Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2023, 10:58   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Questions About Roof Racks / Carriers / Bicycle Carriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post
I am planning to drive from Jaipur to Kasargod. I’ll be driving through RJ , MP, MH, KA and KL on the first weekend of May month. Recently I’ve fitted a roof carrier to accommodate luggage.
+1 to what @goandude said. Easiest option. Just remove the wheels and lie down the frame (derailleur side up), tying it up using bungee cords or whatever works for you. Basically it shouldn't get loose. The pedal and some buffering material at the bottom will suffice to ensure it is levelled up on the floor.

Other options - get a cardboard cycle box from a cycle shop and get it boxed up and put that on the carrier. No police staff is going to figure out the contents or stop you.
Old 17th November 2023, 16:59   #167
BANNED

Re: Is the Maruti Jimny's optimistic pricing dampening its sales?

Quick question - is it possible to mount a bicycle carrier on a roof rack correctly or do I need crossbars only to correctly mount the bike? If I get the cross bars how to carry regular suitcases and luggage on the roof? I do have a rooftop cargo bag with straps as seen in the attached pic. With a crossbar setup, only the front and rear can be strapped down and the luggage basically sits on the roof of the car - something I am not comfortable with… I quiet like the idea of the roof rack more because of this, but worried that the side elevation frame of the roof rack will prevent mounting the bicycle and carrier the way it is meant to. Or that the wheels of the bike will face an obstruction.

Hoping that somebody can clarify this point to me?

Edit : I just reviewed the installation video of the cargo bag and one can use it even without cross bars! However I am wary of using such a setup on winding hairpin bends on hilly roads. Comments?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Questions About Roof Racks / Carriers / Bicycle Carriers-img_7690.jpeg  

Last edited by Ragul : 17th November 2023 at 17:07. Reason: Typo, grammar, added attachment

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks