Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2013, 16:38   #1
BHPian

My woes with the Tata Manza

Everybody warned me against it, there is a thread on Team-BHP listing it's problems yet I acted like a stupid and bought a Tata Manza, in Feb-2011. Possibly one of the worst decisions of my life.

My all other cars, in collective ownership of more than 4,00,000 KMs have not spent as much time as this car has spent in 55,000 KMs.

At about 10,000 KMs, AC stopped working and condensor, compressor and cooling coil were replaced. At 20,000 KMs, AC stopped working again, again repaired under warranty. At 40,000 KMs, again same problem and clutch gave way. Clutch was repaired under warranty, but the service center Sreenath, Ghaziabad asked money for AC repairing which I refused to pay. Matter settled.

At 54K KMs, car stereo stopped working and one day AC stopped working again. I again gave car for repairs at Sreenath, Ghaziabad. The SA said that stereo isn't covered under extended warranty, only in standard warranty. Which didn't make sense to me. Normally every other manufacturer gives the same warranty as extended as the standard one. Anyways, I asked the SA to check AC, and send the stereo head-unit to vendor for checking. This was on 16th June.

I got a call from the SA on 17th June that compressor has conked off and will be covered under extended warranty. He said vehicle will be ready by 19th June.

On 19th June, he called me that compressor hasn't arrived and it'd take 3-4 more days. Today, on 22nd June, I called the SA to ask the status. He said condensor has leaked and isn't covered under extended warranty. It'll cost me 10.5K.

I am at my wits' end. Clearly AC has a manufacturing defect, due to which it is failing repeatedly, how can they wash their hands off just like that? Regarding stereo, I am sure service center hasn't sent it anywhere. I am seriously pissed off with Tata and planning to go to consumer court against them.

Does anybody have mail IDs of Tata senior management where I can report this matter?

Regards

Nitin
ntomer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 17:43   #2
BHPian

Re: My woes with Tata Manza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Does anybody have mail IDs of Tata senior management where I can report this matter?
coffice@tata.com

Goes directly to Tata HQ (not Tata Motors).
vharihar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 07:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Regards

Nitin
I'll suggest you also send a tweet to Mr Ratan Tata. He makes sure that people respond to it. Twice I had issues with post paid billing of my Tata Photon, I sent a tweet to him and the guys from TataDocomo started calling me after a couple of days till bills were rectified. If he can respond to a tweet for Photon, he would definitely do something for TataMotors.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Do try and take it up with Tata Motors first, since of late they have started being more customer-friendly. You can call up the Tata Motors helpline and lodge a complaint with them.

You could always escalate if TaMo doesn't resolve your queries.
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Everybody warned me against it, there is a thread on Team-BHP listing it's problems yet I acted like a stupid and bought a Tata Manza, in Feb-2011. Possibly one of the worst decisions of my life.

Regards

Nitin
Call up tata motors customer care and lodge a complaint. The dealers are a pain but the customer care people are good. You might want to try a different service center. I had huge issues with my vista. Matter was resolved after a call to customer care..

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd June 2013 at 14:34. Reason: Please do not quote a long post. Hampers readability for our mobile users.
Old 23rd June 2013, 12:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

You can email to md@tata.com, md@tatamotors.com as well.
Old 23rd June 2013, 12:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can tweet Karl Slym, the MD of Tata Motors. My cousin recently bought Manza VX and he found that the temperature indicator is missing on the MID even though it was mentioned as one of the feature in their brochure. When contacted the dealer, they said that the feature is removed in the new Manza. My cousin objected by stating why its given as a feature in the brochure. He then tweeted Karl Slym about this. The very next day, the territory sales manager visited his home and offered free replacement of the new MID with the old MID which had the temperature indicator.

EDIT: I called up my cousin now. He asked to tweet @TataMotors first and if they don't resolve the issue, tweet @KarlSlym with the complaint number.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 23rd June 2013 at 12:38.
Old 23rd June 2013, 15:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

after nearly four years and 60,000 km , i simply love my tata manza for its highway speed and power, its extensive cabin room and boot space and pleasant looks. bluetooth too. luxury at reasonable price . if this car arrived on the scene a decade ago, it would have sold a 100,000 cars effortlessly. my car has a few issues too sometimes , but minor in comparison to the merits .
Old 24th June 2013, 10:36   #9
BHPian

Thanks for the help guys. I mailed customer support and it seemed to have worked. Srinathji Motors have agreed to replace the condenser under warranty. But not the stereo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
after nearly four years and 60,000 km , i simply love my tata manza for its highway speed and power, its extensive cabin room and boot space and pleasant looks. bluetooth too. luxury at reasonable price . if this car arrived on the scene a decade ago, it would have sold a 100,000 cars effortlessly. my car has a few issues too sometimes , but minor in comparison to the merits .
No doubt this is a good car, but quality is hugely suspect and this is the reason it had failed to sell in numbers it could have. There are far too many issues with the car and TASS are simply incompetent.

All in all, a forgettable experience for me.
Old 28th February 2015, 07:10   #10
BHPian

Re: My woes with the Tata Manza

Hi,

I took my car for AC filter cleaning yesterday to Raj Motors, Nithari (he has a thread about him and is very highly rated). He did the job satisfactorily; but when I reached home I noticed a part lying in the cup-holder.

Does this part belong to Manza which he forgot to refit? Or does it belong to some other car? Please help in identifying.

Thanks

Nitin
Attached Thumbnails
My woes with the Tata Manza-img20150227wa0026.jpeg  

Old 28th February 2015, 10:04   #11
BHPian

Hi,
It is not my intention to hurt the sentiments of any manza owner. But I felt this issue is of paramount importance.
Just few days back I saw a brand new manza in the compound. The car surely looked great. Infact I got late trying to scrutinize the car and ultimately ended up ruing my dzire purchase decision as the manza now became the longest car in our compound!! And as a matter fact I even had a terrible debacle with its owner after a few days when he had parked it infront of my drive way.
Dropping all my personal vendetta against the manza owner, I still loved the car. All was well, until one fine Sunday morning, I found the manza sitting on a pool of engine oil! The engine oil had leaked over the night! Probably the car was being driven on low engine oil, all this while, as the next day I learned that the manza was going to TASS for major engine work!
Hence, I urge every Manza (Diesel) owner to check the underneath of their car after every long drive. The Manza is susceptible to such catastrophic failures.
Old 28th February 2015, 10:53   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok Naik View Post
Hi,
I found the manza sitting on a pool of engine oil! The engine oil had leaked over the night! Probably the car was being driven on low engine oil, all this while, as the next day I learned that the manza was going to TASS for major engine work!
Hence, I urge every Manza (Diesel) owner to check the underneath of their car after every long drive. The Manza is susceptible to such catastrophic failures.
Hi Ashok! Welcome to the forum.

Coming to the topic at hand, without knowing the premise of the matter, it is difficult to tell whether the car has designing defects or the underbody of the car was hit in some freak incident subsequently losing the oil. In case you know the details of the incident, kindly share with us. Though your intentions may be right by sharing this news, but I am not willing to relate this to design as of yet.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2015, 11:16   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Hi Ashok! Welcome to the forum.

Coming to the topic at hand, without knowing the premise of the matter, it is difficult to tell whether the car has designing defects or the underbody of the car was hit in some freak incident subsequently losing the oil. In case you know the details of the incident, kindly share with us. Though your intentions may be right by sharing this news, but I am not willing to relate this to design as of yet.

Regards,
Saket
Hi Saket77,
Thank you friend, You are right. Taking a one sided perspective of the problem is wrong. I will try to source the tax invoice from TASS anyhow. Let us find out what went wrong. Even I am a big fan of the Manza and would love to know more about the vehicle.
Regards,
Ashok
Ashok Naik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 15:51   #14
BHPian

Hi,

Despite all of the woes, I have completed 1.17L KMs on my car I recently bought a TUV and was planning to replace Manza with a pre-owned entry level luxury sedan; but suddenly priorities changed and now I plan to keep Manza for couple of more years. So I am planning to thank her for the service she has provided by giving her a round of thorough preventive maintenance.

Condition of the car is good, except a few niggles -

1. It failed the last emission check. Carbon emissions were higher than permissible.
2. There is a perceptible loss of power. More apparent in last couple of months.
3. Tyres, clutch and battery are new - replaced in last six months.
4. Car seems to have bottomed out a little, scrapes on the places where it used to go over easily earlier.
5. Last suspension work was done 45K KMs earlier.

Please suggest what all I should get done to ensure trouble-free service for next 40K KMs.

Thanks

Nitin
ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 18:33   #15
Team-BHP Support

Nitin, I seriously think you have some bogus service centers around you. I strongly suggest that you find out a better alternative somewhere in the NCR and you will have a superb car at your disposal.

I have a Manza in my close circle. It has now covered over 97k kms. For the last 50k kms it has always been serviced at a FNG close to home. Their approach is to do the bare minimum when needed. Service is often about washing, cleaning, oil change, filter change. Anything else is checked or touched only when reported as failed or on the verge of failure. From 75k kms onwards we had steady changes as parts kept failing. The FNG will replace anything that failed absolutely. The car ran ok but at the same time felt a little rusty and old.

2k kilometers back yet another failure later we just deposited the car with the local TASS. They kept it for 2 days. They originally suggested that they can either quickly resolve the complain and charge whatever little is required to fix the issue or else keep the car for a couple of days and give it a thorough once over to get it back in shape as there is actually not much that's wrong. Once we agreed for the second route the bill ran up to a nifty 30k+. However, the car has come back to us feeling like a brand new car. Gone are all those rattles, groans, engine whines. Its as taut as a new car and all the inner and outer body spa treatment only accentuates that feel.

Bottomline - Just find the right TASS mate. It should work wonders for you.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks