Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2014, 12:10   #151
BHPian

Re: Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
So the rexton has completed 25k Kms now. There are rattles and squeaks evident now but it has to be expected especially since I just got back from a 600 Kms trip on some of the worst roads ever. Even managed bottoming out the rexton at one point when I had to take a detour due to a jam through some godforsaken patch of land.
The alignment is again acting up and it has been the only Achilles heel in the experience till now since it's never been perfect right from the start. The horn too is acting up inspite of being replaced once already under warranty.
Any updates on any new rexton owners??
Hi.. My Rexton rx 5 has completed 19,000 kms in one year. The SUV has covered these km's without any niggle and i am very happy with my purchase. Regarding the allignment issue , mine suffers it from too. Pulls towards the left. Regarding the horn i guess the issue is in all rextons as mine acts funny too at times.

The suv is a serious mile cruncher. Did HYD-OOTY in one day flat without any issues with 6 people on board last week. Planning hyd to leh via srinagar and back via manali in mid of may this year.

According to me it is one of the best suv's below 24 lacs in india.

cheers and happy driving.
ashroy_6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 12:54   #152
BHPian

Re: Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
Hi.. My Rexton rx 5 has completed 19,000 kms in one year. The SUV has covered these km's without any niggle and i am very happy with my purchase. Regarding the allignment issue , mine suffers it from too. Pulls towards the left. Regarding the horn i guess the issue is in all rextons as mine acts funny too at times.

The suv is a serious mile cruncher. Did HYD-OOTY in one day flat without any issues with 6 people on board last week. Planning hyd to leh via srinagar and back via manali in mid of may this year.

According to me it is one of the best suv's below 24 lacs in india.

cheers and happy driving.
Its great to hear from a fellow Rexton owner. Apart from these sort-able issues there isn't anything at all to complain about. You're completely right about it being one of the best suv's below 24 lacs in India for sure.
Old 20th March 2014, 17:56   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
-This car has spent weeks(in total) in the workshop to get the Outside smell issue sorted, the workshop team has worked on it several times, the issue remains as it was on day one.
The Rexton spent more than 20 days in the workshop last month. Nothing too serious, some quality niggles and the same old outside smell problem.

The car was at Sri Durga Auto, Mayapuri. The support and willingness to help was top rate, just that even the tech support team they called from the factory could not the stop the bad odour problem at all.

For a premium SUV owner, the sight of getting the whole dashboard ripped apart every few months just to get a minor bug fixed is not a pleasant sight.

Apart from the main bad smell issue, all the other problems were taken care of.

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-0120131029_131431.jpg
Roof Rails started rusting from inside, Changed under warranty.

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-0220131029_131446.jpg

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-0320131029_131558.jpg
Rusting under the seat, fixed.

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-0420131029_131621.jpg
^ Vents became loose and fell off, fixed.

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-0520131029_131633.jpg
Screws rusting, not sure of status.

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-0620131029_131651.jpg
Scratched B Pillar from time of delivery, replaced after one full year of following up. Had got this in writing at the time of taking delivery.

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-0720131029_131714.jpg
Lots of stuff had come off over the time, repeatedly removing the dashboard can be blamed.

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-0820131029_131719.jpg
Loose wiring just above clutch pedal was constantly rubbing against the shoe.

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-0920131029_131726.jpg

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-1020131029_131739.jpg
Soiled, damaged, scratched...side effects of removing the dashboard over and over again.

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-1120131029_131747.jpg

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-1220131029_131758.jpg

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-1320131029_131820.jpg

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-1420131029_131837.jpg

Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty-1520131029_132620.jpg
Leaking hose.
.anshuman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 12:34   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The Rexton spent more than 20 days in the workshop last month.
My god This is just crazy. I think your friend has been sold a lemon. You get to hear of a one off case like this in every brand. Rusting of roof rails! I mean that is just shoddy work. How much has the car done and how old is it now? I just went out and checked the roof rails on mine after seeing the pictures. Luckily i'm not as yet facing any of these issues. Doesn't mean i won't face them and i'm a little worried after seeing the condition. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 21st March 2014 at 15:22. Reason: Entire post quoted
Old 22nd March 2014, 08:09   #155
BANNED

Apart from the main bad smell issue, all the other problems were taken care of.

Rexton has automatic climate control. It means that the fresh air flaps are opened /closed by the computer. Could it be case of outside smell coming in due to this fact ?
Old 22nd March 2014, 10:06   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkingsley View Post
Rexton has automatic climate control. It means that the fresh air flaps are opened /closed by the computer. Could it be case of outside smell coming in due to this fact ?
Just like any other car equipped with Automatic Climate Control, the flaps can be over ridden with manual input by pressing the Recirculation mode button. The indicator clearly displays the mode system is in, in this case RExton has 3 modes- Fresh Air, Automatic Mode and Recirculated Air. The problem is-even when in re circulation mode, the HVAC system sucks in too much bad smell/smoke from outside. Following a Diesel Autorickshaw or crossing a Garbage dump requires the A/C system to be switched off.

Please refer older posts like this one: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post3165975 (Engine trouble in Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton EDIT: Turbo replaced under warranty) The fresh air issue has been a concern ever since the car delivered.

Last edited by .anshuman : 22nd March 2014 at 10:09. Reason: typo
Old 22nd March 2014, 23:52   #157
BHPian

Getting the alignment sorted is by far the biggest challenge! I'm just not able to get it done right by any of the outside shops either forget about the ASS.
Now I noticed that the low beam projector of one side has gone kaput the horn has suddenly started acting up and even the reverse sensor beep now starts whining sometimes. And these changes have come in all of a sudden over the past 2 days! I'm out travelling and have the car with me will get it checked once back to my city!
Old 5th April 2014, 00:16   #158
BHPian

So the alignment issue is finally sorted for good. Finally! Had to send it to an independent tyre alignment place twice for it though.
Also the car just got back from its periodic 30k service. This has been done even though the car is at 29200kms at the moment.The light has been sorted and the horn replaced under warranty.
The third service bill...Well Rs.5700 only.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 06:18   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Hi.. My Rexton rx 5 has completed 19,000 kms in one year. The SUV has covered these km's without any niggle and i am .
ashroy/fellow rx5 owners , have any of you guys observed a rubber burning kind of smell (looks like from clutch) after doing a very slow speed half clutch maneuver?
Old 28th April 2014, 13:11   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
ashroy/fellow rx5 owners , have any of you guys observed a rubber burning kind of smell (looks like from clutch) after doing a very slow speed half clutch maneuver?
well atleast i have never felt or experienced this thing.
ashroy_6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 13:55   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
Quote:
well atleast i have never felt or experienced this thing.
Rexton Manual has no such issue.
Old 20th August 2014, 11:50   #162
BHPian

So iv just completed 37500kms. And so the dam has finally broken. Just got back from a 1500km round road trip over the long weekend. The brakes did feel a little light when i left but i thought i'd get them checked once i get back. The brake pads were changed at 20k kms after all. Just before reaching home suddenly the left side front brake started squealing. Luckily was just 2-3kms from home so crawled home and took the vehicle to the workshop the next day. Another 15-20kms. Now the workshop informs me that all the discs need to be replaced along with the brake pads and the estimate is a cool Rs.40k. There goes the low periodic maintenance that i was happy about. Along with that the rear speakers stopped working during the journey and the front right low beam headlight went kaput. (this is the second time) The wipers ofcourse were useless but i guess thats just the life of the blade is over.
All in all this turned out to be a really expensive road trip for me.
Is there any way of checking the discs and is there any way of repairing the same without replacement?
rugsrags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 23:01   #163
BHPian

Well the burst dam has been ebbed and how. After posting on team - bhp I decided to let the customer care know of the problem. Within 1-2 hours of my mail I got a call from the area manager of Mahindra in order to understand the issue faced. He was all ears and very understanding and he promised to look into the matter.
Will wonders never seize this morning I get a call from the workshop stating that they have been instructed to change brake discs and get upgraded brake pads installed and it will all be covered under goodwill warranty.
The service center was extremely helpful and this just shows the changing attitude of Mahindra towards complete customer satisfaction.
These are the small things which show where a company is headed. Completely opposite from a company like skoda where the reply to a query about the fuel efficiency of my Octavia got me a huge mail on how to drive!!
All in all kudos to the team at Mahindra!!
rugsrags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 12:29   #164
BHPian

The 40k Kms service is just round the corner. I wonder if I should look out for anything specific. Maybe the automatic gearbox oil change or something. Wonder how it will go.
The only thing I can nitpick regarding faults as of now is the wiper blade not being available with the service center and the nozzle for windshield washer spray being jammed. The tyres now look a little worn out but I think they're good for atleast 15k more. Will look to change em to michelins when the time comes.
The new brakes are working flawlessly though.
Old 22nd December 2014, 15:26   #165
BHPian

So the car just completed 48k Kms. The tyres are now looking balder but on showing them to my tyre guy I was informed that they are good for another 15k Kms easy. The shocker is that there are no tyres available in this size in the market. The car came shod with hankook and though the tyres have performed flawlessly I really wanted to upgrade to michelins.
The size of the tyre is 235/75 R16 and my tyre dealer has told me the only thing possible is to look for hankook like the originals or upgrade size to 245/70 R16 in which case michelins would be available. Can anyone please throw some light on the upsize option.
The car now has the play in the side view mirrors and damn it's irritating! Showed it to the workshop too but they were clueless about it. Also extended warranty still not available and I'm nearly over with the warranty now :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks