Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2006, 18:21   #16
aZa
Senior - BHPian

JKD Along with the Conical filter + headers/free flow, ECU mods are also possible for the santro. I recently visited Pandit n Co with Ishan (already has a piggy back chip on his OHC vtec), the owner hinted at a piggy back chip for santro. I'm am looking at this as a first step then prolly add the filter and freeflow combo.
Old 25th May 2006, 19:01   #17
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
JKD Along with the Conical filter + headers/free flow, ECU mods are also possible for the santro. I recently visited Pandit n Co with Ishan (already has a piggy back chip on his OHC vtec), the owner hinted at a piggy back chip for santro. I'm am looking at this as a first step then prolly add the filter and freeflow combo.
Please do keep us updated on your mods and results obtained. Do Hyundai dealerships themelves offer some of these mods? I am a bit reluctant to entrust the ECU to unauthorized guys, unless I have very clear information from reliable sources.
Regards, rks
Old 25th May 2006, 21:22   #18
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
ha , my santro frnd I have a plan for getting the K&N conical kit for 6.5k + freeflow later on. Polishing will kill my warranty to a hopeless point. K&N and freeflwo can be replaced at local shops.

Anyone heard abt My TVS?
Thanks for the info. Please do keep us updated on your experience. Actually one issue does bother me. If, for example, it is possible to make minor modificatoins on a 1.3 lit Ikon and make it give 1.6 lit Ikon's performance, why would Ford bother to invest the time, money and effort needed to design a whole new 1.6 lit. engine in the first place? Even without knowing anything about modificatoins, it is pretty clear to me that modifying a 1.3 in this manner would not have been considered as cost-effective by Ford -- maybe there are many harmful effects (long-term?) in such a procedure. Similarly, if say, with just K&N filters and freeflow exhaust you get a 10 BHP increase, then my old ZipDrive Santro, when modified in this manner, will outperform a Xing!! So why didn't Hyundai think of that, instead of coming up with a new 1.1 lit engine and a whole bunch of new parts? I suspect that one may lose out on a lot on other parameters, like fuel economy, engine life, maintenace costs, etc., when one makes modifications aimed at a hefty power increase, as demanded by Girlie in this thread. Any comments from the experts, and those who are experienced in this modificatoins business?
Regards, rks
Old 25th May 2006, 21:48   #19
BHPian

No way in hell would a simple k&n filter change and a freeflow up your bhp by 10!!! It would be in the range of 3-4 bhp increase.

And now now boys, stop the OT discssions! Kindle contribute positively to help her out!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 25th May 2006, 22:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

K&N will give u about 8-10% increase in performance..unless u have the 'typhoon intake system' which will up the performance considerably.

I'd say..get a turbo for abt 50grand and a NOS setup. Let alone the Ikon 1.6 u'll whip most or all cars under the 12lakh range. But even if u do tht...u'll have to get better brakes, suspension, tyres etc to keep it on the road

Last edited by karthik247 : 25th May 2006 at 22:26.
Old 25th May 2006, 23:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
............, it is possible to make minor modificatoins on a 1.3 lit Ikon and make it give 1.6 lit Ikon's performance, why would Ford bother to invest the time, money and effort needed to design a whole new 1.6 lit. engine in the first pla.................... a 10 BHP increase, then my old ZipDrive Santro, when modified in this manne........
Regards, rks
1. 1.6 is 1.6 no doubt and old 1.6 in not sold now.
2. 1.3 isnt a great engine; its economical tahn 1.6 and does it job.
3. K&N with typhoon intake ( thanks Karthik247) does a gr8 job but is costly :(
4. A good design freeflow + header works should pump power by couple of bhp
5. why Hyundai dont do so? Cost dude, cost! And Freeflow means free flow of unwanted things to air ; more pollution :(

The best and safest is a good air filter, then freeflow. emm,someone said some polishing works... well... costly na?

@ aZa, you talking abt Viper stuff? You tried it?

And, you lose warranty of teh car with mods described in these pages!

Think all experts took the road to Goa!
Old 26th May 2006, 03:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Daammm i missed it. So close to CP yet so far cos of the stupid exams.

Did u find anything to ur liking dude.. Besides raghave's muffler.
Old 26th May 2006, 09:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
1. 1.6 is 1.6 no doubt and old 1.6 in not sold now.
1.6 is available on demand....

Quote:
2. 1.3 isnt a great engine; its economical tahn 1.6 and does it job.
I read somewhere in the forum 1.6 is more economical than 1.3..(correct me if i'm wrong)..

KP
Old 26th May 2006, 10:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the girlie has run away...she just asked for an easy way to increase the performance and we gave her turbo's and NOS..

Its like, 'Be careful what u ask for'
Old 26th May 2006, 10:56   #25
BHPian

@ girlie : performance enhancements is a very broad term especially for all nuts in this forum including me. as i have already seen fellow BHPians suggesting from conical filter to free flow exhaust to nitrous. well all these are helpful but for a certain type of driving. if u r a sedate driver i guess only a conical filter can do wonders. if u r the other type of driver then even nitrous might b little less. so choose ur options carefully.
Old 26th May 2006, 12:55   #26
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled
Daammm i missed it. So close to CP yet so far cos of the stupid exams.

Did u find anything to ur liking dude.. Besides raghave's muffler.
Fuelled mera bhai, damn ur exams have been around for long man!! Anyways Chipping has the most BHP to COST ratio. Remember the Yellow CRV guy in our noida meet ? He's from Pandit and Co. he was telling me bout the Piggy Back chip for santro the same way iraghava's OHC has it. he could also do the same muffler for a santro. But he doesn't recommend a Filter ...

Piggy Back CHIP = 12.5K
Muffler + piping = 7K
Ishan's jugad discount = ?!?!? (LOL)

Last edited by aZa : 26th May 2006 at 12:57.
Old 26th May 2006, 14:14   #27
BHPian

Hi all, I own a swift, which I want some performance mods, but on the lower side. I mean, not the NOS, but I want to start with the basic K&N since this will be the first Mod on my car. Can someone please help me out on what to ask the showroom guy to fit? If you can tell me the exact names of the parts, it will be more helpful.
Old 26th May 2006, 14:23   #28
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Bunty: If you modify u car, u might loose your warranty and the Maruti Showroom guys won't sell u a K&N or anything.
Old 26th May 2006, 14:57   #29
BHPian

aZa: I mis-typed it as showroom. I meant from the after-market shops. Ya, I know that it will make the warranty void, but I guess we can always switch back to the original filter if case of any problems, and then take it to the showroom. Am I right?
Old 26th May 2006, 14:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Simple, but enough mod on Swift
The K&N Conical Filter..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-1-3-a-2.html

Last edited by karthik247 : 26th May 2006 at 15:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks