Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2013, 23:28   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
Mate this is not the right way to do it . EGR is the only thing in a exhaust system that can reduce NOX emissions. Now i need not specifically explain what NOX can do to our environment.
CatCon treats the unburt particulate in emissions.
I am sorry but just had to post this here.
Although the above two measures does affect the performance of an engine we as a educated society does have moral obligation to protect our environment.
Yeah I respect your green planet outlook.That is all I can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
What I heard from my mechanic is the plastic top cover is very important for all the MJD engines. Overtime these plastic will crack and allows dust to enter the engine and also the engine loose boost. slowly higher concentration of soot will wear the rings faster. All turbo pipes must be inspected at possible intervals to prevent damage to the engine.
Yes fiat and tata engine cover is highly prone to failure.Due to high vibration the cover cracks and separates near mount points.or the holding fingers will have a thread washout.solution is very simple - you can tap the thread again on the block and buy a new tata engine cover.
In rare cases where the crack is around MAF sensor there are chances of dust entry and 4th cylinder getting wrecked.

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd September 2013 at 23:47. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
antorquetik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 21:25   #17
BHPian

Re: Fiat Palio MJD: Engine Failure & Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by antorquetik View Post
Yeah I respect your green planet outlook.That is all I can say.

Yes fiat and tata engine cover is highly prone to failure.Due to high vibration the cover cracks and separates near mount points.or the holding fingers will have a thread washout.solution is very simple - you can tap the thread again on the block and buy a new tata engine cover.
In rare cases where the crack is around MAF sensor there are chances of dust entry and 4th cylinder getting wrecked.

Is it the Multijet cover is what is mentioned above, in my case the left hand side holder of this cover has become a bit loose and causes additional vibrational clatter when engine is idle, making it sound like a polo diesel. Is there a DIY to get this resolved, Is there a replacement part that can be done to fix this problem.

Vehicle has run 14500km odd now and feel the clutch to be a bit more hard than when new. Is there a suggestion that you can provide, will bleeding be necessary ?

Last edited by sriramr9 : 4th September 2013 at 21:26.
Old 10th September 2013, 00:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Is it the Multijet cover is what is mentioned above, in my case the left hand side holder of this cover has become a bit loose and causes additional vibrational clatter when engine is idle, making it sound like a polo diesel. Is there a DIY to get this resolved, Is there a replacement part that can be done to fix this problem.

Vehicle has run 14500km odd now and feel the clutch to be a bit more hard than when new. Is there a suggestion that you can provide, will bleeding be necessary ?
Yes it is the multijet engine cover that is being talked about.You will have to carefully see if the cover has cracked and the holding fingers are intact or the finger's thread has had a wash out or if the finger is broken.If it is a cracked cover you can buy a new one and replace it yourself if you can remove the feed pipe to turbo from MAF sensor else you will have to visit the local mechanic.

Clutch - If it is a palio that you drive, then yes you have to bleed the system frequently to retain smooth shifting, else you would feel gear shifts are not smooth and shifter gets stuck because the air in clutch hydraulic system does not allow enough travel of fork connecting slave cylinder and release bearing and complete disengagement of transmission does not take place.There is some residual contact between flywheel and clutch disc.
Old 12th September 2013, 09:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antorquetik View Post
Yes it is the multijet engine cover that is being talked about.You will have to carefully see if the cover has cracked and the holding fingers are intact or the finger's thread has had a wash out or if the finger is broken.If it is a cracked cover you can buy a new one and replace it yourself if you can remove the feed pipe to turbo from MAF sensor else you will have to visit the local mechanic.

Clutch - If it is a palio that you drive, then yes you have to bleed the system frequently to retain smooth shifting, else you would feel gear shifts are not smooth and shifter gets stuck because the air in clutch hydraulic system does not allow enough travel of fork connecting slave cylinder and release bearing and complete disengagement of transmission does not take place.There is some residual contact between flywheel and clutch disc.
That was spot on, i was looking for the fix for both and i have a fair ideaas to how to deal with them. though i have nto fiddled with the internals myself and am not so confident on the output of my own contraptions, i have taken an appointment with the FIAT ASC to get it addressed. i have the multijet engine in a Punto 2012 model, should have been the BS - IV compliance rating.

Could you pl confirm if opening the power steering reservoir cover cause moisture to have entered inside ? Just curios.
Old 14th September 2013, 21:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Lolz dust cannot enter engine from top. its a sealed unit. If not it will not be a diesel is it. Diesel engine are more robust hence very successful in wading through water, hence offroading.

Only opening the engine has to outside is through the intake manifold through air filter.

Your's is a classic case of blown head gasket (blue smoke).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks