Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2018, 10:54   #421
BHPian

Seems methods auto /car power grid is having great business or not interested in doing business.
I had messaged them about an offer on sonax BSD for 610 seen on fb but no one bothered to respond.
Earlier a mail sent for another enquiry too was responded after 20 days or so.
Is there any other sonax dealer other than Amazon
Old 23rd February 2018, 22:30   #422
BHPian

Anybody has any experience with this ?
Attached Thumbnails
All about Car Waxes & Sealants-1519405238564.jpg  

Old 24th February 2018, 06:50   #423
BHPian

Re: All about Car Waxes & Sealants

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
Seems methods auto /car power grid is having great business or not interested in doing business.
I had messaged them about an offer on sonax BSD for 610 seen on fb but no one bothered to respond.
Earlier a mail sent for another enquiry too was responded after 20 days or so.
Is there any other sonax dealer other than Amazon
For all Sonax products check out carpowergrid.com, they are genuine. Two months back BSD was selling at heavy discounts so as all other Sonax products, but it again went back to normal prices now. Check out once.

I have bought stuff from them.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 14:04   #424
BHPian

For those who are into waxing your car regularly, I recommend you guys to try Nu Finish. It's more of a synthetic sealant than a polish. The name is a misnomer. It lasts way longer than wax. It can even be applied in direct sunlight according to the company.

I have attached the comparison of the top 2 car wax products on consumerreports.org. Observe the durability rating difference between the two.

About Consumerreports.org, refer this post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Consumer Reports is the baap (big daddy) of car reviews in the USA. They can make or break a car's performance in the market. Trivia: The idea of never taking car ads on Team-BHP was influenced by Consumer Reports which has practiced the same since ages. I really, really respect it as an institution; just like you can trust a car review on Team-BHP blindly, it's the same for Consumer Reports. Other than us & Consumer Reports, I can't think of a single auto publication or website that has had the guts to stand out like this.
But I don't think it is available in India. In Amazon, only paste is available and way costlier. I recommend the liquid bottle. I got it from Singapore valued at Rs.750-800. It is cheaper in US.
Attached Thumbnails
All about Car Waxes & Sealants-nu-finish.jpg  

Old 11th June 2020, 12:59   #425
BHPian

Guys anyone ordered anything recently from "https://www.bringingbest.in"

I have heard they are dealing in detailing products and deal with multiple brands.

I was planning to order some stuff but wanted to check first if it's genuine or not.
Old 12th June 2020, 09:46   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post

I have heard they are dealing in detailing products and deal with multiple brands.

I was planning to order some stuff but wanted to check first if it's genuine or not.
Genuine. I have been buying from them since a long time.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 10:09   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Genuine. I have been buying from them since a long time.
Appreciate your response brother.

Can you please PM me the direct number for the person with whom you deal with directly at bringingbest .

That will help me in clearing my doubts directly with them if any.
Old 12th June 2020, 11:18   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

They are genuine and one of the oldest portals catering to the detailing masses in India.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 20:05   #429
BHPian

I did a 2 bucket wash + meguire ultimate polish + 3M car wax on my black C class 2 months back and got very smooth paint and results. Now I feel as if the wax is wearing off as the dusting microfibre cloth doesn't glide over the surface as it did after wax. So should I do both polish and wax this time or just wash and wax? Is the meguire polish abrasive? If yes, how often should I use it, if at all?
Old 19th November 2020, 23:04   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katil.garage View Post
I did a 2 bucket wash + meguire ultimate polish + 3M car wax on my black C class 2 months back and got very smooth paint and results. Now I feel as if the wax is wearing off as the dusting microfibre cloth doesn't glide over the surface as it did after wax. So should I do both polish and wax this time or just wash and wax? Is the meguire polish abrasive? If yes, how often should I use it, if at all?
Washing and waxing alone should suffice.Polishing every now and then is not a good idea.Why not go a step further and move to sealents which offer higher protection and more durability leading to higher intervels between applications.Polishes in my opinion are mildly abrasive.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 19:06   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Polishes in my opinion are mildly abrasive.
Polishes, as a matter of fact are abrasive. That is how scratches are removed from any material: wearing away the material around them until the surface is smooth again.

That is the technical fact. In general language, however, people think of polishing as making shiny, which includes waxing and other treatments that create a glossy surface. And which may also fill in those scratches if they are small enough.

I think most people in this thread use polish in the technical sense. A cutting compound is a course polish, just as a polish is a fine cutting compound!

Most of my life, I simply talked of "polishing" the car (and, as now, talked about it more often than doing it <Blush>). This changed with 1, learning about polishing metals, and 2, joining T-BHP!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 07:29   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Washing and waxing alone should suffice.Polishing every now and then is not a good idea.Why not go a step further and move to sealents which offer higher protection and more durability leading to higher intervels between applications.Polishes in my opinion are mildly abrasive.
Yeah, I will move to sealants when the existing wax bottle finishes. Waxes are completely non abrasive though right?
Old 8th February 2021, 15:03   #433
Senior - BHPian

I have tired Sonax High Speed Wax last week.

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-psx_20210207_093814.jpg

It is very easy to apply and takes less time. Just spray and wipe with a good quality microfiber, of course after a proper wash.

The results look decent for a 3.5 year old car:

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-psx_20210207_214750.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-psx_20210207_093547.jpg

The orange peel effect is very evident, and obviously waxing cannot hide it. I plan to get the car polished after this wax coating wears off in a couple of months.

The plan is to apply the sealant first (Turtle wax's ceramic spray coating - 53409) and then a layer of Sonax wax over it. The ceramic spray coating is supposed to last for about 10 months, if two coats are applied over a 24 hour period.

Last edited by clevermax : 8th February 2021 at 15:05.
clevermax is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 17:11   #434
BHPian

Hi guys, need your help for the car wash procedure I am trying to adopt.

I recently got ceramic coating done on my Pearl White car and am following the below washing procedure for every (alternate) day cleaning.

> Dust off the entire car with the Jopasu duster
> Spray water on the entire car with a good sprayer (the 2L bottled multipurpose sprayers used for gardening etc. as well)
> Wipe off the car with a good micro-fiber cloth and dry with another one
> use a quick drying wax to finish (every month or so)

> I do the mirrors with Colin (glass cleaner)
> Mix car shampoo in the water sprayer in cases when its more dirty.

For cases when its more dirty than normal, I get the car washed using traditional water hose/pump or at a professional detailing shop (preferred).

So my question is, for every day normal dust cleaning, is the above procedure fine and will this procedure prevent scratches? I know pressure washing removes the dust better, but for normal everyday thin dust layers that is too much of hassle. I want to minimize time and primarily water usage in everyday cleaning!
Old 11th June 2021, 01:04   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
The plan is to apply the sealant first (Turtle wax's ceramic spray coating - 53409) and then a layer of Sonax wax over it. The ceramic spray coating is supposed to last for about 10 months, if two coats are applied over a 24 hour period.
Red paint looks awesome after all these years. Have you been regularly applying sealant/wax?

Is the Turtle Wax 53409 really a sealant? Does spray sealants last long? How is your experience with the above mentioned combo? Does a single bottle 53409 last for 2 immediate coats on say a sedan? Which other sealant-wax combo do you suggest for a glossy wet look on white paint? How is Collinite 845 compared to the above Sonax?

Most Viewed