Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 17:49   #61
BHPian

re: VW Polo GT TSI : 90 or 105 PS power?! Clarified: pg 5

No further updates on this thread. I'm wondering if the issue has been sorted out or we're still in the dark about the engine type and power generated. I just replied on the ownership threads for the GT TSi and I absolutely hope and pray that VW have not fudged the engine and ps numbers. VW should realize that some probable customers might just be waiting to get a confirmation on this issue before taking the leap and I sincerely hope this issue is laid to rest soon.
Old 12th June 2013, 22:21   #62
BHPian

Vw is not responding to this particular query. I smell something fishy. I think a legal notice is what is required for VW to respond.
Old 13th June 2013, 03:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

I have been verbally informed by someone at VW that 249 cars were sent out with the wrong engine number stickers on them! They clarified that the cars are, indeed, CBZB 105PS engine equipped, despite whatever engine number the car may actually come with!
kbk_75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 07:40   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
I have been verbally informed by someone at VW that 249 cars were sent out with the wrong engine number stickers on them! They clarified that the cars are, indeed, CBZB 105PS engine equipped, despite whatever engine number the car may actually come with!
If such is the case, VW should recall the cars for fixing the correct sticker!

Of late Lotus Evora had recalled because of a missing sticker, so I guess this would too qulaify for a recall!

Cheers!
Old 13th June 2013, 11:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Well...in actual fact it makes very little difference, even though it has caused a lot of concern and confusion.
Old 13th June 2013, 11:17   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I hope this is the truth and there are really no issues. Also, in that case we should start seeing the correct engine numbers starting with the new lot of cars that people are gonna get in the next few months. The need of the moment is for people to keep a watch out for the correct engine number when they take the delivery of their respective TSi's.
Old 13th June 2013, 11:32   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well...in actual fact it makes very little difference, even though it has caused a lot of concern and confusion.
In this case the difference may be negligible, but I hope they do a review of their processes so that these kinds of mistakes can be avoided. You never know; few months down the lane, they may ship a batch of cars with something else missing/different. I remember, a couple of years back Skoda had a batch of Laura TSI with missing fog lamps (and some other features).

So you already took the delivery of the little TSI?
Old 13th June 2013, 11:37   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
I hope this is the truth and there are really no issues. Also, in that case we should start seeing the correct engine numbers starting with the new lot of cars that people are gonna get in the next few months. The need of the moment is for people to keep a watch out for the correct engine number when they take the delivery of their respective TSi's.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
In this case the difference may be negligible, but I hope they do a review of their processes so that these kinds of mistakes can be avoided. You never know; few months down the lane, they may ship a batch of cars with something else missing/different. I remember, a couple of years back Skoda had a batch of Laura TSI with missing fog lamps (and some other features).

So you already took the delivery of the little TSI?
Yes, I agree. Sadly I'm back in the queue for a Flash Red, since Vidyut screwed up and tried to sell me that car with the dents! It'll probably be another 10-12 days I think.
Old 14th June 2013, 19:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TSI : 90 or 105 PS power?! Clarified: pg 5

Ok, so I have now received written confirmation from VW India that all Polo GT TSIs sold here have 105 PS engines, irrespective of what the engine number may be! Lord knows it took them long enough to clarify!

Time to put this chapter to bed!

Last edited by kbk_75 : 14th June 2013 at 19:09.
kbk_75 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 19:29   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, so I have now received written confirmation from VW India that all Polo GT TSIs sold here have 105 PS engines, irrespective of what the engine number may be! Lord knows it took them long enough to clarify!

Can you post the original VW reply here?
drjanakpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 19:59   #71
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks a lot for the update.
Old 16th June 2013, 22:57   #72
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Cross-posting this in this thread as well...

Quote:
It might also explain Autocar India's 11.34 second 0-100 test run!
I spent a while with the Polo 1.2 GT TSI, and though I didn't get to give it the best run i would have liked, i managed to pull the following 0-100 km/h time:

9.91 seconds in the wet
  • Measured with a dedicated GPS timing device
  • On regular gas (i bet 97 octane would help)
  • Tried both ESP on / off but it was hard to pin-point which was better due to limited number of runs & lack of traction or tyre noise due to the wet
  • The times for all my runs were (from memory) 11.19 sec, 10.20 sec, 9.91 sec, 10.80 sec. So its definitely in the 9-10 sec range.
  • I used "S" mode for the gearbox
  • Using both your feet on the accelerator + brake would just end up disengaging the DSG clutch. This works on a torque converter automatic, but on this DSG it does not. If you do this, you lose time on launch since the clutch will have to re-engage, though maybe there's still a way to make it work, i didn't take this route. What i did was handbrake + accelerator to build up revvs a little and engage the clutch. Don't do this for too long and do NOT press the brake pedal. Then drop the handbrake to launch.
  • It touches hundred in 3rd gear @ ~ 6,000 rpm

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th June 2013 at 01:36. Reason: rephrased for clarity
Rehaan is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 00:26   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Cross-posting this in this thread as well...

I spent a while with the Polo 1.2 GT TSI, and though I didn't get to give it the best run i would have liked, i managed to pull the following 0-100 km/h time:

9.91 seconds in the wet
  • Measured with a dedicated GPS timing device
  • On regular gas (i bet 97 octane would help)
  • Tried both ESP on / off but it was hard to pin-point which was better due to limited number of runs & lack of traction or tyre noise due to the wet
  • The times for all my runs were (from memory) 11.19 sec, 10.20 sec, 9.91 sec, 10.80 sec. So its definitely in the 9-10 sec range.
  • Accelerator + braking would disengage the DSG clutch, and you lose time on launch while the clutch re-engages and revs build up. This might be a common problem affecting some of the timing tests run. What you need to do is handbrake + accelerator to build up revvs a little and engage the clutch. Don't do this for too long and do NOT press the brake pedal. Then launch.

cya
R
Thanks for that Rehaan! What rpm does the engine go up to when you use the handbrake launch method?
kbk_75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 00:58   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for that Rehaan! What rpm does the engine go up to when you use the handbrake launch method?
Not sure. I didn't want to put the car through any stress due to hard launches or clutch-slipping, and especially with the low levels of traction added in, i kept it mild. As soon as the car began to squat (FWD + handbrake) i launched. Usually <3,000 rpm. I didn't notice the revs being limited.

cya
R
Old 17th June 2013, 02:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TSI : 90 or 105 PS power?! Clarified: pg 5

Right, so then that would definitely be the best way to launch the car, seeing as brake + throttle = 1200 rpm limit. Slightly wider, stickier rubber on a good surface and you'd probably get a low 9 second 0-100. Not bad for a little 1.2!
kbk_75 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks