Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2013, 12:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

The workshop was closed today. Contacted road side assistance and a mechanic was sent. He diagnosed the noise to be from within the cabin below the floor carpets something has gone loose. Will have to wait till Monday now.
Old 12th November 2013, 17:39   #32
BHPian

re: 2013 Skoda Octavia TDI: Headlight Assembly Fading @2500kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
The workshop was closed today. Contacted road side assistance and a mechanic was sent. He diagnosed the noise to be from within the cabin below the floor carpets something has gone loose. Will have to wait till Monday now.
Hi , I have also booked a 1.8tsi, now apprehensive about my decision. Keeping my eyes peeled for your next post on the issue. What are the service guys pin-point ? What went wrong with your vehicle?
Old 12th November 2013, 23:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
Hi , I have also booked a 1.8tsi, now apprehensive about my decision. Keeping my eyes peeled for your next post on the issue. What are the service guys pin-point ? What went wrong with your vehicle?
Hi Saurabh
The car had drumming noise at 1800 rpm till 2000 rpm. I went to Skoda yesterday, they took trials, checked every corner of the car for possible noise sources, finally it was diagnosed that the car's catalytic convertor was producing the noise. When a fuel sample was taken, it was seen that the fuel indeed was different from normal fuels. It so happens that in pursuit of best quality, I was filling the brand new car at Shell pumps only with regular Shell petrol. But Shell's fuel had some additives in the fuel, which was not aiding a complete reaction in the cat-con. The entire fuel was then drained out of the system, and new fuel put in, the noise is gone! I can't believe it was this simple! But Skoda did not charge me a penny for the entire system flushing and charged me only for the fuel they brought. I give them a thumbs up for that, but I am still little skeptical and shall wait till i burn another tank or two of petrol before I give them the clean chit. So at your local pump, just confirm if there are no additives in the fuel and you should be fine. When you want the best performance, go for Speed 97 to extract every little drop of performance from this beast of a motor. Congrats on booking. When are you getting the delivery? Which colour?
adi_petrolhead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 13:51   #34
BHPian

Wow, never thought the source of fuel (until unless adulterated) could have such effect on cars. Maybe it is something to do with more sophisticated engines.
Delivery promised in Jan'14, always had a thing for White, so White it is
Sales guy mentioned that whatever 1.8tsi are being made are diverted to West & South India whereas majority diesel ones are allotted to North, don't know about the veracity of this. Can't control the excitement of getting my hands on the quickest car on the right side of 25Lacs
Old 13th November 2013, 15:51   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Delivery promised in Jan'14, always had a thing for White, so White it is
Sales guy mentioned that whatever 1.8tsi are being made are diverted to West & South India whereas majority diesel ones are allotted to North, don't know about the veracity of this. Can't control the excitement of getting my hands on the quickest car on the right side of 25Lacs
Congrats on the booking of the 1.8 TSI. Indeed, it will be now known as the fastest car this side of 30+ lakhs and not just 25

With regards to the claim of dealer of diversion of petrols to south and west, not entire sure of their claim as most states in south prefer diesel more than petrol (Except bangalore) and same goes for west too. And, I thought Delhi was more petrol engined friendly.
Old 13th November 2013, 16:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, never thought the source of fuel (until unless adulterated) could have such effect on cars. Maybe it is something to do with more sophisticated engines. Delivery promised in Jan'14, always had a thing for White, so White it is Sales guy mentioned that whatever 1.8tsi are being made are diverted to West & South India whereas majority diesel ones are allotted to North, don't know about the veracity of this. Can't control the excitement of getting my hands on the quickest car on the right side of 25Lacs
Rio Red and Race Blue should be introduced by Jan so I think everybody here on the forum will advise you for Blue
Old 13th November 2013, 17:39   #37
BHPian

Flywheel replacement at 450 and shell petrol causing knocking, just wondering what all issues might come up if it adulterated fuel. Even after so many years Skoda is not able to understand the Indian environment, horrible and disgusting.
Old 7th December 2013, 09:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv007 View Post
Engine noise arrested. Looks like a DSG issue now. New noise when down shifting manually.
Good, but wouldn't a car undergo all the quality checks before it is delivered or we are just taken for granted.
SKODA has to start doing something miraculously good to gain the trust now.

Last edited by capt.chandru : 7th December 2013 at 09:08. Reason: had the answer, so putting in further opinions
Old 20th December 2013, 22:20   #39
BHPian

And i am back with more problems. The car has done only 2500 kms and a diesel leak was detected in the injectors and the O-rings were changed 3 days back. The latest problem is the Headlight glass both LHS & RHS have already started to fade.

Note : Mods Please Change the Heading accordingly
Old 20th December 2013, 23:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And i am back with more problems. The car has done only 2500 kms and a diesel leak was detected in the injectors and the O-rings were changed 3 days back. The latest problem is the Headlight glass both LHS & RHS have already started to fade. Note : Mods Please Change the Heading accordingly
So is the leak fixed now? And the head light glass fading is natural I guess. It depends on how one washes the car and headlights. The manual expressly mentions never to wipe the headlights with a cloth to dry them off. Even though my driver does it everyday and I can see some slight dullness in the glass too. But 100% sure it does not affect the light throw or visibility.
Old 21st December 2013, 08:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
So is the leak fixed now? And the head light glass fading is natural I guess. It depends on how one washes the car and headlights. The manual expressly mentions never to wipe the headlights with a cloth to dry them off. Even though my driver does it everyday and I can see some slight dullness in the glass too. But 100% sure it does not affect the light throw or visibility.
The leak is fixed though I would wait for a couple of days to see if it comes back and for the headlight there are white patches on the glass which I think are not normal and mine are the fl halogen headlamps. I think it's about time Skoda extends my warranty.
Old 21st December 2013, 09:05   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2013 Skoda Octavia TDI: Headlight Assembly Fading @2500kms

Vikram, sorry to hear about your never ending problems with the almost brand new car. The headlight fading issue seems genuine as white patches are definetly not normal.

Looks like the wiring is not able to cope with the intensity of the halogens and not able to arrest the heat thereby effecting the assembly. This normally happens when you use high intensity bulbs like a 130w/100w for a stock rating of 55w/60w but, the assembly becomes black so white definetly seems abnormal.
Old 21st December 2013, 19:27   #43
BHPian

Skoda have changed both the lhs and rhs headlight assembly. Looks like a manufacturing defect.
Old 21st December 2013, 20:33   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Skoda have changed both the lhs and rhs headlight assembly. Looks like a manufacturing defect.
That is good news as they changed the assembly.

Did they tell what was the problem with the headlamp that was causing this problem?

Any extension to warranty from Skoda?

Anurag.
Old 1st March 2014, 15:33   #45
BHPian

Well after seeing the problems being faced i'm really wondering whether to go ahead and book the octavia. I do have a Laura and thankfully apart from the door trim rattling and the compressor being replaced under goodwill warranty iv never faced any issue. Even the DSG has never acted up *touchwood* and its completed around 70k kms.
Have been in the market for a good automatic vehicle for sometime now and after seeing the disappointing new corolla altis really don't understand what options are left. Octavia was the only one worth considering and in its top end diesel avtar was under 22l on road here in my hometown.
Do keep the thread updated with your ownership experience it will be highly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks