back to my normal engine with a 9:1 comp and a dgv.

I was running the earlier setup with a 10.3:1 comp and a quadrajet but I took it off after the drag (damn the top plate of the carb didnt realise that was the root cause of the probs)

The calc of 150 horses is based the work done on the car (Theoretical) don't have a gtech to confirm.

Hey coming back to the topic as I was saying the grooves work as channels to create eddy's and direct the explosion downwards to the piston... this will work wonders as you move a spherical explosion and channel it's power down. But when you are working with this design on a higher RPM it also acts as a hinderance to the flow in and flow out rates of the gasses from the cylinder.

This is mostly why higher revving engines have highly polished heads to aid flow of the gasses. Which is why I asked of the performance of the car at higher rev's.

As for torque > power and speed are propotionate is true but when any of these are not tuned in sync with the rest it will degrade the performance of the engine. Which is why tuner's look to aligning the Torque curve with a BHP curve for a RPM band for maximum power output from an engine.

Hey Iceman should meet up sometime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks