Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2016, 13:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: HM Ambassador Modifications: Power steering, disc brakes etc.

A good thread. How much is the car driven with the new set of tyres? Whats the exact size of tyres. Gypsy wheels are 15 inch right?
Old 17th February 2017, 16:42   #17

Narendra - hello. I am in the process of restoring my Fiat Millicento (1954 model) and would love to take your inputs and maybe take your help as well. Please let me know your coordinates
Old 1st December 2018, 13:57   #18

Hi Narendra,
Truly the attention to detail is incredible and inspiring, I have been toying with the idea of having a more up to date version of the good old amby, mainly for my father in law who is a die-hard fan of this automobile. I tried to look up your email address here to send you private message, without luck. Is there some way i can contact you to discuss this with you in detail.
Old 18th April 2020, 21:23   #19

Hello Narendra,

Excellent write up with good technical content. I had a question, I have almost finalised a 2007 MPFI ambassador and had a couple of questions...

1. Can the gear position which is currently very close to the dash be moved back to have it located in between the bucket seats which is closer to driving position.

2. Planning to replace the OE rims with a gypsy rim to accommodate 15 R any modifications required to the suspension or hub.

Thank you

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th April 2020 at 21:18. Reason: Please do not type... like... this....
Old 19th April 2020, 01:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshco View Post
Hello Narendra,

1. Can the gear position which is currently very close to the dash be moved back to have it located in between the bucket seats which is closer to driving position.

2. Planning to replace the OE rims with a gypsy rim to accommodate 15 R any modifications required to the suspension or hub.

Thank you ..:
for query 1:Yes, you can use a remote shifter kit that was an OE fitment in some ambassadors. (PIC BELOW)
for query 2: Yes, the hubs will have to be re-drilled to accommodate the gypsy rims which are of a different PCD.

I have a 2003 MPFI ambassador, feel free to reach out for any queries.
Attached Thumbnails
HM Ambassador Modifications: Power steering, disc brakes etc.-121801de26b95164a8fc905e68f9192517e30b.jpg  

HimuraKenshin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 16:55   #21

Hello Narendra,

Will be much obliged if you can share the contact details of the workshop in Bangalore where the modification for Hubs can be done to suit Gypsy Rims.

Thank you ...
Old 4th November 2023, 16:07   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra.vw View Post
Thanks to you all for reviving the thread. I came to know when someone quoted.

I like to answer few old posts,
- The door handle is OE fitting.
-Hub cups, my friend was Ok without it.
- 2000 model later comes with Disc Brakes. I suggest you not to go beyond this(no ABS).
Brakes with Gypsy wheel & tires is more than you can ask for.

DB sir your appreciation means a lot to me.
Yes I know, brake disc & drums with Gypsy pcd were readily available. I wanted to use the OE parts.
With this setup car has covered 20,000 km. Many Ooty trips.

The tyres used, 185 wide. I was not sure of 195 or 215.
Tyres are CEAT make(not MRF). Tire pressure maintained between 28 & 30 ps. Front being more then the back.
Regarding alignment, tires does not screech on any sharp turns.
Can you please enlighten me on side slip(something to do with steering in corners?).
Thanks.

Hi... Just came across this post. Really appreciate the effort that You have taken. I am from Vidyaranyapura in Bangalore and I too own an Ambassador car . I need your help in suggesting me where to buy a brake booster from . The original one was installed in Kerala and I am unable to get it here in Bangalore.

Sanjay Menon

Ps... Would love to meet You and see the Amby in person if possible

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks