Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2014, 21:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Engine Rebuild Cost?

Wondering why the parts list/ estimate has such atrocious spelling. Almost like a streetside mechanic typed it out.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 22:54   #62
BHPian

Update: After some back-and-forth, Honda have confirmed in writing that they are not willing to provide any assistance free of cost. So we are proceeding to have the car repaired by the former dealer on a 'paid under protest' basis. Will see if anything comes of the legal route subsequently.

Can anyone suggest a competent third party who could review the damage and provide a written report or opinion? I was considering asking the Automobile Association of Southern India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Errrrr, I am sure you serviced your car after 2011 so they could have checked and verified that this had been done.
Yes it was serviced after the letter was supposedly issued. And at that time the service centre was still a Honda-authorized dealer. Could be negligence on the part of the dealership as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Wondering why the parts list/ estimate has such atrocious spelling. Almost like a streetside mechanic typed it out.
Dealerships often type like that in my experience!
Old 14th July 2014, 00:57   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Update: After some back-and-forth, Honda have confirmed in writing that they are not willing to provide any assistance free of cost. So we are proceeding to have the car repaired by the former dealer on a 'paid under protest' basis. Will see if anything comes of the legal route subsequently.

Can anyone suggest a competent third party who could review the damage and provide a written report or opinion? I was considering asking the Automobile Association of Southern India.
Can you re-upload the pictures ? They are too small.
All I can see in those tiny pictures is that the#4 piston was hit by intake valves.

Also, What is this STERAM SEL ? It is repeated 4 times.
Cylinder head gasket twice ?
Rocker assembly costs 48k ? Head gasket 16k ? The dealer is clearly overcharging.
Old 18th July 2014, 19:12   #64
BHPian

Update: The Honda dealership in Chennai is now refusing to supply the spare parts to the Vellore third-party workshop. They are only willing to install them at their own (Honda) premises. It doesn't look like we have any other choice but to accede. We could have saved a lot of time if they had just told us this in the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
Can you re-upload the pictures ? They are too small.
I had made them smaller because they were too large the first time around. Will try and re-upload along with pictures taken by Honda dealership mechanics who made a flying visit to inspect the car after pressure was applied at higher levels.
Old 18th July 2014, 22:54   #65
BHPian

My honda city zx vtec also underwent a complete engine rebuilt back in 2010. This was after my mother drove the car for almost 50km without any engine oil.
Honda service centre gave an estimate of rs.1.7 lakhs for the rebuilt. My father decided to get it done from an indepent garage for only 30k. The cat is running absolutely fine since then.
My suggestion is to get it done from a reputed garage. You will end up saving a lot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks