Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2013, 11:46   #1
BHPian

Problem with Door Ajar Sensors

All,

In my innova, the 'door ajar' indicator on the dashboard keeps glowing, and cabin lamps remain on even when all the doors are closed. I checked the sensors on four doors, and they seem good to me. So the suspect is the rear hatch, but I could not locate any sensors on the door or on the frame. Does anyone know where the sensor is?

The indication goes off when I lock the car, or when the car is running, but I have to keep the cabin lamps in 'OFF' position at all times.

Before taking the car to the service station only for this problem, I want to see if there is an easy fix...

Mods: I tried searching for 'door ajar', but could not find a relevant thread. If a thread exists, please merge...
Old 29th May 2013, 13:30   #2
BHPian

re: Problem with Door Ajar Sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
In my innova, the 'door ajar' indicator on the dashboard keeps glowing, and cabin lamps remain on even when all the doors are closed.
The indication goes off when I lock the car, or when the car is running, but I have to keep the cabin lamps in 'OFF' position at all times.
Before taking the car to the service station only for this problem, I want to see if there is an easy fix
It could be a simple issue with the switches on the pillars (usually located at the bottom of the pillar or under the striker covered by a small rubber boot) . Try to isolate which door is causing the issue by pressing on each door which will deactivate the door ajar switch and the light will go off. It could be a case of one of the doors not closing fully. if all that doesn't work then the door ajar switches maybe malfunctioning.
cheers
Saud
Attached Thumbnails
Problem with Door Ajar Sensors-door.jpg  

msaudf is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 13:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Problem with Door Ajar Sensors

Some cars have switches for the bonnet also. Check that too.
vikram_d is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 16:57   #4
BHPian

Re: Problem with Door Ajar Sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
It could be a simple issue with the switches on the pillars (usually located at the bottom of the pillar or under the striker covered by a small rubber boot) . Try to isolate which door is causing the issue by pressing on each door which will deactivate the door ajar switch and the light will go off. It could be a case of one of the doors not closing fully. if all that doesn't work then the door ajar switches maybe malfunctioning.
cheers
Saud
Saud, Thanks! I have already checked the door switches on the pillar. The indicator continues to glow even when I manually pressed the switches one-by-one. Hence I am suspecting the hatch door.. (and now bonnet, after reading Vikram's response!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Some cars have switches for the bonnet also. Check that too.
Thanks, will check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks