Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2018, 10:10   #76
BHPian

Re: Cheapest to maintain? Mercedes vs BMW vs Audi

I know the topic says big 3 germans, Can we include Volvo in the mix? i don't see any comparison especially on Maintenance and Reliability of Volvo with the Germans. I am personally inclined to go with XC40 as my entry into Luxury segment (x1 being the other contender). Please ignore if this was already discussed and dismissed.
Old 4th October 2019, 21:06   #77
BHPian

A Bill of 55k for general 3er Service!
Can someone help out if the bill is accurate or not, my car is not under BSI. Cheapest to maintain? Mercedes vs BMW vs Audi-img_20191004_210300.jpg

Cheapest to maintain? Mercedes vs BMW vs Audi-img_20191004_210248.jpg
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 00:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
A Bill of 55k for general 3er Service!
Can someone help out if the bill is accurate or not, my car is not under BSI. Attachment 1920330

Attachment 1920331
Four things seem wrong.

1. Cleaning Engine and Engine compartment
Rs. 9855 + 18% GST.

What sort of cleaning is this?
Whenever my X1 goes to BMW Workshop, it get a complete wash for free including engine bay cleaning.

2. Repair Kit Rs. 8900 + GST
What sort of repair kit is this?

3. Diesel Additives Rs. 3995.55 + GST
BMW Workshop usually push for them. I always refuse. Fill Reliance diesel and engine is at its best.
Did you ask for additives?

4. All year glass Rs. 766 + GST
What is this?

These 4 things are itself worth 28,000+ including taxes. 50% of your bill.

Check and ask for refund if they didn't take permission from you for same.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 11:43   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Four things seem wrong.

1. Cleaning Engine and Engine compartment
Rs. 9855 + 18% GST.

What sort of cleaning is this?
Whenever my X1 goes to BMW Workshop, it get a complete wash for free including engine bay cleaning.

2. Repair Kit Rs. 8900 + GST
What sort of repair kit is this?

3. Diesel Additives Rs. 3995.55 + GST
BMW Workshop usually push for them. I always refuse. Fill Reliance diesel and engine is at its best.
Did you ask for additives?

4. All year glass Rs. 766 + GST
What is this?

These 4 things are itself worth 28,000+ including taxes. 50% of your bill.

Check and ask for refund if they didn't take permission from you for same.
So apparently, my rear brake pads have worn out hence they're replacing the same. The service advisor forgot to inform me about the same. Hence the repair kit. I have some scratches on the windshield so the all year glass is being used and have asked them to remove the diesel Additive. Though Yes! Even I'm wondering what on earth is Engine & Engine compartment cleaning.
Old 7th February 2020, 08:54   #80
BHPian

Audi A4 2nd year service quote

Hi all

My A4 is due for service in the next 2 weeks. So far it's been a delight to drive. Zero troubles. Brakes are in excellent condition. Cabin is also fresh (i.e. no issues with cabin filter etc.).

Please find attached the quote i received for my 2nd yr service. (Tried copying as text but the format was unreadable so attaching as an image for better readability).

I would like to avoid anything that is non-essential. I recently changed my front tyres as there was a bulge, so going to ask them to exclude tyre rotation, wheel alignment/balance etc. I am surprised to see the cost of cleaning, unless i hear otherwise from this forum I am going to exclude that too.

Looking forward to the help from the experts in this forum to suggest which ones i should exclude/include.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Cheapest to maintain? Mercedes vs BMW vs Audi-slide1.png  

jumanji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 10:17   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Audi A4 2nd year service quote

Thanks for sharing.
Washing and cleaning 1500! You can safely skip this one.
Part and labor costs are really inflated - charging "premium" rates for the the "premium" brand! This is how they inflate the bill for the BMW as well, when you opt for the BSI, you get to see the real bill where both part and labour rates are in line with that of a Hyundai
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 10:23   #82
BHPian

The car has run 14,500 kms so far. Any other items that can be knocked off? e.g. the filters. The brakes are in pristine condition, should we still go ahead with new brake fluid, lubricant and add the additive?

General question: Do folks generally be there for the service or just have the car picked up and dropped back? Audi service center says they need min 5 hrs for the service. The center is about 45-50 kms from my home - so just comtemplating whether it's worth travelling for 1.5 hrs each way and spend nearly 5-6 hrs while they service. Audi service center says they dont allow any customer into the service area but can watch (whatever is visible) from the customer lounge. (Honda did allow me though without any restrictions).

Last edited by jumanji : 8th February 2020 at 10:44.
Old 8th February 2020, 11:00   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
The car has run 14,500 kms so far. Any other items that can be knocked off? e.g. the filters. The brakes are in pristine condition, should we still go ahead with new brake fluid, lubricant and add the additive?

General question: Do folks generally be there for the service or just have the car picked up and dropped back? Audi service center says they need min 5 hrs for the service. The center is about 45-50 kms from my home - so just comtemplating whether it's worth travelling for 1.5 hrs each way and spend nearly 5-6 hrs while they service. Audi service center says they dont allow any customer into the service area but can watch (whatever is visible) from the customer lounge. (Honda did allow me though without any restrictions).
Maybe the cabin air filter can be avoided. All other filters will have to be changed to keep the warranty intact.

Allowing customers in the service area varies a lot between dealers and the relationship one has with them. Some of the dealers allow customers to be present during service, while most do not. They may have valid reasons to do so - like safety of customers, interference in their work etc.

I am in a similar situation. The BMW workshop is 40 kilometers away. I usually carry my lunch with me and wait in their lounge and take delivery of the car once the service is done. Sometimes, during working days, I carry my laptop and also work while I wait for the car. You could try this.
graaja is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 18:03   #84
BHPian

I just got the 2nd service done of A4 (diesel) at Audi Gurugram and paid the final amount of ₹30079/-. The initial quote given was almost 40K, form which I removed the engine detailing (5k plus taxes) and AC disinfection (3k plus taxes). Everything else was standard and mandatory for the annual service as per the advisor.
prateekchanana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 22:08   #85
BHPian

Dear Audi (A3/Q3/A4) owners,
At what intervals do you change the following fluids in your car?
1) DSG oil
2) Power Steering fluid
3) Brake fluid
4) Coolant flush

From what I have checked online I found that power steering fluid should be changed at 1 lakh kms and the rest every 60,000 kms/4 year interval. But most information was pertaining to Audi USA. Is this the same time interval followed by Audi India? Those who have used their cars long term, please let me know. TIA.

Last edited by Flyer : 7th May 2020 at 22:10.
Old 16th July 2020, 13:23   #86

Based, on my experience with the Audi Cars (Total -3, two of Q7s and an A6) that we have had, I can summarize the following:

a. The Audi Service Centers (specially in Mumbai) are always out to squeeze the maximum out of even the periodic services even going to the extent of claiming to replace the brake pads AND brake discs for a sparingly driven car.

b. This is when we have always taken the extended warranties and the maintenance packages to avoid these hassles.

I have just received the service invoice for my Q7 for the 30K kms Periodic Service. The total amount is about 1.3 Lakhs. What makes this baffling is that the car is covered under the maintenance plan and there is no repair/fault reported. The car was just sent for regular 30K kms service.

It appears as if AUDI/VAG has decided that they are gonna recover all the expenses of Dieselgate and COVID from anyone who sends their car for servicing over the next few months/quarters.

I will post the invoices if that helps/needed by anyone on this forum
gaganharsh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 22:01   #87
BHPian

Hello experts & fellow owners, I got a quote of ~57K (with tax) for my A4's 3 year service (no complaints). The service is due next month. I would like your expert opinion on what kind of items can i know off this list. I don't see a need for wheel balancing (no noise or vibration even on high speeds), similarly for germ clean/extinction and I am not sure if items like ADDITIVE VWGRLLIIIFE0W 30 1 209L are required in general (or have any impact on warranty). It would be great if you can suggest which ones are these optional (and won't impact warranty).

Any idea why anyone should remove & reinstall noise damping pan(s) unless there is a complaint?

Attaching the quotes (2 part)
Attached Thumbnails
Cheapest to maintain? Mercedes vs BMW vs Audi-servquote1.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by jumanji : 16th January 2021 at 22:04.
Old 23rd September 2021, 10:50   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
Hello experts & fellow owners, I got a quote of ~57K (with tax) for my A4's 3 year service (no complaints). The service is due next month. I would like your expert opinion on what kind of items can i know off this list. I don't see a need for wheel balancing (no noise or vibration even on high speeds), similarly for germ clean/extinction and I am not sure if items like ADDITIVE VWGRLLIIIFE0W 30 1 209L are required in general (or have any impact on warranty). It would be great if you can suggest which ones are these optional (and won't impact warranty).

Any idea why anyone should remove & reinstall noise damping pan(s) unless there is a complaint?

Attaching the quotes (2 part)
Hey jumanji Can you share your final invoice.
Were you able to bring the estimate down?
There are definitely some unwanted stuff like Additives, Wax, edge pro LL, ozone air sterilizer and biggest one germ cleaning and sanitization for 9 k
This estimate is inflated by around 14-15 k minimum
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:59   #89
BHPian

I don't have the invoice handy, but a big difference was removing the wheel alignment/balancing which wasn't needed. If you see the estimate, there are quite a few line items like damping removal/fit etc. and the advisor told that all those things are needed for alignment/balancing. I am not really sure if they are really required. So, once i knocked the align/balance out, the total invoice came to around 30K or so.
jumanji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 14:00   #90

Hi. I’m deciding between buying the Audi Q2 and the BMW X1. This car is for my parents, so they’re looking for a small car with a premium badge.

How do the maintenance cost of these brands compare? This is the first time we’re buying one of these brands, so I don’t have any previous experience on this.

The service package on the Q2 is more than two time the price of the service package on the X1. Seems a bit extreme to me.

Any inputs would be really helpful. Thank you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks