Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2013, 16:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Diesel: Cold start issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
Finally, after a long waiting, I was able to get the Software upgrade done today at the KR Puram Service station of Vinayak Škoda.
Hi Rajni,
How is the vehicle after the software update? My 18 month's checkup is due. Wanted to ask them to update the software as well along with getting the passenger side seatbelt lubricated or changed! Did you refer to the advisory or anything?
Old 4th October 2013, 01:29   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Hi Rajni,
How is the vehicle after the software update? My 18 month's checkup is due. Wanted to ask them to update the software as well along with getting the passenger side seatbelt lubricated or changed! Did you refer to the advisory or anything?
Is my problem resolved? - well, it is not 100%. Having said that, I feel some changes and it is better than how it was earlier. I think I will have to live with that. I do about 3 minutes of idling in the morning and that makes it better. During the idling, I still notice the occasional missing and the cabin light not being steady which disappear after a few minutes
Old 24th April 2014, 22:01   #48
BHPian

Sorry for the late update here. I have been running too busy with work.

When I gave my car for the 30K km/2 years service in the last week of March I repeated the whole story of the metallic clattering and other cold startup issues to the SA (Prem, Vinayaka, KR Pura). I was not very hopeful as I had mentioned this couple of time in the past. After all checkups, he called me and said the very recent software update should fix this. I was like do whatever you can to fix this problem. And you know what, my problem is fixed. I don't hear now the tractor sound in the morning, no pickup problem when I climb the ramp from the basement in the morning. The overall engine sound and vibration have reduced and the car is smoother than ever !! So, if you still have this problem, please go ahead and ask for the software upgrade at the earliest.
Old 11th June 2014, 19:37   #49
BHPian

Quote:

When I gave my car for the 30K km/2 years service in the last week of March I repeated the whole story of the metallic clattering and other cold startup issues to the SA (Prem, Vinayaka, KR Pura). I was not very hopeful as I had mentioned this couple of time in the past. After all checkups, he called me and said the very recent software update should fix this. I was like do whatever you can to fix this problem. And you know what, my problem is fixed. I don't hear now the tractor sound in the morning, no pickup problem when I climb the ramp from the basement in the morning. The overall engine sound and vibration have reduced and the car is smoother than ever !! So, if you still have this problem, please go ahead and ask for the software upgrade at the earliest.
Is this Software Update the same as the Adaptation the service guys mention? I am also facing this problem quiet often. Also I am getting odd vibrations while idling. Once I got Engine check warning and went to the service center and mentioned them about the service advisory Skoda issued about the faulty Fuel injectors. My car falls in the same batch mentioned in the advisory. As always they told that they checked the injectors and they are fine. They just erased the error code and returned the vehicle stating their was some problem with some wire and they fixed it.

But in few days I got the Engine check light again and wrote a mail to Skoda. Then took the vehicle to service center. This time they removed the turbo hose and intercooler hose and cleaned everything and told the problem is fixed and their is no problem with injectors. After that the Engine check light never came but the vibrations during idle still persist. Also some time I can feel the loss of power and loud clatter. But sometimes its very smooth!!! Their removal and cleaning of hoses gifted me another problem. Leakage in all these hoses.

My car completed the 30000 Km service last month. I have complained them again during the service, about idle vibration, loss of power and the turbo and intercooler hose leakage. This time they fixed the leakage. They told me that they did Adaptaion and this will fix the clatter, loss of power and vibration during idle. But the clatter, vibration and loss of power at times still persist.
Old 2nd October 2015, 16:17   #50
BHPian

I just dropped my 2012 Skoda Rapid( 67K Kms done) at JMD Skoda Nerul, Navi Mumbai for cold starting issues.

I have been experiencing power loss and clattering( almost engine knocking kind of sounds) at cold starts. switching off and starting engine after few minutes solves the issue. But i still dropped the car at the service center.

The service person said no rapid has come to JMD nerul for this issue. He says they do almost 30 odd rapids a day and have never seen this issue with any cars.
He said he was aware of some software updates available for engine clattering but nothing for power loss and cold start issues. I made him read through this thread and he agreed to have a look at the car. They will keep the car today and attempt reproducing the issue tomorrow morning or today evening with the laptop connected to check for errors.

Attached is the copy of the service copy.

Will update the forumn once i get the car back from the service station tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid Diesel: Cold start issues-car.jpg  

Old 3rd October 2015, 17:25   #51
BHPian

Just back from the Skoda Service Center ( JMD Nerul).
He was able to reproduce the issue. He felt the clatter, Knocking yesterday evening test ride. Couldnt experience the loss of power though. He did have the laptop connected and did see some errors being logged.

He said he updated a few software updates on the car yesterday evening itself and parked the vehicle overnite. He drove the car in the morning and car felt good. Could not feel any knocking etc.

I drove the car back now and the car did feel a lot more silent ( May be its in my mind).

Charges - 750 + Tax = 855 !

Will check the car tomorrow morning and will update the findings. Hope the issue is gone.
Old 5th October 2015, 11:58   #52
BHPian

I have used the car for 2 days now and i can comfortably say that the problem is gone !

Car feels much smoother and silent.

Cheers,
Shailesh.
Old 12th August 2016, 07:48   #53
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Rajni, I seem to have the exact same issue. I will fix up an appointment at KR puram Skoda center to have it checked. Also, I noticed the low oil pressure light comes up at 3500 rpm and above. Once I drop down a bit in speed it disappears. When I hit 3500 it again comes up. Are these related? Any suggestions... Got the fuel filter, air filter, oil pump and oil switch changed. Still the low oil pressure light comes up at 3500rpm.
Old 16th August 2016, 01:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andescondor View Post
Hi Rajni, I seem to have the exact same issue. I will fix up an appointment at KR puram Skoda center to have it checked. Also, I noticed the low oil pressure light comes up at 3500 rpm and above. Once I drop down a bit in speed it disappears. When I hit 3500 it again comes up. Are these related? Any suggestions... Got the fuel filter, air filter, oil pump and oil switch changed. Still the low oil pressure light comes up at 3500rpm.
Fingers crossed. Going tomorrow to ASS. Will keep you all posted
Old 16th August 2016, 10:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fingers crossed. Going tomorrow to ASS. Will keep you all posted
Do let us know. For me, there is still a faint loss of pressure during the morning cold start. During the day, it tends to get ok.
Old 16th August 2016, 12:17   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Do let us know. For me, there is still a faint loss of pressure during the morning cold start. During the day, it tends to get ok.
Gave the car. Reproduced the low oil pressure issue. Idling issue could not be reproduced as it occurs only during cold start. Also, the chief technician wasn't there. I might need to come here tomorrow if needed.
Old 23rd August 2016, 04:25   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Gave the car. Reproduced the low oil pressure issue. Idling issue could not be reproduced as it occurs only during cold start. Also, the chief technician wasn't there. I might need to come here tomorrow if needed.
Standard troubleshooting process. They replaced oil filter. Now oil pump ordered. Two weeks to ship. Am getting my car back until pump is available. The guy claims he could not reproduce the high rpm issue. It is very evident to me. I will try to reproduce in front of them sometime this week. Looks like this is going to be a long drawn battle...
Old 24th August 2016, 11:37   #58
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Rajni, The guys at Skoda KR Puram are not willing to do the software update as they claim the issue is not reproducible. Can I ask them to do it nonetheless.

All, will this cause any issues. My understanding is the latest software update is always better. What do you think. Please advise.
Old 26th August 2016, 08:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

What's the version number of the latest ecu software for the Rapid 1.6 TDI? A friend is facing a similar issue and asked me to check here.
Old 26th August 2016, 20:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
there is still a faint loss of pressure during the morning cold start.
What is faint loss of oil pressure?

Regards
Sutripta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks