Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2006, 01:53   #1
BHPian

New Swift Vxi - a few doubts and opinions

I had purchased a Swift Vxi about 2 months ago.

Amazing car, just love it.

Well i need to know what kind of after effects will happen on occasional wheel spinning?

Will over speeding a new car, effect anyway the long run mileage? I usually don't go above 80, but i accelerate a little hard. I only drive it occasionally when i'm at home, or it is my dad who drives it, and he doesn;t overspeed.

So will there be any long term damages to the car or mileage on occasional speeding and wheel spining?

The colur of my Swift is Metallic Azure Grey, what kind of tint should i go for the windows, and another thing my parents are planning on putting seat covers, which colour do u guys think would suit the best, i was thinking of cream colout leather seats, to contrast with the body colour.
This is a family car. But the dash is black, or should i go for black leather seat covers.

Thanks guys.

BHP Rocks.
Old 12th June 2006, 08:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

1. Don't accelerate hard as it'll send ur RPM shooting up. Instead gradually step on the gas and take a bit time to achieve speeds. Like do 80kmpn in 5th instead of 3rd or 4th. If ur can has been thru the run-in period(first 1000kms) then atleast try not to redline the car.

2. Wheelspins cause damage to ur clutch, tyres, driveshaft and maybe the gearbox as well. Its better u don't do it often, but well once in a while won't cause any harm i suppose

3. Black tints all the way. Don't get double shaded silver n black or anything. Just plain dark black will do the job.

4. Get two tone seats. Like get black and grey combo. Will match with the car as well as the dash. And when u get them, get good quality leather as it'll fade otherwise and will totally spoil the look.
Old 12th June 2006, 11:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Looks like somebody forgot 'running-in'.
I just feel sad for the engine and the skinny 165 tyres.
Old 15th June 2006, 02:13   #4
BHPian

How much will these two tone seats cost and the black tint?

Does anyone know where i can get it in kerala, preferably in kottayam, or anywhere close to thiuvalla?

I was also thinking of performance kn air filters for my swift vxi, i read in another post of someone getting 3kms extra mileage on his swift, thats like amazing, more power and mileage. How much will a kn airfilter cost, and will it void the warranty from maruiti?

Thanks guys.
Old 15th June 2006, 02:16   #5
BHPian

Does anyone know where i can get it in kerala, preferably in kottayam, or anywhere close to thiuvalla?

I was also thinking of performance kn air filters for my swift vxi, i read in another post of someone getting 3kms extra mileage on his swift, thats like amazing, more power and mileage. How much will a kn airfilter cost, and will it void the warranty from maruti?

Thanks guys.
Old 15th June 2006, 12:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
This is a family car. But the dash is black, or should i go for black leather seat covers.
Hi micraft.. just a suggestion, if possible don't go in for the leather seat covers as although they look good but tend to absorb heat when the car is parked in the sun hence making it uncomfortable to sit on them thereafter for sometime.
Old 15th June 2006, 22:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by micraft

I was also thinking of performance kn air filters for my swift vxi, i read in another post of someone getting 3kms extra mileage on his swift, thats like amazing, more power and mileage. How much will a kn airfilter cost, and will it void the warranty from maruti?

Thanks guys.
By changing the Airfilter you would be endangering your warranty. Check that out with the dealer. Heat absorbtion of the leather seat covers is a fact that many ppl overlook. Unless you take good care of them they look awful and ragged once they are old. Go for good Fabric seat cover with more cotton %tage to avoid building static energy, esle you may receive a mild shock at times, especially in the summers. I would also love to know about this tendency from my other friends.

So long....
Old 15th June 2006, 23:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micraft

I was also thinking of performance kn air filters for my swift vxi, d will it void the warranty from maruti?

Thanks guys.
1. two tone leather? good one ? 10k up
2. K&N replacement or conical? Think both kills warranty ( conical sure does! )
3. hows AVG?
Old 16th June 2006, 00:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think Suhaib's Swift with Extreme K&N gives him about 16.5 on the highways but thats with the intake pipe as well.

AVG is a superb service center. My car used to be serviced only at AVG, KTM and now i service it at AVG, Tiruvalla. Both the centers do a good job.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 16th June 2006, 00:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp
I think Suhaib's Swift with Extreme K&N gives him about 16.5 on the highways but thats with the intake pipe as well.

AVG is a superb service center. My car used to be serviced only at AVG, KTM and now i service it at AVG, Tiruvalla. Both the centers do a good job.

Drive on,
Shibu.
and it cost him 8.5k and was fixed at bangy. You can get this done at Cohin ( @ K&N kerala dealer). Warranty kaput.

OT! @ shibup; he had bad exp at AVG and there's a thread abt it.
Old 16th June 2006, 01:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
and it cost him 8.5k and was fixed at bangy. You can get this done at Cohin ( @ K&N kerala dealer). Warranty kaput.

OT! @ shibup; he had bad exp at AVG and there's a thread abt it.
i'm

thanks jk for pointing out that thread. When i go next time, perhaps i can point out that I have seen the thread. It'll make them realise that times are a changing and word travels fast.:-)

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 16th June 2006, 02:00   #12
BHPian

i would really appreciate that shibujp. I had given a complaint through internet consumer court, they said they would call the dealer.

AVG Thiruvalla, just ****'s, i would never suggest giving your car for service over there, after my first service, there was paint gone on the bumper under the bonnet, its like they used a hammer on it or something like that. And behind the rear seat the roof upholstery had come off a little. I had complaint about squeaking noise from the rear seat, they fixed that and took a piece off my roof upholstery. I thinking while changing the oil they placed some tool on the car's bumper.

If you had read my previous post complaining about AVG car dealerships, you should know the real reason why i say AVG ***'s.

Seriously guys, i would never recommend going to AVG Thiruvalla, I had the GM tell me that the staff in AVG Thiruvalla is under experinced since its new.

Well I was wondering by installing a 8.5k performance air filer, you get improved power and mileage, then shouldn't every Indian be doing that. Its just bang for the buck, or is there any long term losses.

thanks.

Most Viewed