Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2006, 14:59   #1
BHPian

Accent CRDI - Questions on Turbojet/SystemD/Mobil 1

Hi

I have bought a new Accent CRDI. I have the following questions.

1) Fuel - Which one to use? Have been using HP's Turbojet. Is it fine?
2) SystemD - Is it required in spite of using Turbojet? What is the benefit of using it?
3) After the initial 1000KM I pushed the car more than 140KM/hr but I managed to keep the RMP between 3000 - 3500 RPM. Have I harmed the engine? Worried a little bit
4) Planning to switch engine oil to “Mobil Delvac 1300 Super Motor Oil 15W-40 Diesel”. Is this oil fine? And after how many kilometers should switch? Should I wait for 10000KM?

Thanks
Luke

Last edited by Luke : 11th June 2006 at 15:02.
Old 11th June 2006, 18:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi LUke... Welcome on Board And do enjoy yourself here.. Please make sure you have readd the announcements section before you proceed

Congratulations on your purchase!!... What colour is the car??

I have a CRDi too... my answers in bold..

1) Fuel - Which one to use? Have been using HP's Turbojet. Is it fine?
Sure is fine... I have always used this but ensure you stick to a good filling station. Lots of threads here debating this issue - a search function will help you confuse yourself further!

2) SystemD - Is it required in spite of using Turbojet? What is the benefit of using it?
Not required - but by the same extention no "proof" that the additives in the so called "super" diesel works either... so go ahead do whatever gives you peice of mind! .. I have used it and found no advantage/disadvantage - hence stopped.

3) After the initial 1000KM I pushed the car more than 140KM/hr but I managed to keep the RMP between 3000 - 3500 RPM. Have I harmed the engine? Worried a little bit
I took delivery and drove to Bangalore straight! ... Absolutely no problem... Please DO redline the car a couple of times in all the gears... help seat and bed the working parts well!

4) Planning to switch engine oil to “Mobil Delvac 1300 Super Motor Oil 15W-40 Diesel”. Is this oil fine? And after how many kilometers should switch? Should I wait for 10000KM?
I have MObile 1 in my car.. remarkable difference... If you are done with your first service go ahead and use it. Please ensure you use a good engine flush BEFORE you pour in the MObile to extract max benefits from it.. Keep your drain intervals to 5k for the next couple of changes though.

Enjoy your car.... and enjoy your stay here!!

Last edited by kb100 : 11th June 2006 at 18:34.
Old 18th June 2006, 19:38   #3
BHPian

Thanks for your advice. BTW where do you get Mobil 1 in chennai? and what is the engine flush you used?

Luke
Old 6th January 2007, 11:01   #4
BHPian

Is Delvac MX better than Delvac Super 1300? As per the spec MX has API CI-4 where as Super 1300 meets only CF-4. My Car has done 10000 KM and I am planning to change to Mobil. I enquired with the KUN service guys in Chennai. They are not for any other oil apart from Servo which they use. I am totally confused at this moment whether to shift to Mobil Delvac MX. MX is Multigraded Commercial Vehicle Engine oil. Is it good for Accent CRDI? I might loose my warranty if I use this oil :(

Most Viewed