Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2013, 23:32   #16
BHPian

re: Fiat Palio S10 Restoration: Mechanical & paintwork done. Final assembly in progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer919 View Post
my mech has performed these transplants about 5 times already and has also replaced timing belts on a couple of friend's cars so I'm ok with it.
Could you share the details of your garage guy ? And which paint booth did you decide upon. Please update the thread. I think have seen some pics on the Facebook for this build
Old 9th December 2013, 20:56   #17
BHPian

re: Fiat Palio S10 Restoration: Mechanical & paintwork done. Final assembly in progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Could you share the details of your garage guy ? And which paint booth did you decide upon. Please update the thread. I think have seen some pics on the Facebook for this build
The garage is called AutoTech, run by Ravi Gaikwad in Pune.

Unfortunately, don't have anything to update this thread with at the moment, due to unforeseen delays with getting the engine delivered. We're firefighting with the guy who is supposed to provide the engine to try and get it delivered.

Not sure which pics you saw on Facebook, but i don't have this build published anywhere else.

Oh, and i have decided to go with Pavan Kadam for the paint job, who i think works with GT Tuners for the painting process. Yet to discuss with him in detail as we are waiting for the car to come to Bangalore first.

Kiran.

Last edited by lucifer919 : 9th December 2013 at 20:57. Reason: added more information
lucifer919 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 01:12   #18
BHPian

Alright folks, looks like i'm finally hitting some luck. The engine is here and should be going into the car in the next couple of days.

I have already procured all the following components, which should be installed in the next week or two at most:

1. Lower Arms
2. Ball joints
3. Power-Steering Rack
4. Struts
5. Front and Rear Brakes from the Adventure
6. Tie Rods
7. Head lights
8. Tail lights

Some delicious pictures of the new engine attached here
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-altajnaofaouz149duuhu5kuq2rbdpgpw4alfys87leavg.jpg  

Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-altakuki40j2yb6la48wxvfrbotiu5b6bomm7jeikhfrnq.jpg  

Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-altamfpirefj9pwckodhubvstbg4kpdj5zjr3aww2ccf7dl.jpg  

Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-altao1razpapvfnsbxyv13tigxfdagowlbtpbsslx345.jpg  

Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-altaq4qjbcknmdgxvhomkvojq4nhjuhlidqsm9ip4auofbk.jpg  

Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-altas5bsmchziesjsxncpx2ykwgojolk6gru3_0gyadol5v.jpg  

Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-altasjrljxntaneukcujrjxm5szg4epflzalxsclpdc8mhf.jpg  

Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-altasuqoesk3leg6pyh6qkxny8ra9s5fdf5hjbgg6ssr2u.jpg  

Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-altauaa7ftue0vqzdpeajgqhk83czzjtiswez7ttjiqwhnk.jpg  

lucifer919 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 10:15   #19
BHPian

Congrats dude on the new engine. Is this engine from Sienna or from GTX or the BS3 version from Sport? Where are yiou getting the work done from?
All the best for your project
Sreehari
Old 13th March 2014, 22:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Congrats dude on the new engine. Is this engine from Sienna or from GTX or the BS3 version from Sport? Where are yiou getting the work done from?
All the best for your project
Sreehari
This is the 1580cc engine from the Siena. It was for a 16 bit ECU unlike the S10, so we have to retrofit the CAM sensor and get it to work with the existing electricals. No other changes required.
lucifer919 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 09:34   #21
BHPian

Glued to this thread. Love to see the S10 taking a rebirth!
All the best for the rest of the work.

Planning to visit Ravi next week for the timing adjustment. Hope to see your beauty there.

Appreciate if you can also share the $$ part of it.
And last but not the least let me know the quotation for the paint, I also might do a painting of my Canary Yellow Palio 1.6 Sports.
Old 2nd April 2014, 18:42   #22
VMB
BHPian

Waiting for more details & pics
Old 3rd April 2014, 18:05   #23
BHPian

lucifer919,

Nice to hear that you were able to get the engine for the S10. Any update on the restoration process ?

Did you talk to Pavan Kadam for the painting work. I'm too planning for a paint job for my GTX as the paint is very dull and can not protect the car from weather anymore. Please share the details

BR
Ravi
Old 5th April 2014, 12:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Alright folks, looks like i'm finally hitting some luck. The engine is here and should be going into the car in the next couple of days.

I have already procured all the following components, which should be installed in the next week or two at most:

1. Lower Arms
2. Ball joints
3. Power-Steering Rack
4. Struts
5. Front and Rear Brakes from the Adventure
6. Tie Rods
7. Head lights
8. Tail lights

Some delicious pictures of the new engine attached here
Its such a good feeling to see a fellow enthusiast going that extra mile to take care of his ride. Do keep this thread updated.

If you don't mind, could you please share contact details of the person/ shop where you procured these spares from? I've been trying desperately to get some spares for my Stile 1.6 for a while now. The new dealership network has been of little to no help in this regard

Last edited by MaddyCrew : 5th April 2014 at 12:39. Reason: spelling errors
Old 10th April 2014, 04:52   #25
BHPian

I got all the spares from 99rpm.com
Old 11th April 2014, 16:57   #26
BHPian

Does anyone know what type of tail lights came on the S10? Was it the 3 bulb type or the 4 bulb type?

currently my car has one light with 3 bulbs and one with 4 so confused!!
Old 11th April 2014, 17:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know what type of tail lights came on the S10? Was it the 3 bulb type or the 4 bulb type?

S10 came with the 3 bulb light cluster. Even the GTX came with 3 bulb cluster. But post 2003 cars came with 4 bulb unit.

If you are buying parts from 99rpm.com, the price for this unit will be higher than the 4 bulb one.

take care

Last edited by planet_rocker : 11th April 2014 at 17:52.
planet_rocker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 16:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see someone actually buying the Palio at a time when people are trying their luck in selling it. I have known people who have bargained at a quoted price of 75k to sell their 1.6's in a reasonably decent condition. I have also seen people preferring to scrap it than going through the process of selling it to someone, when the difference between the two was not more than 15-20k.

Also nice to see a latest thread on this car. I thought the Old Gen Palio's were disappearing from everywhere.

Wishing you luck in restoring the beauty to stock.
Old 18th April 2014, 17:11   #29
BHPian

Hooked to this thread. Hope you are able to restore this to full glory.

It is threads like these that make me kick myself for selling the Palio.
Old 7th May 2014, 22:51   #30
BHPian

Well Folks, its been a while since i updated this thread. The engine is mounted and we are running tests on the car to check for any gremlins.

The work done so far is as follows:

1. Engine/gearbox mounted
2. lower arms replaced
3. tie rods/ track rods replaced
4. front/rear suspension mounts and struts replaced
5. AC compressor overhauled
6. Power steering rack replaced
7. All electricals and wiring verified to be in working order
8. drive shafts replaced
9. Heater coil replaced

pending work:
1. front and rear brake upgrade to Adventure ones
2. headlights to be mounted
3. BRING THIS BABY HOME!!!!!

We should have everything wrapped up by this weekend.

Some pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-1.jpg  

Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-2.jpg  

Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-3.jpg  

Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-4.jpg  

Fiat Palio S10 - Now, Restoration Complete!-5.jpg  

lucifer919 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks