Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2019, 10:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Underbody Hit & Cracked Sump : Implications, Vulnerabilities, Responsibilities

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a picture of the underbody for the Indian Polo?

I have observed that the car has a angular protrusion (like a triangle) with its apex near the rear door center.

I showed this to the nearest FNG and he said that this is a part of the underbody protection, which I thought may not be the case.
Old 25th December 2022, 18:34   #62

Re: Underbody Hit & Cracked Sump : Implications, Vulnerabilities, Responsibilities

My friend car VW Ameo’ petrol oil sump was damage by a stone on the road.

Please find attached pictures.

Oil sump was damaged and dented. Sprocket and its cover inside the sump also damaged. Car would have barely run two minutes after hit, once engine light was ON car was stopped. Oil has not leaked. Immediately car was towed and taken to service center.

Since the sprocket is broken and sprocket cover was grinded by the chain. Service center is suspicious of engine damage and oil path blockage by grinded particles and broken pieces.

Insurance company acko says that they approve claim to replace only broken parts. But service centre insists on whole engine dismantling and checking for engine damage and blocked in oil lines .

Acko says they will not honour internal damages like piston damage as there is not engine protect cover. Inner wall damage if any found. They are not even ready to approve to dismantle engine and check.

FellowBHPians, please advise.

I was co passenger in car and I am certain that car didn’t run for more than two minutes. Is Even for two minutes the case of aggrevating the damage will arise.? Is engine overhauls is required as insisted by the service centre.? How to approach in this regard with VW service centre and insurer.

Kindly advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Underbody Hit & Cracked Sump : Implications, Vulnerabilities, Responsibilities-f2ec7721fe264d589f5f0dd158d028fa.jpeg  

Underbody Hit & Cracked Sump : Implications, Vulnerabilities, Responsibilities-3922644a91a34942ab3a2d439942e864.jpeg  

Underbody Hit & Cracked Sump : Implications, Vulnerabilities, Responsibilities-973ff05508b849e494debda6c00680a6.jpeg  

Underbody Hit & Cracked Sump : Implications, Vulnerabilities, Responsibilities-7f022163012a452a8c675ec4c1b3f9c6.jpeg  

gyathishkumar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks