Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2006, 05:23   #1
BANNED

Best Branded LPG Car Kits in India

1. Which are the best LPG Kits available in India taking into consideration the parameters like efficiency & safety ?

2. And what will be their costs ?

3. What are the important things that has to be looked upon before (and after) fitting a kit ?

4. And what are the capacities of tanks available ?

5. How can we identify spurious kits ?

6. What is the running cost for 1 KM ?

Old 23rd May 2006, 07:20   #2
BHPian

Demand for LPG kits increasing

I think we at Team BHP need some special LPG kits advisor.. as per my knowledge

I am trying to ans u,, Sorry If I m wrong..

1. Lovato, StarGas, Longas, Tartirini ( As per Bangalore Market )

2. Kit for Carb Engine - 15,000 Rs Approx,
Kit for MPFI engine - 20,000 Rs Approx.

3. Make sure u get a black coloured tank fitted, not the home made cylinder kit.
Chk out for auto transfer, I mean Start the car on petrol when U run for sometime it will change automatically to LPG, No need to push buttons on dashboard (Like Pilot )

4. Tanks are for 30 L, 45 L, 65 L, Go for a small kit ( Stepney Shape) it helps in saving dicky space.. I am gona do same for zen. if U take big cylinder then ur full space is gone..

5. Well check out Times of India (Bangalore) Times Auto, there are many LPG dealers all are genuine coz I dont think some fake dealer will give advt in such open way. U can also check websites & check out auto dealers for that kit.

6, One person has already posted a long info about cost & all. Please check that on the same forum..

Old 23rd May 2006, 07:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Just LPG?

Do check out old threads and posts by TBHPians and come to a conclusion. HOw can you label one as teh best?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...t=LPG+Car+Kits
Old 25th May 2006, 06:15   #4
BANNED

I've heard people saying that the drop in power for MPFI vehicles fitted with LPG will be less when compared with carb vehicles...

What's the reason behind that ?

Is it because of the ECU which takes control of the engine performance according to the specific needs ?
Old 25th May 2006, 08:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

My advice:
Don't bargain much on the kit.
Even the best 'italian' kit dealers are making a few spurious parts(not all) for their kit to makeup for the lost margin(when someone bargains).
So, STRESS that u need a pucca, original kit. 100% original.
Old 27th May 2006, 06:07   #6
BHPian

Can anyone give me a Genuine dealer of Lovato kits in Bangalore ?

I will go where Team BHP says.. hmmm Getting blind trust on u guys now a days
Old 6th June 2006, 16:23   #7
BHPian

yes do trust but not blindly...........i guess the idea of a forum is to come together to share views and opinions and people who are experts in the field will give the necessary advice needed.

so trust people here but do ure own good homework too and then feel happy that people at team-bhp have answers to your queries.

keep the research going. ask loads of questions.
Old 6th June 2006, 17:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

A bit off topic

which is best? CNG or LPG. With more Reliance pumps coming up, i am thinking of getting a CNG kit.

Think I cant; kills warranty :(

Last edited by jkdas : 6th June 2006 at 17:29.
Old 6th June 2006, 18:15   #9
BHPian

CNG is a better option as compared with LPG..! I'm getting a new XETA with CNG Installed.TATA offers One year warranty on the KIT and honours the entire Car Warranty for 36 Months. The Kit to be installed by TATA is Bendini - Lamda Euro 3 Kit.

CNG is a lighter gas and in event of a leak- dissipates in the air much quicker than LPG which settles towards the ground.

CNG has a higher Octance and Calorific Value as compared with Petrol or LPG.

CNG is an abundant resource gas found in all Oil wells and resovoirs, LPG on the other hand is a By product of Petrol Refinement Process from Crude. That is why CNG is available at a better rate compared with LPG ( Todays News talk of how the goverment is planning to lower excise duty on CNG-LPG Cars from 25% To 8% So as to promote use of CNG-LPG Fuelled Cars)

CNG-LPG Systems both now run as good as Petrol- You need the right equipment for minimal power loss. For CNG one should go for reputed brands such as Landi-Renzo / Bendini - CNG Kit should include Advanced Timing Unit ( Which removes Lag in Pick-ups),Lamda Sensor Unit ( Which works to get data from your Cataylitic Converter and ECU and Oxygen sensors to adjust the best driving performance.

CNG is Rs.19 per KG against LPG of Rs.30 per KG- Petrol is Rs.50 Per Lt ( Delhi rates)

Both the Gases are preassurised, so the right cylinder should be chosen so as to be safe.

The Goverment of India beleives that CNG is much better use and productive so as to run the entire Public Transport System in New Delhi-Mumbai on CNG. More towns are coming up with CNG Stations and LPG Stations.

LPG or CNG is your choice and debate can go on and on...Bottom line is that both are good sources of Alternate Fuels..LPG-CNG both can serve your purpose.

You can for interest visit Related websites-

Landi Renzo MPFI-CNG or LPG ( http://www.landi.it/eng/prodotti/sch...ema_met07.html)
Bendini MPFI CNG (http://www.bedinigas.com/ing.htm)
Indraprastha Gas Limited (http://www.iglonline.net)

Last edited by wolfinstein : 6th June 2006 at 18:27.
Old 6th June 2006, 18:35   #10
BHPian

hey wolf, thank u for the nice info. I would be glad if someone can give me more info about Bangalore ?
Old 6th June 2006, 22:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Prakash

There is an official Lovato showroom on Dr.Rajkumar road (80 ft road) near Rajajinagar entrance. Its near the Honda scooter showroom.
Old 8th June 2006, 15:06   #12
BHPian

Thank You Mpower. Would be very nice if I get something near Airport Road/ Indiranagar / Koramanagala. I Would prefer a person recoomanded by Team BHP.

(Rajajinagar is very far :( )
Old 8th June 2006, 15:45   #13
BHPian

Go for LPG

Hi, Mr prakash
What u planned is good, i already done the same thing, i got 2001 ZEN Vxi[moon beam silver] in july 2005, i retrofitted with LPG-ZAVOLI kit, 35 ltrs torrodial tank, i choosed this kit bcaz, there is an lot duplicates in the name of lovato kits, quality of solenoids & electronic kit were good, the important service i am getting is fine, the dealer is located near mekhri circle[ if u want details, mail me] by the way i am getting FE of 12-13kms with ocassional AC in city, at long around16-17kms.
Old 8th June 2006, 16:32   #14
BHPian

Is there a petrol pump dealing with CNG in Chennai?

Last edited by Rayden : 8th June 2006 at 16:33.
Old 8th June 2006, 17:42   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
1. Which are the best LPG Kits available in India taking into consideration the parameters like efficiency & safety ?

2. And what will be their costs ?

3. What are the important things that has to be looked upon before (and after) fitting a kit ?

4. And what are the capacities of tanks available ?

5. How can we identify spurious kits ?

6. What is the running cost for 1 KM ?

I have four cars across three segments, converted to LPG:-
Esteem (3yrs),
Matiz (2 yrs),
Honda City 1.5 (6 months)
Baleno (3 months)
and will try to answer your questions:-

Ans 1) Best LPG kits available: OMVL, Lovato, StarGas, Longas, Tartirini. However my mechanic also advices kits depending on the car- I have an OMVL in my Esteem and Matiz, but for my Honda he suggested a kit specific for Honda.. same with Baleno...

Ans 2) Costs:- 20k + RTO charges.

Ans 3) Get a well known mechanic to do your work, makes your job much easier, someone who has done work for your friends, relatives anyone you know. Also ask to speak to some of his previous customers to get feedback.

Ans 4) 35/ 45/ 60 litres- each fill 80% of gas. ie- the 60litr will take 48 litres. now your tank choice should be based on a) space available vs b) capacity you need. I have a smaller tank in my matiz but a 60 litre in the rest 3. it lasts me a week! --- you can also get tank the shape of the tyre which goes in the space of the tyre... a premium of Rs 4k. I have seen this tank, its not worth!

This Chart will give you some details on running costs, savings, tank weight, maintenance, etc etc. Also included is CNG, for some other queries I have seen around. The calculations are based on costs in Mumbai for a daily running of 40kms with a mileage of 10 km/liter. Hope this helps.
(sorry about the dashes, thats the only way I could keep the spacings. I agree they are quite irritating. some help on this would be most appreciated)

Mumbai
------------------------Petrol ---------CNG. -----------------L.P.G
Cost: -------------------53.50 ---------21.5-------------------23.77
Cost of Kit -------------------------- Rs 37,000/- ----------Rs 22,000/
Fuel Average -------------10-------------13--------------------8
Cost per Km -------------5.35-----------1.65------------------2.97
Saving -------------------------------- 69.09 %--------------44.46 %
Monthly Savings
(@ 40 Km per day) -------------------- 4,435.38 --------------2,854.50
Recover Kit Cost in: - ------------------10,010 Km-------------9,249 Km
---------------------------------------8 Months --------------8 Months
Capacity - -----------------------------9 Kg ------------------48 lts
Empty Tank Weight - ------------------68 Kg ------------------22.5 Kg
Drop in power - ------------------------25 % -------------------5 %
Maintenance - ----------------------Up by 20 % ----------Down by 5%

Last edited by Samrat Banerjee : 8th June 2006 at 17:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks